Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't listen to this while Rohan pollutes twitter with his lefty commo dribble No wonder mainstream media left him behind. When he calls Neil Mitchell out I will have respect that he doesn't pick and choose his targets
thanks for sharing

Won't listen to this while Rohan pollutes twitter with his lefty commo dribble No wonder mainstream media left him behind. When he calls Neil Mitchell out I will have respect that he doesn't pick and choose his targets

Prefer it to right wing racist sexist garbage.

Rohan's politics are not my bag by any stretch, but life would be boring if we all agreed with each other. Footyology is a great product, I'm all ears for it.

I just love that you nut jobs love to come out and insult without any good argument other than its lefty commo dribble. Its people like you who make social media a cesspool of hate. If you want to argue how about making points about your side of the argument rather than faux outrage?

"Lefty commo dribble" Thanks for that sophisticated take on my politics, Harry. :tearsofjoy: Though I suspect in your world anyone marginally to the left of Genghis Khan is probably a "commie". Cheers.

Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay getting current episode up here, lot going on! The Round 8 review wraps up all nine games, we preview Monday and Wednesday night (this is all going to get very confusing!) talk "Life Hacks" and of course there's "The Rant-Off" to finish. As always, thanks for your support and feedback.

Cheers,
Rohan

Most ppl 30 years of age or younger wouldnt be aware of this,anyway as Richmond supporter born in the late 60's its just a natural phenoneman to despise anything Carlton,i mean back in the late 70's and early 80's id even find myself hoping Collingwood would beat them in those GF's,never mind,whichever way it turned it was always a lose-lose situation but felt worse when Carlton won it,anyway to my point and my absolute allegiance with Mark Fine on the despicable dog s**t behaviour that the club they call Carlton has bestowed on the game in the past 40+ yrs

We'll go back to 1997 in a game at princess park btwn Hawthorn & the Western Bulldogs,a game that Carlton had no business in except for the fact that
a certain Carlton high profile identity and AFL administrator of the time named Ian (pos) Collins took it upon himself to put a protest in that Chris Grant
of the Bulldogs should be reported for a high hit in the contest for the ball on Nick Holland of Hawthorn.
The 2 officiating umpires of the day saw no reason to report him,Nick Holland wasnt affected,he kept playing and didnt miss any games and on
the following tuesday poor Chris Grant found himself suspended and ineligible for the Brownlow he went on to win later that year
thats right ,he accumalated the most votes and save for an interfering nothing better to do with his time pos Carlton schlep,Grant would and should be a Brownlow medallst
That ppl sums up the toilet bowl scum Carlton and Carlton's mindset is and has been for the best part of 50 years......long may they linger
in past and long distant glories...so in reiterating Mark Fine....DONT EVER AND I MEAN 'EVER' FEEL SORRY FOR THAT SCUMBAG CLUB

I once watched This Is Spinal Tap with a few people, a couple of whom thought it was real. No joke.

Trivia: The Young Ones guys' similar, but much shorter, mockumentary-style episode of Comic Strip Presents, titled Bad News Tour (about the fictional band Bad News), came out over a year before Spinal Tap, but barely anyone talks about it. It's nowhere near as good as Spinal Tap, but some if it's ok. They did some follow-up shows, and recorded a few albums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a hard luck story from that 1984 Essendon premiership win.

Tony "Budgie" Buhagiar was a great little rover for the Bombers in the early 80s but was an emergency for the 1984 GF.

I ran into Budgie in a pub in Freo back in the 90s, I think I was the only one there that recognised him

He is a great bloke and he said "You might know this big bloke behind me", it was none other than Andrew Purser.

RE the discussion on here a couple of months ago on media/accreditation, how can afl.com.au be treated as anything more than a glorified propaganda machine (if they weren't already) after this? Keen to hear the boys thoughts on this matter.

RE the discussion on here a couple of months ago on media/accreditation, how can afl.com.au be treated as anything more than a glorified propaganda machine (if they weren't already) after this? Keen to hear the boys thoughts on this matter.

I take nothing from them seriously since they sacked any reporter not based in Vic.

Early posting tonight :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Could the exceptionally high goal to point ratio be a result of players confined to hub life actually having more time to spend on the art of goal kicking?
Or have the AFL sneakily moved the goal posts further apart.

Rohan, which nights do you do Footyology's Final Siren?
Saw Footyology is moving up in the Sport Podcast rankings. Well done! One of my favourite podcasts.

Footyology Final Siren is on usually about 20-25 minutes after the games on Thursday and Friday nights at @rohan_connolly on Twitter. Actually, while I'm here, if anyone's interested, we have begun to post short clips from the shows on the website and YouTube. Here's an example ...

Hi guys,

Latest episode is out now. We've got reviews of the games so far in Round 10, previews of those remaining, and we look at the weekend's start of Round 11. Yep, it's confusing. But stick with us, we've got a heap to talk about!

Cheers,
Rohan

This big announcement would wanna be prettttttty pretttty prettty good...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back