Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,

Round 14 preview episode is up. We're talking Joe Daniher's return, pre-finals byes and grand final date and venue, there's a review of last Monday's game (if you can still remember it!) and full previews of every game in Round 14, as "Footyfest II" kicks into gear. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

I think you're wrong about the Dogs getting a leg up in 16 because of the bye. Every club got a bye, dogs didnt get any different treatment/advantage when compared to other teams.

RoCo re Sam Draper being managed, he had a knee reco last year and was still rehabbing at the start of the year before playing his first senior game. Understandable with these "footy frenzies" that they would need to give him a few games off. I am surprised they arent doing the same with Stewart though considering he has had almost as bad a run as joe with OP.

Is finey going to disclose the cause of his current speech impediment and how long it’s going to last because it has drastically changed how he sounds and his pronunciation of words. I assumed there being no reference too it on Monday meant it was going to be a one-off but not so.

I think you're wrong about the Dogs getting a leg up in 16 because of the bye. Every club got a bye, dogs didnt get any different treatment/advantage when compared to other teams.

Quite right, the Dogs didn't get a leg up in 2016 from the bye, they got a leg up in 2016 from the umpiring.

Is finey going to disclose the cause of his current speech impediment and how long it’s going to last because it has drastically changed how he sounds and his pronunciation of words. I assumed there being no reference too it on Monday meant it was going to be a one-off but not so.
i think its more technical than a speech impediment. Its a little bit hard to listen too

Hi guys,

Here's the latest episode. We talk about the Gabba grand final, the day/night debate and the entertainment. A few thoughts on just where Essendon's list is at, plus heaps of reviews and previews of this crazy, mixed-up schedule. Here's a short clip, full episode link below.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi folks,

Latest episode online now, full reviews of games from last Thursday to Sunday night, previews of Monday to Wednesday (rounds have sort of blurred into one!). Full episode link below. Also, here's some immediate thoughts on that Essendon "effort" against Geelong.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi BigFooty,

The latest episode is up! We're talking Richmond's alleged cultural issues, player retirements, there's reviews of the end of Round 16, previews of Round 17, and lockdown has finally pushed us over the edge and we're talking to ourselves as well! (Full episode below)

Cheers,
Rohan

Ever since Fine mentioned it last year, can't help noticing how every week Jeremy McGovern appears to be 'injured', have a trainer to fret over him, only for him to be fine afterwards.

Tonight against the Saints during the first quarter, McGovern was in a marking collision and appeared to be out of it for the match. Cue the commentators worried how much of a loss he will be for West Coast tonight. Miracle of miracles by early in the 2nd quarter he's made a remarkable recovery.

Ever since Fine mentioned it last year, can't help noticing how every week Jeremy McGovern appears to be 'injured', have a trainer to fret over him, only for him to be fine afterwards.Tonight against the Saints during the first quarter, McGovern was in a marking collision and appeared to be out of it for the match. Cue the commentators worried how much of a loss he will be for West Coast tonight. Miracle of miracles by early in the 2nd quarter he's made a remarkable recovery.
Crikey! I read this just as I turned on the telly to see him on the bench with a bad hammy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever since Fine mentioned it last year, can't help noticing how every week Jeremy McGovern appears to be 'injured', have a trainer to fret over him, only for him to be fine afterwards.
I played cricket with a guy who had a bag full of bandages, and would put them on ANYTHING, all the time. :D Maybe it was a placebo

Gday,
I find it amazing how full time football people have so little knowledge of Fremantle.
We are irrelevant to many but when it’s your job a bit of effort might be required.
Re: Hogan has just been given tough love to earn his spot back like Blakey early in the year.
Move to defence was just smoke and mirrors to remove the pressure/spotlight of him.
freo trying to move him on is Tom Browne journalism.
Re: Darcy tucker was ruled out for the year in july.
Re:eek:lder players have not been key this year, Mundy is the only player that’s played better, Fyfe and Walters down on last year, hill a shadow of his former self.
It’s Cez Brayshaw and co and your Ross point was good just came out scrambled.

Rohan
Is there room in today’s landscape For a football writer/commentator thats well researched and non bias ?
I find some getting airtime don’t even watch all the games.
Some just make in the moment outlandish statements
Some are bias to their own beliefs and others are bias to the company dollars.
I find it frustrating

Hi guys,

The Round 18 preview episode is up. Full look at all nine games, we review last Monday night's Pies-Suns clash, plus plenty of discussion on list rumblings, retirements, and how any of us will possibly survive this year without the Brownlow night red carpet special!

Cheers,
Rohan

what a farce, these isolation rules get changed to suit,is that an admittance of engineering ? if i was Collingwood i would default on principle.
not because theyre disadvantaged by about 5 days of less outdoor practice,no,because every other person has to do 14 days these so called
experts say,this whole scenario is just one big hoax and scam.the season should be cancelled immediately and shoulda been cancelled back in july
same for horse racing,its either one or the other,its either a pandemic or its not ?....shaving 7 days off quarantine clearly demonstrates that its a crock of s**t :p

Great summation by Finey of the Brownlow count as a tv spectacle and the medals relevance as an award.

Rohan, could you and Finey create your own alternative award for your podcast prior to or after the Brownlow; the best non midfielder for the year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back