Footyology podcast 2024

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Just my 2c, feel free to disregard.

I actually thought it worked (looked) better when you had to do it "virtually" this year with split-screens etc, rather than when you were sitting next to each other on what seemed to be a very uncomfortable-looking set!

If you choose the return to the latter format next year, maybe a relaxed setting eg. a comfy sofa might produce a better visual!

Hi Made Guy, thanks a lot for that, much appreciated. Yeah, set wasn't ideal, would hope that could be improved, but like you I did think the split screen thing worked pretty well in the finish, so maybe we'll just stay with that. Lot to organise in the meantime if it's going to continue, but all the feedback really helps, so cheers!

Rohan

Apr 15, 2010
cairns
AFL Club
Carlton
With Fine being proven correct within his claim that Frawley to the Saints was a done deal, fair to say he's a better newsbreaker than most footy journos going around!
Heard that and was a little sceptical myself after Finey once claimed on a podcast episode that Ben King had played his last game for G. Coast and next season would play alongside his brother at St. Kilda....and " all that had to be sorted out was which guernsey number and locker he would get".

Am happy he is bang on the money this time though. Good footy story.

joey_jo_jo

All Australian
Jun 25, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Lol loved Fineys rant about the Wallabies vs Argies game. Tell him he needs to watch a game not involving the wallabies to see a quality spectacle. The wallabies have followed a similar trajectory to the bombers since their heights of late 90s/early 00's. An average playing list and idiots running the game (I unfortunatley say that as both a bombers and wallabies supporter :( ).
Actually another similarity between the two teams was pinning all their hopes on a freakishly talented but flawed player who is no longer there (Folau/Daniher). Ignoring all of folaus nutjob stuff off the field, neither player ever seemed that keen on working on their weaknesses to compliment their natural ability.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

New episode is here. This week we talk Bomber bungles, Treloar's travails & draft daftness. There's musings, rants & "Vinyl & Video" goes back to 1998. And WARNING: Finey offers WAY too much information about various appendages which may conjure disturbing visual imagery.

Cheers,
Rohan

joey_jo_jo

All Australian
Jun 25, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Only watched the first ep of Schitt's creek and didnt rate although alot of people keep telling me you need to watch past the first ep. However completely agree about that certain type of american sitcom that alot of people rate but I just find dull (parks & rec, brooklyn 99, the american version of the office).
Give me the ascerbic /weird style HBO comedies like Curb your enthusiasm/Eastbound & down/Barry any day of the week over that network tv crap.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Another great album from 1998.

Cake - Prolonging the Magic

Can't fault Roco and Finey's movie choices, The Big Lebowski and There's Something About Mary, they are both rolled gold comedy classics.

Their tv choices leave a lot to be desired, The Royle Family and Sea Change, I just googled tv shows that started in 1998 and they're all terrible.so they get a pass.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

A new episode is up now, featuring a full review of not only the national draft, but pre-season and rookie variety. Life Hacks has as broad scope this week, Vinyl & Video goes back to 2008 for the best of music, movies, TV and footy, and the draft episode rants are just as unhinged as usual. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi Big Footy,

In our last show for 2020, we discuss Eddie McGuire's exit, are break-ups in AFL really news, and the cinematic merits of "Chopper". PLUS Life Hacks, Vinyl & Video from 2005, and a big Rant-Off! This'll keep you going for weeks!

PS. Thanks once again for all the support on here. Have a great Christmas & New Year.

Cheers,
Rohan

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
In light of his observation about The Killers English affectations and as a man of Trivia, Finey would be interested to know that the Killers got their name from the videoclip for the New Order Song, ‘Crystal’. The Killers were the fictional band in that video clip.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surprised Finey didn't go with Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc as his song of 2005, although my fave song off that album is Dare.

One of the best albums of all time came out in 2005, Bloc Party - Silent Alarm.

Batman Begins stand out movie of 2005.

TV hard to go past the thick of it (would be right up your alley RoCo).

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi BigFooty,

We're back! The FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST kicks off for 2021 with a mega-show! This we're talking the Jonathon Patton investigation, we start our previews of YOUR club's season, there's Life Hacks, The Rant-Off, and Vinyl & Video goes back to 1999! Good to talk to you again!

https://footyology.com.au/footyology-podcast-patton-presidents-and-previews/

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

A new episode has just gone up. This week, we preview the AFLW season, look at three more clubs' prospects in the men's comp, plus there's Life Hacks, Vinyl & Video goes back to 1968, and there's some very surprising rants! Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I cant cop Finey's rant at all. Why have rules if you arent going to fine them (not a pun!) when they are broken. It also costs way more to collect the fines if they arent paid. Not revenue raising at all, keeping the people in line in a dangerous pandemic.

As for Andrews putting us in the position? another thing i cant cop but i will be here all day arguing it so i wont bother. The only thing Andrews did wrong was not putting us in lockdown immediately after the 2nd wave started. He has handled the pandemic better than anyone else in Australia could have given what has happened. Without his "dictatorship" we would be separated from the rest of Australia for god knows how long and our economy etc would be 3rd world compared to the rest of Australia.

(waiting for the abuse of being a lefty given my avatar.. .you guys can, as Roco says, FRO)

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi folks,

There's a new episode online now. This week, we drill down on another three AFL clubs' chances in 2021. There's some loquacious 'Life Hacks', a vigorous 'Vinyl & Video' goes back to 2004, and we roar home with a good ol' rant! Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Is this an appropriate thread to remain on BigFooty?

Is Footyology a footy show or an Avenue for the political and social intolerances of Rohan ?

What the world needs now is peace and a settled environment. Not hatred and vindictiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Is this an appropriate thread to remain on BigFooty?

Is Footyology a footy show or an Avenue for the political and social intolerances of Rohan ?

What the world needs now is peace and a settled environment. Not hatred and vindictiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oh, hi Bruce. Still sulking about my "lefty" politics are we? Appears so. This is the second time you've bobbed up here just to have a sook about it. Why don't you have a listen to Finey's rant on the latest episode, just out of interest. He had a huge crack at Dan Andrews and the State Government in his rant, certainly equal to anything I've dished out. Will that be too "vindictive" or "hateful" for you, I wonder? Of course it won't, because he's probably saying something you agree with.

Yes, Footyology is a footy show, but for some time now (obviously more so in the off-season) we've talked about a lot of stuff other than football as well. Music, movies, TV, and yes, occasionally, if it's topical, politics. No one's forcing you to listen to one second of it. Bag me all you like on here. (Which now I've bothered to check a few of your posts, I see you do frequently). If it's therapeutic for you, go right ahead, glad I can help.

But plenty of people (our listener numbers keep going up) seem to enjoy the show enough. So how about letting them do that, allow me to let them know when there's a new episode up, which is all this thread has ever been, and stop acting like a petulant little kid because you don't like someone else's opinions? Really mate, get a new hobby will you, this one is tiresome.

Cheers,
Rohan

FitzroyRamone

B+F in a premiership year - SFA season 4
Jan 27, 2001
Brunswick Street Oval
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Norwich City, Niners
Of the all the non-footy episodes RoCo and Finey have put out, this weeks one was up there with the best :thumbsu:

Keep up the good work, RoCo...for the sake of your ticker and blood pressure, the footy cannot come along soon enough!

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

A new episode has just gone up, and this one is packed to bursting point! We talk Eddie McGuire, Collingwood and racism, there's retirement and injury talk, a wrap of AFLW Round one, three more clubs' seasons previewed, plus Life Hacks, The Rant-Off, and Vinyl And Video this week goes back to 2010. Fasten your seatbelts!

Cheers,
Rohan

Back