Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Kudos to you Rohan for leaving the politics out of Footyology this year. I'm a lefty, but don't want a lecture on society when trying to enjoy some footy talk (I do, however, like a rant).
The pod is excellent as a footy show, but mediocre as a social discourse. Good to see you're concentrating on what you're good at.
Keep it up guys.

On Pixel 3a XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

I got to point out that in the Adelaide Melbourne game there is video out there that shows that the ball was handballed into Spargo so it was not deliberate at all. !00 percent not a free.

Why did the AFL throw the umps under the bus? This clearly shows that the ball hit Spargo hard, He even shook his hand like it hurt him. Very puzzling decision

Hi guys,

Latest episode, the Round 11 Preview, up online now. We're talking COVID chaos, Tribunal capers, re-signings and president's "Dear Member" letters. There's extensive previews of each of the nine games, and "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" is one for Magpie fans. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi BigFooty,

The Round 11 Review episode is up now. We're analysing all the weekend action in detail, and this week finish off with a couple of heart-on-sleeve rants and a bit of fun with the "mob". Listen in...or you'll be sleeping with the fishes! :cool:

Cheers,
Rohan

Only recently discovered this podcast.
Am enjoying the talk about the games without all the hype, self promotion and moral grandstanding from the shows I can get on WatchAFL.com.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hi folks,

The Round 12 Preview episode is up now. We're talking fixture disruptions, Jeff Browne's tilt at Collingwood's top job, the mid-season draft, there's full previews of all this weekend's games, and "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" has a treat for North Melbourne fans. Hope you like.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd post last night's edition of Footyology Final Siren, our post-Friday night game live stream on Twitter and Facebook. We break down the game and take viewer questions and comments, and stuff around a bit as well to be honest. Good fun. Check it out and if you like it, give us a try!

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd post last night's edition of Footyology Final Siren, our post-Friday night game live stream on Twitter and Facebook. We break down the game and take viewer questions and comments, and stuff around a bit as well to be honest. Good fun. Check it out and if you like it, give us a try!

Good job Roh.
Really enjoy the final siren show.

Hi guys,

Here's the Round 12 Review episode, all done! Full analysis of all six games and a couple of serious rants this week, about whatever happened to holding the ball, and commentators hypocrisy on incidents which cause concussion. Hope you enjoy!

PS. Thanks for the kind words 00Stinger, but radio is SO 2010! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

The Round 13 Preview is up, and we're pretty happy with this one. Lots of good discussion about Nathan Buckley's departure from Collingwood, the on-going angst at Carlton and the Adam Goodes situation. All seven games this week previewed in full, and a couple of ripper (but heartbreaking for the losers) games revisited in "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks". Hope you like it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Love it Rohan. Is the Mick Warner interview still going ahead? Would love to see yourself and Finey interview blokes from back in the day who normally don’t get media coverage. Would work so well with Footy Flashbacks!

Love it Rohan. Is the Mick Warner interview still going ahead? Would love to see yourself and Finey interview blokes from back in the day who normally don’t get media coverage. Would work so well with Footy Flashbacks!

We interviewed Mick today for a special ep. we'll probably upload on Friday. And thinking seriously about regular interview pods, maybe for off-season.

Hi guys,

The Round 13 Preview is up, and we're pretty happy with this one. Lots of good discussion about Nathan Buckley's departure from Collingwood, the on-going angst at Carlton and the Adam Goodes situation. All seven games this week previewed in full, and a couple of ripper (but heartbreaking for the losers) games revisited in "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks". Hope you like it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Completely agree with all your comments on the Adam Goodes situation. The first article I read on it once the news broke he had turned down the Hall of Fame nomination had Tim Watson's radio comments which I could not believe given we got to this point by many in the football world having no idea of how much Adam was being affected by the whole thing:

“(I’m surprised) because I would have thought … he’s been retired for five years, I would’ve thought in that five years repatriation had taken place and that the damage that occurred at that time I thought it might have eased on him mentally and he might have been able to repair some of those bridges between himself and the game and feel differently about his time and then just appreciated all the great things about the game that were delivered to him and that he earned for himself. We always say time is a great healer, I just thought that the time may have healed all those differences. Clearly, it hasn’t."

The fact that someone would think "its been enough time, surely we can move on" is very disappointing and goes to your comments in the podcast about how far we still have to come as a society.

Hi guys,

The Round 14 Preview episode is up now. This week, there's a good discussion about the David Mackay tribunal case and its ramifications, and an interesting contrast to Shane Mumford's "clumsiness". We don't let the alleged "controversy" about those St Kilda players going home go unnoticed, either. Full previews of all games, and "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" has a treat for Bomber fans and a dramatic finish from 2002. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Absolutely love Finely but Sheesh he puts on the rose tinted glasses when he has the Jewish hat on.
Edelsten was a crook who spent other people's money and was balls deep in organised crime.
Please dont pretend he was a decent bloke.

Hi guys,

The Round 14 Review episode is up! We discuss all the Round 14 games in full detail and deliver a couple of passionate rants to go with it on the Cats' own "Bermuda Triangle", and bye rounds and too much family time! Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back