Footyology podcast 2024

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

The Round 15 Preview episode is up. This week we're talking fixture issues, Joel Selwood's reputation, and who's fared worst for injuries. All nine games previewed, plus a memorable comeback and a nailbiter from the '80s in "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks". Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Rohan

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Tuned into 91.3 SportFM today (Perth) and they were playing the Footyology podcast, in its entirety I think.

They're only a small radio station, but good to hear this partnership is growing.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Tuned into 91.3 SportFM today (Perth) and they were playing the Footyology podcast, in its entirety I think.

They're only a small radio station, but good to hear this partnership is growing.

Just saw this The Made Guy. Yep, they've been good for us, replay both episodes every week, Thursdays for the midweek one and I think Monday for the Sunday night ep. I also do a spot on their morning show on Thursdays and a longer one on "Before The Footy" on Saturday morning about 11.20 (AEST) (about 9.20am Perth time. They're a very good station, a lot like what SEN used to be like really, in terms of the content and guests.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

The Round 16 Preview ep is online now. This week we discuss the latest COVID fixturing dramas, the Pies' coaching post and Richmond's turnover troubles. Full previews plus we reflect on the 2006 Grand Final between West Coast and Sydney and a famous heart-stopping Port Adelaide win over the Saints in "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks". Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

Just FYI, we've decided to produce the Friday night live stream FOOTYOLOGY FINAL SIREN as an audio podcast as well as posting on YouTube and the Footyology website. If you haven't caught it yet, we're on 10.45pm after every Friday night game to break down the match, take viewer questions via Twitter or Facebook, talk about anything else people would like to discuss, and have a bit of fun as well. Here is both the YouTube and audio only versions.

Cheers,
Rohan

Sep 24, 2018
Lockdown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi folks,

Just FYI, we've decided to produce the Friday night live stream FOOTYOLOGY FINAL SIREN as an audio podcast as well as posting on YouTube and the Footyology website. If you haven't caught it yet, we're on 10.45pm after every Friday night game to break down the match, take viewer questions via Twitter or Facebook, talk about anything else people would like to discuss, and have a bit of fun as well. Here is both the YouTube and audio only versions.

Cheers,
Rohan

Massive, Thanks for taking up my suggestion 😉 ! The show is going from strength to strength!

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

The Round 16 Review show is up nice and early. We wrap up a dramatic few days of shocks and shellackings, and still have time to rant to our heart's content! Your first, fullest and finest guide to the events of the football weekend! Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just listened to the Friday night podcast and really enjoyed it. Much more relaxed than the normal podcast and had an after the match radio postmortem vibe with tweets rather than callers.
I did like the scrabble picks. I got a twist on that for next week, Picks to be done with 5 or less scrabble points. Might be harder than the 15 or more.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Fantastic interview with Mick Warner. I only just got around to listening to it. I'm definitely gunna buy that book

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

Here's the Round 17 Preview episode. We discuss the Clarkson coaching handover, Steve Hocking's departure from the AFL and what his successor should be concentrating on. Full previews of all nine games, and a couple of cracking "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks", a memorable preliminary final and a big Sunday afternoon for the Bulldogs. Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Hi guys,

Here's the Round 17 Preview episode. We discuss the Clarkson coaching handover, Steve Hocking's departure from the AFL and what his successor should be concentrating on. Full previews of all nine games, and a couple of cracking "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks", a memorable preliminary final and a big Sunday afternoon for the Bulldogs. Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Roco. My very first trip to the MCG (and to Melbourne) was for preliminary final week and grand final week in 1993. Travelled across from perth as an 18 year old. Was hoping the eagles made the grand final again and i could as a member get a ticket. But alas they didnt win the week before.
I was disappointed but thought well, prelim final i have to see that. And was i glad i went. That comeback was amazing and i agree the noise gave me chills.

Thanks for the flashback

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

The Round 17 Review* (well, nearly all of it) is up online now. Full wraps of the eight games played thus far in a weekend full of upsets! Plus a couple of fulsome rants about both goalkicking and a potential deadly incursion into Victoria! Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

Here's the Round 18 Preview episode. This week, we discuss the Collingwood in-fighting and coaching hunt, Brisbane's structural issues without Eric Hipwood, the fixture and Joel Selwood carries on. FULL previews of all nine games, and some joy for fans of the WA clubs in "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks". Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi BigFooty,

The Round 18 Review is ready to roll after a huge weekend of drama both on and off the field. "Wrap-A-Round" looks at each of the nine games in detail, and there's a couple of timely rants on a couple of controversial topics. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ha! :tongueoutv1: As Finey asked on radio a few years ago: why the fa'rk do the meerkats in those ads have Russian accents? It's obviously gotta be because "meer" sounds like the "mir" of space station fame. It's fa'rkin schtoopit, not only because they're spelt differently, but also because meerkats come from South Africa!!

Back