Footyology podcast 2024

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

The Round 20 Preview episode is up. This week, we're talking Buddy's elbow and the reversal of his one-game suspension, critical injuries & selfish presidents and the AFL's attempt to keep the competition going in these COVID-addled times. There's full previews of all nine games & two of the best "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" we've ever had! Seriously! Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi BigFooty,

The Round 20 Review is up online now. So much to talk about on a dramatic weekend, games switched at the last minute, upsets, thrillers, diabolical and super-accurate kicking, and a couple of vintage Rants to top it off. Get stuck in!

Cheers,
Rohan

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I got to say, West Coast have a lot of problems but given NicNat is the number 1 rated player in the league player ratings its a bit harsh calling him lazy. West Coast have a lot of issues but he isn't one of them.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

A day later than usual this week, but the Round 21 Preview episode is up. We're talking Jack Viney's elbow, retirements and the ugly spectre of racism. Full previews of all games and a couple of "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" for Hawk fans in particular! Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Finey really had the Saints blinkers on regarding the AFLW coaching issue.

Its blatantly unacceptable that there are no female coaches. Finey ranting and raving wont change that.

He sounded like Qld LNP.

"Best candidate"...

Really?

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

Our Sunday review show goes ahead (even though there's still a game Monday night). Eight games fully scrutinised, and a couple of classic "old fart" rants which will guarantee the use of the Grandpa Simpson yelling at cloud on social media at least several times! 😂 Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

joey_jo_jo

All Australian
Jun 25, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
RoCo mate just give up on the tigers already. Feel like you say the same thing every time they get a win only for them to bottle it again the following week. They were playing the wooden spooners!
Just be happy with the swans prediction :p

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

Round 22 Preview show is up now (has been for a while actually, so sorry for lateness of this post). This week, we're talking about the fall-out from the Taylor Walker racism saga, more fixture dramas, big re-signings retirements and the weekly carry-on with the MRO and the Tribunal. Plus a couple of memorable "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks".

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

The Round 22 Review episode is up now after a cracking weekend of footy, close shaves, upsets and significant results in the context of the final eight. Full reviews of all nine games, and a couple of thought-provoking, fiery rants to top it off. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

The Round 23 Preview episode is up now, we're talking finals scheduling, retirements and former Hawk James Morrissey's slap down of Jeff Kennett. There's full previews of all nine games in this final round, and a couple of ripping "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" with historical parallels to games this week. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys,

The finals week 1 preview edition is online now! We're talking Hall of Fame inductions, the naming of the All-Australian squad, Leigh Matthews' whack on Carlton, there's extensive previews of all four finals, and "Fantastic Footy Flashbacks" recalls a great qualifying and elimination final of years gone by. Hope you like it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry Roco your Nicnat takes are ridiculous. These stats are from footy wire for 2021 and i have removed the fantasy stats so it doesnt trigger you
Note the clearance, contested stats and clearances are FOR ALL THE PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE
● Ranked 2nd in Total Hitouts
● Ranked 12th in Total Contested Possessions ● Ranked 4th in Total Clearances
● Ranked 14th in Total Centre Clearances ● Ranked 2nd in Total Stoppage Clearances
● Ranked 3rd in Hitouts Per Game
● Ranked 18th in Contested Possessions Per Game ● Ranked 5th in Clearances Per Game
● Ranked 2nd in Stoppage Clearances Per Game

Max Gawn Stats

● Ranked 1st in Total Hitouts
● Ranked 2nd in Total Contested Marks
● Ranked 2nd in Hitouts Per Game
● Ranked 5th in Contested Marks Per Game

Tom Hickey Stats (lol)

● Ranked 9th in Total Hitouts ● Ranked 13th in Hitouts Per Game

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
I thought it was good. I like the bluntness. Not enough of it these days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it - very entertaining. But if I was tipping money into someone's business who said stuff like this after their team loses I would think seriously about taking it elsewhere.

Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 7.00.07 pm.png

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
By the sounds of it Rohan went on to Twitter as an Essendon fan today and fair enough, you'd rather people in the media passionate about the game and a team. He had crack at the umpires, some of our players, anything else? Sounds like what a lot of Essendon fans would have been saying today. Good on him for having a crack at people on social media, many who hide behind fake names without profile pics.

Connolly and fine Dona great job reviewing and previewing games and I try to listen to most of their podcasts during the season.

Aug 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi folks,

The First Week Finals episode is up now, full rundown of all four finals and a couple of tasty rants. Please enjoy.

PS. Oh, I did just see these other messages. So I'll just deal with what's here now. I make no apologies for what I tweet. It's my personal account and I say what I like on there, usually in response to a raft of anonymous cowards who aren't actually interested in a proper discussion. Like, for example, Borussia Teeth in this very thread. Right?

So anyway, early in the third quarter today, when scores were level, I did get pretty annoyed about the umpiring and tweeted as much. Not that smart, I guess, given the inevitable response. But what I got more annoyed about was people taking that tweet an hour later and pretending I'd blamed Essendon's loss on umpiring, which was absolute bull****.

Obviously life would be easier just ignoring it, but like I said, why should I? What's funniest is when people start objecting to me having a go back. To your points, TP86 and TheExtractorFactor, I don't need to justify anything to anyone on Twitter. If people don't like it, don't follow or block, pretty simple. And TheExtractorFactor, you think your business would be harmed by me exchanging insults with people on Twitter? OK, don't sponsor us then. Bit precious though, I reckon.

Anyway, as always, thanks for the feedback, and if your sensibilities are likely to be offended, I think one of us may have said "s&$%" at one point in this episode, so please be warned, and think of the children. ;)

Cheers,
Rohan

Anyone feeling a bit conflicted about listening to the next Footyology? Going to take North Korea levels of spin to justify what's happened on twitter tonight.

How can we expect an impartial and level headed review of the game if he goes full nuff mode over umpiring??

Back