Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,

Here's the Round 2 episode, Rocket and I discuss the latest MRO/tribunal controversies and whether the bump really is dead? We ask whether parts of the football media really are living in a parallel universe, and pay tribute to the legendary footy administrator, Ron Joseph. Hope you enjoy it!

PS. In answer to a few questions on here, we are doing just the one episode per week this year. Wasn't that we didn't want to, just have a few extra work commitments across the weekend now, eg. 3AW Sunday nights, and simply isn't enough time to do a review episode as well. Apologies, but at this rate I'm going to keel over by about Round 7 as it is! ;)

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi guys,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new version of the podcast. This week, Rocket and I discuss the Nathan Broad suspension, plus Hawthorn's list strategy. Have the Hawks cut too deep? And, of course, forensic previews of all nine games. Hope you like it....

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi folks,

Apologies for the shameless self-promotion, but have seen a few discussions about footy podcasts on here and thought I might utilise the log-in admin gave me when I did a Q&A here a couple of years back and let you know about one I'm doing with my old SEN sparring partner Mark Fine.

We have two versions of Footyology, there's a Sunday night TV show which essentially reviews the round just completed and is available on my website Footyology | We have the game covered!, our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo54HP4DC4zs0vfGHFeIOzA or my Facebook page Rohan Connolly. I tweet the link too on https://twitter.com/rohan_connolly. It's also available as an audio podcast on Whooshka. Our Thursday edition is audio only, from the Footyology website.

The TV version wraps up each game, we give our "Hot Or Not", and we both get a little bit stupid on the "Rant-Off". Thursday's podcast discusses the news of the week, "Media Watch" looks at various issues arising from the media coverage of AFL, and we preview each game of the upcoming round.

Am going to post today's episode, which has only just gone up online, in which we talk about Hawthorn's trial match with potential rule changes last weekend and back-slapping commentators. Last week's TV show, which we shot on Monday (because of Queen's Birthday game) is below it.

Keen for your feedback within reason (you can abuse me on Twitter if you must!), but anyway, love working with Finey, and hopefully this is contributing at least something to the footy media landscape. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Whooshkaa Shows

Love Ya Work RO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so Rohan spent his entire life jerking off over Essendon.

Then in 2021 he started started jerking off over Richmond.

Needs to watch games rather than emotional jerk offs.

Richmond are cooked. Stop jerking off.
Pretty simplistic view. Hes just a bit conservative when it comes to writing off champion teams. He was backing clarkson/the hawks for a long time after their last premiership too.
And roco is the first to stick the boot into the dons, i remember a famous Age article back in the late 00s or early 2010s where he said he much preferred watching the pies than us.

Ok so Rohan spent his entire life jerking off over Essendon.

Then in 2021 he started started jerking off over Richmond.

Needs to watch games rather than emotional jerk offs.

Richmond are cooked. Stop jerking off.
Four Wheel Kids GIF

Hi guys,

Back to more normal set-up this week! (Thanks for the kind messages btw, I am on the mend, gradually!) So hopefully production values are a little better. Anyway, Rocket and I discuss the Gather Round, the latest MRO/Tribunal decisions, and there's comprehensive previews of all nine games. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi folks,

Latest episode is out NOW! Join Rocket and I as we talk tribunal, the Jason Horne-Francis saga and media manipulation, coaching to close the gap between players' best & worst, plus previewing ALL nine games in FULL! Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi folks,

New episode is out now. Rocket and I talk a new team in Tassie, a new AFL boss, just how do you stop Nick Daicos, and preview in depth all the games in Round 7. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back