For all those ninkimpoops out there....

I'm a strange kind of footy supporter ... I actually support everyone on the Hawks list until they prove beyond doubt they don't deserve that support. Of course, by then, they have usually been delisted or traded. I can't see the point in knocking our own players when there is an army of tools who play for other clubs we can get stuck into :)
Well said Adelaide Hawk i for one hope we can all support our players while they wear the Brown & Gold all bloody year..........:thumbsu:

FancyNancy

All Australian
May 26, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am generally supportive of Hawthorn players and often defend them from unfair comments
But as a paid up member of HFC I reserve the right to criticise players or officials if I consider they are not up to scratch or other reasons I consider relevant and if anyone doesn't like it they can go jump.
I can cope with mediocre performance if the player is giving 100% of their ability but any thing less will find at least one unhappy member

Mar 30, 2005
in a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
box hill
oh dear theseason has not started and if i am reading right there is bagging of players ! i don't like that i believe in supporting the team 100% that means ALL who are playing in the brown and gold i will cheer on and not bag !

Mar 30, 2005
in a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
box hill
I am generally supportive of Hawthorn players and often defend them from unfair comments
But as a paid up member of HFC I reserve the right to criticise players or officials if I consider they are not up to scratch or other reasons I consider relevant and if anyone doesn't like it they can go jump.
I can cope with mediocre performance if the player is giving 100% of their ability but any thing less will find at least one unhappy member
i think criticism and bagging is two different things i am a member too and agree with what you say , saying a player needs to improve his kicking for goal is one thing but saying they are crap is another .

FancyNancy

All Australian
May 26, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Fixed it for you ;)

I've forgotten more than you will ever know sweetheart.
The problem with you is you think nobody is as good a supporter as you.
Nincompoop (whatever that is) maybe, somebody that accepts second rate - never.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
as a paid up member of HFC I reserve the right to criticise players or officials if I consider they are not up to scratch or other reasons I consider relevant and if anyone doesn't like it they can go jump.

I respect your right to do this, and there are plenty who do .... I just wonder what it achieves. All it would do for me is ensure I didn't enjoy my footy as much.

I guess my thoughts on the matter is it's the role of the coaching panel and match committee to make assessments and judgements on a player, as a supporter I see my role as one where I support the team.

There are plenty of Hawthorn knockers from other clubs, it's always disappointing when I see it from a Hawks supporter as well.

I think Cynic is taking the piss (just a little....)

I must admit, I am surprised to see the usual suspects not name Lewis or Goo yet....I'm sure they are in line for their customary serve of criticism.

Both magnificent in the lead up games and the final series, by the way.

Similar to AH, I'd rather default and find the positives about the Hawks as opposed to bagging them....there are plenty of opposition to cross swords with rather than Hawkers.:eek:

Gary Shadforth

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran Hawthorn Hawks - Muston and Savage Player Sponsor 2010 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2009 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2008 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2007 Player Sponsor
Oct 15, 2003
Coolangatta Queensland
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Interesting OP, N24.

My Man Clint with so may whiplashes on him, mostly cut by some posters in this place who assume that they know more about the game than Clarko and his assistants.

Scribes and commentators, the likes of Sheehan, Walls, the latter who can be so appalling in his comments on even the best players in the AFL, have never knocked our Youngy, in fact named him on the wing in one of their 2008 Fantasy Teams on the TV program 'On The Couch' .

When Clinton was being taken off with his foot injury in the GF Ch7s Bruce said" 'Shame! He would be in the running for the Norm Smith'. Bruce kept referring to 'The dangerous Young .....'

Take a peek and listen to the DVD. His trade mark lefty-launched goal just before half-time put us in the lead and was so inspirational that in my humble opinion was the point in the game when I said to myself: 'We are going to win this!'.

But the scars will heal and fade on our young Clinton in 2009. A member of a Hawthorn Premiership Team, a mark of legendary status for which any AFL player would have envy to the point of being very green in the face.

Interesting OP, N24.

My Man Clint with so may whiplashes on him, mostly cut by some posters in this place who assume that they know more about the game than Clarko and his assistants.

Scribes and commentators, the likes of Sheehan, Walls, the latter who can be so appalling in his comments on even the best players in the AFL, have never knocked our Youngy, in fact named him on the wing in one of their 2008 Fantasy Teams on the TV program 'On The Couch' .

When Clinton was being taken off with his foot injury in the GF Ch7s Bruce said" 'Shame! He would be in the running for the Norm Smith'. Bruce kept referring to 'The dangerous Young .....'

Take a peek and listen to the DVD. His trade mark lefty-launched goal just before half-time put us in the lead and was so inspirational that in my humble opinion was the point in the game when I said to myself: 'We are going to win this!'.

But the scars will heal and fade on our young Clinton in 2009. A member of a Hawthorn Premiership Team, a mark of legendary status for which any AFL player would have envy to the point of being very green in the face.

Great faith Gary...

Always believed in Youngy and the history will show why.

Well done.:thumbsu:

Mar 30, 2005
in a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
box hill

Interesting OP, N24.

i like youngy he is such a nice guy and a hard worker ,
well written Gary :thumbsu:

FancyNancy

All Australian
May 26, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I respect your right to do this, and there are plenty who do .... I just wonder what it achieves. All it would do for me is ensure I didn't enjoy my footy as much.

I guess my thoughts on the matter is it's the role of the coaching panel and match committee to make assessments and judgements on a player, as a supporter I see my role as one where I support the team.

There are plenty of Hawthorn knockers from other clubs, it's always disappointing when I see it from a Hawks supporter as well.
Whats the point of posting on these boards or going to the AGM and voting on issues if you don't have an independent opinion.
The only way something can be better is if there is change, and change for the better can only occur if there is critical analysis of what there is.

I'm a strange kind of footy supporter ... I actually support everyone on the Hawks list until they prove beyond doubt they don't deserve that support.

I'm the same.

Though, regarding the bolded bit bit, Barry Young got about 30 minutes.

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Whats the point of posting on these boards or going to the AGM and voting on issues if you don't have an independent opinion.
The only way something can be better is if there is change, and change for the better can only occur if there is critical analysis of what there is.

You study commerce don't you?

Back