For the believers, 2016 season still alive

Remove this Banner Ad

Always thought that a semi or prelim bow out at a stretch would be our distance this year.

Still think the same but having a home elimination final is a big advantage especially against the Bulldogs struggling with injury and would be there second trip west in three weeks.
It must be so hard to travel that much hey, imagine if there were teams that had to fly interstate every second week!

It must be so hard to travel that much hey, imagine if there were teams that had to fly interstate every second week!

So true squash. Not using it as an excuse for the Dogs if/ when we maul them but it is an arduous road trip to the West. Vic teams just don't like it, unless its against the Dockers :D

If it weren't for our horrid schedule this season I reckon we top the ladder with a game or 2 to spare.

Of the top 8 teams:
Vs GWS, Swans, Cats, Bulldogs (when they had players) ONLY AWAY.

Vs Hawks and Crows twice home and away - easy to say they have been the best 2 teams
this year.

Vs Kangaroos home. The one thing we've had in our favor.

Hopefully the tough away games + the win in Sydney 2 weeks ago have prepared us enough for some wins interstate come September.
Yes made that comment earlier on in the year when we weren't travelling so flash. Had some tough games earlier in the season.

Assuming no more upsets, finals will be
1v4 - Sydney v GWS
2v3 - Geelong v hawthorn
5v8 - Adelaide v north
6v7 - Eagles v Bulldogs

Beat the Bulldogs and we play the loser of Hawks/Geelong at the MCG

Win that and we play the winner of the Sydney derby in a prelim

If we make it past that we have another GF against most likely either Geelong or hawthorn

The road to the GF is going to be real difficult
Go Pies :praying:

Nah let's kill off Hawthorn in a semi

That's it, nothing more I'd love is to kick Hawks out this year and I think we have the cattle to do it if we play with the right mindset like we did this week and all year we've been pretty inconsistent so that's been a big ??

But that's my final wish for 2016 is to top off Hawks and kick them out of finals playing away and I'll be happy, anything after that is a bonus.

Would be epic.

If Collingwood beat Hawthorn then there is 3 non vic teams in the 4 . if a non vic team makes the GF and we do as well , playing 2 away games to get there then its not like an away game for us in the GF . We only have to repeat our last 3 weeks and we are in the GF . The 2 away games would be after a bye and a home game . Not a big deal now . Hawks played 2 away games in last years run to the finals . More Focus and more bonding when the teams are on the road

Last edited:
If Collingwood beat Hawthorn then there is 3 non vic teams in the 4 . if a non vic team makes the GF and we do as well , playing 2 away games to get there then its not like an away game for us in the GF . We only have to repeat our last 3 weeks and we are in the GF . The 2 away games would be after a bye and a home game . Not a big deal now . Hawks played 2 away games in last years run to the finals . More Focus and more bonding when the teams are on the road

Unfortunately, the pies lost it by a point. A freak 65 Meter goal sank them.
We play the bulldogs at Domain. Thursday night, I believe.

Will be fine. WB, straight sets to hawf to playing Sydney in our GF. Then the real GF against geelong which I would be happy with. Hard road but we've beaten quality opposition on the road in a prelim before and I like playing against geelong in GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be fine. WB, straight sets to hawf to playing Sydney in our GF. Then the real GF against geelong which I would be happy with. Hard road but we've beaten quality opposition on the road in a prelim before and I like playing against geelong in GF.

Best possible run for us would have to be:

upload_2016-8-28_2-40-15.png

Basically if those results happen it more or less comes down to beating the Hawks (or Geelong) at the MCG. Not sure who I'd rather face.

GWS kids are cocky as *, not expecting any nerves from them. Swans on the other hand just look like a Juggernaut though.

Thursday night game is a great bonus for us, extra day off before heading over for the semi. Shits me that Hawks finish 4th and still get a home final making Geelong travel to the G. The AFL should stick with that bogus rule they created to let them play finals down in Geelong or was that one just made up on the fly to punish interstate teams?

I thought that because of the construction at what ever geelong ground is called these days no finals will be played there .
Massive plus for us if we have to play them

I thought that because of the construction at what ever geelong ground is called these days no finals will be played there .
Massive plus for us if we have to play them

I think if they had of drawn GWS it was still possible but was never really on the cards if against the Hawks due to capacity. I get it, just shits me Hawks get given everything handed to them on a silver spoon.
They were 1 point off finishing 7th today, maybe even a handful of bad umpiring decisions away from missing finals this year, and yet if luck [or umpires] goes their way there's still a path to a 4peat without having to leave their home ground.
Fortunately on paper every team they could meet in the finals is a better side but you never know what can happen in September. Hopefully they have an epic game against Geelong and we get them on the back of the 8 day break. If we can't beat them on the G after the last 2 performances we've put in we don't deserve to win at all. But oh the satisfaction of being the team that sends them out in straight sets. Fitting that it should be up to us to get it done- it'd almost be a hollow victory if it was left up to anyone else to knock them out on the way.

I think if they had of drawn GWS it was still possible but was never really on the cards if against the Hawks due to capacity. I get it, just shits me Hawks get given everything handed to them on a silver spoon.
They were 1 point off finishing 7th today, maybe even a handful of bad umpiring decisions away from missing finals this year, and yet if luck [or umpires] goes their way there's still a path to a 4peat without having to leave their home ground.
Fortunately on paper every team they could meet in the finals is a better side but you never know what can happen in September. Hopefully they have an epic game against Geelong and we get them on the back of the 8 day break. If we can't beat them on the G after the last 2 performances we've put in we don't deserve to win at all. But oh the satisfaction of being the team that sends them out in straight sets. Fitting that it should be up to us to get it done- it'd almost be a hollow victory if it was left up to anyone else to knock them out on the way.
If all this happened, everyone here would end up looking like your AV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back