Ford extend sponsorship to 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Has always looked good on our guernsey, more so than any other team sponsor. I would have liked a change though, something different. In saying that though we could have ended up with a shocker

Do ford even still exist in geelong?

Was it prior to the last sponsorship deal that they had talks with the head of Ford in Detroit? I remember reading some stuff about that and how we also sent over guernseys & stuff to them - so while we may no longer have Ford in Geelong, it looks like they have been smart with their contacts in recent years.

Has always looked good on our guernsey, more so than any other team sponsor. I would have liked a change though, something different. In saying that though we could have ended up with a shocker

Isn't the Ford sponsorship of Geelong the longest continual sponsorship of any team in the world? We have other sponsors who come on board and play their role, but I'm proud of the Ford sponsorship, and for me it would be sad to see it end because of the significance of the long-term partnership between the 2 parties.

Minor parties can step up and play their own sponsorship role, but to have a secure, stable #1 sponsor is something that many other teams are asking for and something I wouldn't give up.

Last edited:
Isn't the Ford sponsorship of Geelong the longest continual sponsorship of any team in the world? We have other sponsors who come on board and play their role, but I'm proud of the Ford sponsorship, and for me it would be sad to see it end because of the significance of the long-term partnership between the 2 parties.

Minor parties can step up and play their own sponsorship role, but I to have a secure, stable #1 sponsor is something that many other teams are asking for and something I wouldn't give up.

It is yes…

And I agree for all the above…

Go Catters

That's great news!

For anyone thinking Ford Australia is packing up and leaving once production ends, think again! Production at Geelong and Broadmeadows is ceasing, we all know that, but product development is still very much on the agenda. Ford Australia is the design, development and engineering hub for the Asia Pacific region, and will continue to employ in excess of 1000 employees after manufacturing has ceased. Ford will remain a significant employer for the Geelong region, and the Geelong Football Club will remain an important advertising medium for Ford Australia.

May the tradition live on forever!

It is indeed the longest running sports sponsorship in the world.

Will hit 95 years at the end of this contract in 2020 - would be awesome to it hit 100 years after that.

And it looks great on the jumper. Would have them for another 100 years if it was up to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you know it pisses the AFL off too…

The 2016 Toyota Premiership Season Cup handed to Geelong…

One Toyota Logo with 22 Ford Logos

yup… AFL luves that!

Go Catters

Would have thought the sponsorship was on its last legs. Can't complain, they look nice on the jumpers, and it's good to have some sort of brand loyalty.
Ford will still be selling cars in Australia,just imported ones,so they still need to advertise with things like sponsorship

Interesting move to hold this launch in Melbourne.
Can understand why they didn't do it at Simonds Stadium due to the works but surely it could've either been done outside Ford in Geelong or Broadmeadows or even down on the waterfront at Geelong or even a Ford dealership.Looks a bit odd with the way they have the utes parked on the steps,which BTW if we parked there on game days our cars would be towed :p

Do ford even still exist in geelong?

One might also ask do Audi exist in Hawthorn... but the Geelong relationship is a bit different historically. Yes is the answer... manufacturing is going but P&D , engineering and design will ensure there is still a healthy sized Ford representation in Geelong for some time to come. Whether that has any relevance to on going sponsorship is another question.. My guess , just like Audi and Kia and Mazda who do not manufacture...Ford and Holden will still need to keep there name in the publics eyes..perhaps even more than they ever have.

Last edited:
Can understand why they didn't do it at Simonds Stadium due to the works but surely it could've either been done outside Ford in Geelong or Broadmeadows or even down on the waterfront at Geelong or even a Ford dealership.Looks a bit odd with the way they have the utes parked on the steps,which BTW if we parked there on game days our cars would be towed :p

Obviously looking for a certain look...something a little more premium...but all those idea have merit. A bit surprised they didn't have the Mustang front and centre.. but I guess going with their current strength in the Ranger.

Obviously looking for a certain look...something a little more premium...but all those idea have merit. A bit surprised they didn't have the Mustang front and centre.. but I guess going with their current strength in the Ranger.
Ranger (and Everest) designed in Australia, just down the road from Kardinia Park. I hope that that fact becomes more and more emphasised over time.

Great news for the club.

I think this is the longest running sponsorship deal not only in Australia but the world ???? I am sure I heard that somewhere. Please correct if wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back