Toast Forever E.C.I. Deaths thread of positivity.

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
It’s a curse.

Been a tough month.
Still Confident in our future.
As lined out in previous thread, our core list is still very young.

Skunk, Sincs, Zak, 26.
Billings, Marshall, Steele, Wilkie, Doog, 25.
Dmac, Butler, Lonie 24.
Long, Gresh 23.
Battle, Paton, Snags, Clark, 22.
Coff, Bytel 21.
King, Byrnes 20.

That’s a good list of players and you would be hoping those under 25 would still have room to improve.

We harped on about good depth at the start of the year, but you don’t want 9 best 22 players out.
Especially as we have found it’s great having 2 high caliber ruck but we are slightly ****ed when they are both out.

We are a good team RIGHT NOW as witnessed last year.
However we are relying on a 32yo as our first ruck/2nd KPF.
A half crippled CHB.
Steele is a star, but our 3 most dynamic mids (gresh, Jones, hanners) are injury prone and all out right now.
We had decent depth at back pocket but being sorely tested right now.

shits rough right now with 9 starting players out but I believe we can come good when we get a few back (as we seen last week)
Still a long year and better to be struggling now than later.

Think this offseason we need to be looking at a new KF/Ruck to be replacing Ryder.
We need a CHB at least capable to be called on when Carlisle is out.
We need another Dynamic mid with X factor. Shai Bolton should be top of the list.
pretty set for inside mids, wingers, small fwds as well as having King, Roma and Doogs in the spine but could use depth there.
Decent depth not mckernan, wood and hunter.

It’s a curse.

Been a tough month.
Still Confident in our future.
As lined out in previous thread, our core list is still very young.

Skunk, Sincs, Zak, 26.
Billings, Marshall, Steele, Wilkie, Doog, 25.
Dmac, Butler, Lonie 24.
Long, Gresh 23.
Battle, Paton, Snags, Clark, 22.
Coff, Bytel 21.
King, Byrnes 20.

That’s a good list of players and you would be hoping those under 25 would still have room to improve.

We harped on about good depth at the start of the year, but you don’t want 9 best 22 players out.
Especially as we have found it’s great having 2 high caliber ruck but we are slightly f’ed when they are both out.

We are a good team RIGHT NOW as witnessed last year.
However we are relying on a 32yo as our first ruck/2nd KPF.
A half crippled CHB.
Steele is a star, but our 3 most dynamic mids (gresh, Jones, hanners) are injury prone and all out right now.
We had decent depth at back pocket but being sorely tested right now.

shits rough right now with 9 starting players out but I believe we can come good when we get a few back (as we seen last week)
Still a long year and better to be struggling now than later.

Think this offseason we need to be looking at a new KF/Ruck to be replacing Ryder.
We need a CHB at least capable to be called on when Carlisle is out.
We need another Dynamic mid with X factor. Shai Bolton should be top of the list.
pretty set for inside mids, wingers, small fwds as well as having King, Roma and Doogs in the spine but could use depth there.
Decent depth not mckernan, wood and hunter.

Add a little about some serious between the ears counselling and a good kick up the backside for effort (which should be a non negotiable) and it’s a good post.

Cheered me up a little anyhow. 😂

Paton Howard Wilkie
Coffield ---- Jones
---- Crouch ----
Higgins Membrey Battle
Butler King Brynes

Marshall Steele Clark

Gresh Bytel Connely Highmore

This is what i see as the future/hope

Need some more High end talent

Naturally this won't get many replies but I think it's a great thread. Well done again mate.

You’ll be surprised - the closer we get to next week the more the optimism grows.

I was frustrated, angry and depressed as the next person on here, but living pessimistically is just too exhausting for me.

Honestly, I think we Saints supporters would be the perfect case studies for some aspiring shrink’s pHD thesis 😊

Paton Howard Wilkie
Coffield ---- Jones
---- Crouch ----
Higgins Membrey Battle
Butler King Brynes

Marshall Steele Clark

Can we add Byrnes and Allison to that future hope list do you think, or a little premature?

Paton Howard Wilkie
Coffield ---- Jones
---- Crouch ----
Higgins Membrey Battle
Butler King Brynes

Marshall Steele Clark

Put Billings and Hill on the wing, there’s some high end talent for ya.
I know your mad at them about yesterday but they are wings and you can’t expect them to have good games when we get not one single clean clearance.

They are the cream that get us over the top in a close one.
Exhibit A: last week.

I know your mad at them about yesterday but they are wings and you can’t expect them to have good games when we get not one single clean clearance.

Exactly right. Hill and Billings don’t look good when the team is playing like s**t.

I think people are just afraid that Hill won’t ghe able to regain his form but if we keep him in B a wing like Melbourne does with Ed Langdon he’ll be a lot better

I keep thinking they is the death threat of positivity and finding it nowhere near as interesting or salacious as I'd hoped.
Please excuse me, I'll ******* kill you nicely if you make another comment like that.

With how the match ended, this incredible highlight has been forgotten but it a great reminder of the special talent Max King is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With how the match ended, this incredible highlight has been forgotten but it a great reminder of the special talent Max King is.

My biggest complaint with him is how often he drops marks. They were sticking unbelievably last night, he looked like a weapon.

Problem is he didn’t slot it 🤣

But because we’re in the positivity thread, if he could just tighten up on a few aspects of his kicking routine he’s going to be a monster for us,

Billing’s has been good this year but horrible Thursday I don’t class him high end more a solid b grader and believe he will move at years end

My biggest complaint with him is how often he drops marks. They were sticking unbelievably last night, he looked like a weapon.
When he starts holding them he will win us many games He seems to hold them no worries when he is high up on the wing

Injuries have been compounded by the fact they are in the same spots on the depth chart.

Ruck:
Ryder
Marshall

Hunter

Linebreaking mids:
gresh
Jones
Hannebery

“why are we getting smashed in clearances?”
Because as good as Steele and Crouch are we are lacking speed inside the circles, and getting dominated in ruck.

“Why are teams intercepting our i50s at will?”

2nd KPF
Marshall
Ryder

tried smack and wood, not up to it.
Oppo can isolate King who has played 20 games and forces skunk to play outside his natural position

“why are we leaking so many goals?”

small/medium lock down defender
geary
Paton
Webster

Long

kpd
Doogs
Carlisle being used all over
Frawley

* didn’t we look better just having Jones and the Prospect back last week.
I was actually confident going into last week and predicted a win, however as soon as those 2 went back out I said “we will lose by 8 goals” (it was worse than I thought.
Judging by all the games I’ve seen this year it really seems that once a team starts dominating, the new rules make it really hard to stem the bleeding.

I won’t argue they showed disgustingly poor effort against ess and gave up against the tigers early in the 2nd half.

but as nice as it appeared to be having a bit of depth, it’s not great to be playing 9 sandy players at once especially in key positions all over the ground.

Injuries have been compounded by the fact they are in the same spots on the depth chart.

Ruck:
Ryder
Marshall

Hunter

Linebreaking mids:
gresh
Jones
Hannebery

Because as good as Steele and Crouch are we are lacking speed inside the circles, and getting dominated in ruck.

2nd KPF
Marshall
Ryder

Oppo can isolate King who has played 20 games and forces skunk to play outside his natural position

geary
Paton
Webster

Long

kpd
Doogs
Frawley

fu** didn’t we look better just having Jones and the Prospect back last week.
I was actually confident going into last week and predicted a win, however as soon as those 2 went back out I said “we will lose by 8 goals” (it was worse than I thought.
Judging by all the games I’ve seen this year it really seems that once a team starts dominating, the new rules make it really hard to stem the bleeding.

I won’t argue they showed disgustingly poor effort against ess and gave up against the tigers early in the 2nd half.

but as nice as it appeared to be having a bit of depth, it’s not great to be playing 9 sandy players at once especially in key positions all over the ground.

It really is a disastrous injury list.

Ruck:
Ryder
Marshall

Hunter

Linebreaking mids:
gresh
Jones
Hannebery

2nd KPF
Marshall
Ryder

geary
Paton
Webster

Long

kpd
Doogs
Frawley

fu** didn’t we look better just having Jones and the Prospect back last week.

I mentioned this in another post. It’s not just the injuries, it’s multiple injuries in the same position thats making it worse.

Jack Billings.
Been a whipping boy especially on this forum, ever since Gilbert retired.
They always talk about how soft he is.
They came with the pitchforks last week after a quiet outing

Any apologies for the boy now we find out he played injured?

feel free to leave them here in the positivity thread....

Jack Billings.
Been a whipping boy especially on this forum, ever since Gilbert retired.
They always talk about how soft he is.
They came with the pitchforks last week after a quiet outing

Any apologies for the boy now we find out he played injured?

feel free to leave them here in the positivity thread....
Having a great year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back