Forfeit next weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

If we had any balls this is what we'd do and embarrass this corrupt amateur bush league.

You think that will teach the AFL. FMD!

We would end up losing our first round pick this year and possibly next year for bringing the game into disrepute.

No the best way is to ensure Tex kicks 19 (would then be the most goals in a AFL/VFL match) against West Coast so Curnow can’t catch him. The AFL wouldn’t like their golden boy missing out on a Coleman or a VFL record broken.

Last edited:

We would end up losing our first round pick this year and possibly next year for bringing the game into disrepute.

No the best way is to ensure Tex kicks 19 (would then be the most goals in a AFL/VFL match) against West Coast so Curnow can’t catch him. The AFL wouldn’t like their golden boy missing out on a Coleman or a VFL record broken.
You do know that the AFL owns both the Crows and Port

West Coast have already lost the #1 pick with their accidental win over the Bulldogs so that's now out of the equation.
And they can't catch Hawthorn so win/lose/draw means nothing to them other than the farewell to the fans.

So we agree to play our SANFL side and therefore West Coast get a home farewell win for the crowd and Natanui / Hurn / Shuey.
And they agree to play their WAFL defence (and Hurn plays Full Forward, McGovern Forward Pocket) and Tex kicks 12+ goals in a losing side.
Everyone wins!

Our 2023 Draft picks based on live-ladder are 6, 19, 23, 44
If we're silly enough to beat West Coast, our draft picks could slide to 10, 19, 23, 44
(Pick 19 is inherited from North Melbourne, and Pick 23 is inherited from Gold Coast Suns)
Don't sleep on Pick 44 - the last time we picked at #44 we got Rory Sloane

West Coast have already lost the #1 pick with their accidental win over the Bulldogs so that's now out of the equation.
And they can't catch Hawthorn so win/lose/draw means nothing to them other than the farewell to the fans.

So we agree to play our SANFL side and therefore West Coast get a home farewell win for the crowd and Natanui / Hurn / Shuey.
And they agree to play their WAFL defence (and Hurn plays Full Forward, McGovern Forward Pocket) and Tex kicks 12+ goals in a losing side.
Everyone wins!

If we're silly enough to beat West Coast, our draft picks could slide to 10, 19, 23, 44
(Pick 19 is inherited from North Melbourne, and Pick 23 is inherited from Gold Coast Suns)
How do we have pick 44?

I thought we traded out our 3rd pick

The AFL would still somehow find a way to penalise us for not fielding our best 22 while West Coast are doing their utmost best to throw the match.
pick 1 for WCE is gone. They will put in to see off a bunch of retiring players, and AFL will want crows to lose to stop claims that the goal decision cost us finals.

My brother and my nephew were in the Tiser today, God bless 'em

126fdd02d016028abf7d12b7402a28ae

The only thing we actually have to play for is a Coleman. If we devised a gameplan entirely around getting Tex goals and manufactured a 15 goal haul it'd be a bit of an F U to the AFL.

I mean players in scoring positions passing off to Tex whenever possible instead of going for goal.
Play for a Coleman?..

yes please…

IMG_0199.jpeg

can we play for a good 1st round draft pick and give it to Brisbane for their Coleman?..

lads a fxxkn gun..

offer him $900k a year and chuck him in the midfield next to Dawson and Rankine..

W

Everyone wins!

We cant get pick 10.. even if we win.. pick 9 is the limit.

pick 1 for WCE is gone. They will put in to see off a bunch of retiring players, and AFL will want crows to lose to stop claims that the goal decision cost us finals.
I’m picking west coast in my tips this week..

this game has a west coast win written all over it..

1) a win does nothing to WC‘s current draft position. So they will go all out to try and finish the season on a high for both themselves and their home crowd who have suffered through this year
2) our guys will be beyond deflated after that shitshow on Saturday night.
3) West Coast will have some champion players retiring that they’ll want to see off on a high
4) it will be Simpson‘s last game as coach even though it probably wont be officially announced till after the game.. the players know he’s toast though.. they lift for him too.
5) crows have nothing to gain from a win.
6) if west coast can beat the bulldogs away from home then they can beat us at optus.
7) they have some very good players back from injury and some players like kelly have hit some decent form..

I can easily see them winning this.

and if they do.. the very first thing Nicksy should say in the presser after the game is;

”I struggled all week trying to get the lads up and motivated for this game.. it was a very difficult week for the squad and the club as a whole and I just couldn’t turn the boys around.. they were totally flat all week on the track.. the full reality of it all really didnt set it until around Wednesday.. Poor Keaysy was distraught.. In all my years of footy as first a player and now as a coach, I’ve never seen a squad so mentally drained”

I should write Nicksy‘s speeches for him..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) a win does nothing to WC‘s current draft position. So they will go all out to try and finish the season on a high for both themselves and their home crowd who have suffered through this year
3) West Coast will have some champion players retiring that they’ll want to see off on a high
4) it will be Simpson‘s last game as coach even though it probably wont be officially announced till after the game.. the players know he’s toast though.. they lift for him too.
6) if west coast can beat the bulldogs away from home then they can beat us at optus.
7) they have some very good players back from injury and some players like kelly have hit some decent form..

and if they do.. the very first thing Nicksy should say in the presser after the game is;

”I struggled all week trying to get the lads up and motivated for this game.. it was a very difficult week for the squad and the club as a whole and I just couldn’t turn the boys around.. they were totally flat all week on the track.. the full reality of it all really didnt set it until around Wednesday.. Poor Keaysy was distraught.. In all my years of footy as first a player and now as a coach, I’ve never seen a squad so mentally drained”

I actually hope West Coast win. Finish off a disappointing season on a high, pick 1 or pick 2 = no guarantees and maybe pick 2 will be better.

But I still hope Walker will finish with 70 goals for the season.

They’d probably take draft picks off us for this too.

If North beat Gold Coast on Sat afternoon in Tassie, WC are back on the bottom again. In that case, both WC and AD stand to benefit significantly at the draft with a loss:

Adelaide can't fall lower on the ladder with a loss, but can avoid climbing one to three spots higher (i.e. difference between Pick 6 or Pick 7/8/9). A win would see us jump Richmond if they lose to Port; jump Ess if they lose to CWD, and finish above the loser of Geel vs WB. But a loss would also give us the first pick of R2 in the draft - i.e. the coveted first pick of draft day 2.

West Coast losing gives them pick 1 instead of pick 2.

Could we see a soccer score? Nil all draw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back