Autopsy Forgettable Freo blitzed by Brissy

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
well that was just about as bad as it gets. Expectations of a good win to set up a strong finish to the season and we end up losing Fyfe and Sandi and cop a belting at the hands of one of the poorer traveling teams in the comp. Full credit to Brisbane though, they wanted it a lot more today plain and simple.

To put into perspective just how badly we started (and it didn't really get better), Brissie, who are statistically the worst first-quarter team in the comp, put up their highest opening quarter score all year en route to their first opening quarter win. Aren't we just charitable?

Hopefully this spurs the boys onto a quality response against the Dees in Darwin next week and not send us into a spiral of misery ala 2016 and 2017. That game will show us the real mettle of this club.

................................................................................................

Keep it civil, use the report function for trolls and keep the really angsty stuff in the melt thread.

Votes v Brisbane

Changes v Melbourne

Melts

Peels

Positives

Garbage luck and underwhelming effort = impending smashing.

Brutal review and then we'll forget this game until we meet them next time.

I predict The Melt Thread to gain 50 pages in the next week.

Wasn’t just one thing. Post bye blues. Losing Sandi with no backup. Losing our captain before half time. Players just expected it to happen. Lack of urgency from most of our players

No way should we have lost the way we did. Brisbane were immense and full credit to them for the effort they put in today. I hope our players learn from today and what those Brisbane players showed today about hunger and desire

Well we bridge the gap by 2 pts on last year's performance against brisbane.

In Ross's words they went out for a sunday stroll and got what they deserved. And all but ends the slim hopes of having a tilt at the finals.

I wonder if they spoke too much about not starting slow after the bye. Ross spoke about a lot and it obvious they spent too much time talking about it.

The football gods weren't kind though. Just as everyone is back fit and available. Injury list getting thinner. We then cop a triple blow sledgehammer in the space of 4 days blakely sandi and fyfe all getting injured.

Still doesn't excuse the pathetic performance.

Smashed everywhere; coaches box, midfield, effort, structure, we were stuck on our bye. Deserved a 10 goal spanking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mundy was good as was Neale. I thought Apeness tried hard. Apart from that really disappointing. Hill Tucker Matera Sheridan really disappointed me today. S Hill shows glimpses but does too little. I would gladly trade him for a high pick.
Apeness did well considering he was thrust into the main ruck role 2 minutes before the bounce

Mundy was good as was Neale. I thought Apeness tried hard. Apart from that really disappointing. Hill Tucker Matera Sheridan really disappointed me today. S Hill shows glimpses but does too little. I would gladly trade him for a high pick.

We wouldn't get a high pick for Hill anymore. He should be thrown into the guts (should've been there today) and sink or swim. He's played some of his best footy out of the midfield in the past, he can be very good inside too if given the challenge. If he's not fit enough for it, he shouldn't be playing anyway. But he is definitely at a crossroads.

Post bye rustiness. Sandilands then Fyfe going down. But that was 4 quarters of the crap the Eagles dished up against the Crows in the last quarter. Bruisefree is an understatement. The skill level was first JLT game standard.

All four mentioned have been below par all year.
Besides being one of the yoof Tucker is tracking like Sheridan and Crozier... bog average.

I have never left a game early..... until today. The effort was really sad. I swear to god, we are the quietest supporter base in the Comp. GWS and GOld Coast make more noise than us with their 20 supporters. Even the lone Brisbane supporter which was yelling ‘cmon the mighty bears’ Since bounce down drowned us out. We need to lift as a supporter group

If we don’t pick a KPF in this draft, I’ll be ropable.

Lack of KPF is not close to our biggest issue imo. It doesn’t matter how good your key position players are if the midfield is only running one way. Distinct lack of midfield intensity again today and too much left to too few.

Righteo : to carry on from the game thread re motivation.

Fair enough, about the younger members of the team. They would definitely need more direction with focus after the bye.

But I cannot accept that the insipid performances from older players -- like Hill, Matera, Ballentyne, etc -- can be put down to the coaches not motivating them properly. In a team with a fair number of younger players the older guys take on more importance. And some of those guys were horrible with their efforts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back