Forgotten Fog Files - permanent forward, midfielder or both?

Where do you want to see Fog play in 2024?

• Permanent forward, or forward of center.

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • Forward, with more midfield minutes than 2023.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Forward 75%, midfield 25%

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Forward 50%, midfield 50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forward 25%, midfield 75%

• Mostly midfield, with some rest up forward

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, ok, ok I've got a few ideas John: "Is Izak Rankine a key defender?"

"Riley O'Brien, small forward?"

"Mathew Nicks, luxurious mane?"

I think he is 95% forward and he's been working hard at it and doing well, I wouldn't want to mess that up. However, when s**t hits the fan at various points throughout the year, either because we're getting beaten or Fogarty isn't getting near it in a particular game, I wouldn't mind him being thrown in to a centre clearance or two.

I'd like to see him combine playing forward with umpiring the forward third of the ground. Imagine his dominance at every contest, if he doesn't mark it, whistle blown "Free kick Adelaide, Darcy Fogarty" whistle blown "fifty metres Adelaide, umpire abuse".

We'd be deadly then.

We’ve mucked him around enough already.
To do it again after we’ve settled him down in one spot would be insane.
Also we don’t need 28 part time mids.
If you can’t play full time mid, GTFO.

Absolutely. A player who only attends one or two centre bounces and spends 5-10% of the game in the midfield is just wasting everyone time.

I think he is 95% forward and he's been working hard at it and doing well, I wouldn't want to mess that up. However, when s**t hits the fan at various points throughout the year, either because we're getting beaten or Fogarty isn't getting near it in a particular game, I wouldn't mind him being thrown in to a centre clearance or two.
Doesn’t even need to CBA for mine, but I thought his strongest games last year were when he was pushing higher up the ground and then working back into F50. Whereas the games where he seemed to be stationed deeper In the F50 he struggled to impact consistently. He doesn’t need to play as a midfielder in a traditional sense, but I think his impact will be more consistent if he’s able to push up the ground more often to get involved in the game.

Doesn’t even need to CBA for mine, but I thought his strongest games last year were when he was pushing higher up the ground and then working back into F50. Whereas the games where he seemed to be stationed deeper In the F50 he struggled to impact consistently. He doesn’t need to play as a midfielder in a traditional sense, but I think his impact will be more consistent if he’s able to push up the ground more often to get involved in the game.
Some good blocks for Rankine to perform his magic at ball ups in the F50 would be handy too...

A recent of this YouTube clip, has got me thinking..

@3:20, might be a good use for Fog if the opposition team is having a few goals run-on, we then stack up players in defense to help stem the flow, and having Fog around the midfield would be a reasonable counter-attack ploy. Having no other players up forward, Fog is probably the most deadliest from 70m from goal with his long and accurate kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fog certainly has the ability to be our Matthew Pavelich, the only caveat is can he develop the tank for it?
His size and foot skills are an absolute weapon and as an opposition coach trying to find a match up on the fog would cause many headaches. IMHO I think rolling Fog for 5-8 mins a quarter would be a positive more than a negative especially if TT can be more of a presence in the forward line, which I think he will be when fog is in the middle.
The fact that the croms haven't explored this a little more makes me think thats why we chose Mcgregor over The Pav.. maybe the staff don't know how to crosstrain big bodied forwards who can swing in the middle?
So for me Fog is a damaging forward who can be even more damaging with some small spurts in the middle, I for one would love to be on the end of his delivery

Something to lighten the mood..

Who would you rather have a fantasy/platonic date with - Fog or Henry Cavill?
BC7BA9F2-2F05-4B37-BE64-4DF370D9114F.jpeg 119083EF-AFFD-4C90-8EDC-238B4637F9CD.jpeg 97BC3136-6CF8-4A60-8522-44A0C14EE0AD.jpeg 0980F67A-AE17-4888-A731-5203CA6102F1.jpeg 52B8DAB6-A921-47B8-B374-ACE83F2B7014.jpeg 4474CC1F-1A2D-4145-914C-23F1D2A49C51.jpeg

My answer:
Early 2024 - Henry because he’s richer.

End of 2024 if Fog can kick 50 goals and win some CBAs - Fog.

Back