Forgotten footy shows

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
The Footy Record page in the 90s and early 2000s on collectibles was usually the first page I turned to while waiting for the game to start.
When they were cheap.

1665392080325.png

Remember that ch7 show and they had a whole bunch of people sitting at a desk watching their own tv's and would update all the scores as they happened.
Pretty sure the Chief Jason Dunstall did the AFL scores.

Apologies for the late reply....

Show was called Sportswatch, based off what Sky Sports in the UK did/does with Soccer Saturday. Lasted half a season prior to the Commonwealth Games in Manchester. Integrated a couple of times with NSL finals matches where cutting for an ad break was common and rightly critiqued in the negative. Chief did an early game, Sandy did another and Dale Lewis from memory did the late game usually not covered by FTA on Sunday.

Apologies for the late reply....

Show was called Sportswatch, based off what Sky Sports in the UK did/does with Soccer Saturday. Lasted half a season prior to the Commonwealth Games in Manchester. Integrated a couple of times with NSL finals matches where cutting for an ad break was common and rightly critiqued in the negative. Chief did an early game, Sandy did another and Dale Lewis from memory did the late game usually not covered by FTA on Sunday.
That's right !!

Who could forget the " THE CROWS SHOW " ( Only watched for a perv on NIKKI VISSER :thumbsu: )

Remember that ch7 show and they had a whole bunch of people sitting at a desk watching their own tv's and would update all the scores as they happened.
Pretty sure the Chief Jason Dunstall did the AFL scores.
1190-0a41-5946-932c-e60707cb6ffd.jpg

Of course Modra is there between two blondes.:$

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
1190-0a41-5946-932c-e60707cb6ffd.jpg

Of course Modra is there between two blondes.:$

3 useless facts thought of after seeing Storm in this photo.

Uselsss fact 1: This week is 26 years since the original Gladiators series finished in Australia.

Useless fact 2: This week is 30 years since the UK version of Gladiators first aired

Useless fact 3: The BBC are reviving the UK version next year.

3 useless facts thought of after seeing Storm in this photo.

Uselsss fact 1: This week is 26 years since the original Gladiators series finished in Australia.

Useless fact 2: This week is 30 years since the UK version of Gladiators first aired

Useless fact 3: The BBC are reviving the UK version next year.
Thanks.

Gosh I remembered Storm, I just couldnt picture her from where exactly. lol. :D

Klem

Team Captain
Dec 4, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Footy Classified while CW is involved. And offsides while it and Ali are involved.
unwatchable crap when they are on.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I'm from south Australia. I remember Corey Wingard hosting a footy show early on Saturday morning called simply footy I think. It was on channel 10

Apparently it was the third longest running show (besides the news) shot from the ADS 7/10 studios in their history (behind Mulligrubs and the first few years of Wheel of Fortune before the call sign switch).

Given ADS 10 has been run on a shoestring budget for the past 20 or so years (even the news is recorded in Sydney now), it was very much a low budget, and even lower quality, show.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
A couple of my mates back in the early 90's had a show on C31 called Balls n' All.
I think 3 episodes maybe 4, nowhere to be found these days (the show that is)

Back