Forgotten players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Moderator #456
He was playing in Spain last season. Has had a lot of injury problems since Swansea.
Well there you go. Shame, he did really burst onto the scene.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Yaya Sanogo.

Started against Bayern Munich in the champions league R16 at the Emirates (which still makes me chuckle a bit).

Now is supposedly back playing in Ligue 1 I believe after being released by Arsenal a few seasons ago.

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Yaya Sanogo.

Started against Bayern Munich in the champions league R16 at the Emirates (which still makes me chuckle a bit).

Now is supposedly back playing in Ligue 1 I believe after being released by Arsenal a few seasons ago.
Capable of looking like like a balloon d'Or winner and a Sunday leaguer in the same passage of play.

ossie_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton
Jack Rodwell was discarded by Sunderland wasn't he?

No idea where he is these days.
Had a trial at Watford but wasn’t offered a deal, is now training with Everton to keep his fitness up but is aware he won’t be offered a contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roo2macca

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
Come to think of it, any player that moves to China belongs in this thread. I've just remembered Oscar, Ramires and Martinez all of a sudden.

Magma

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
leandro damiao's career really went to shit when none of the interest materialised. had a nasty court battle with santos over his contract and was in limbo really. was released, then wasnt released, massive fee placed on him, released again but it messed him up quite a bit from memory. infamously rafa wanted him at napoli instead of higuain,

Thistle

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Odegaard had gone completely off my radar until I heard he came on as a sub in one of Real Madrid's pre-season games, only to be taken off 30 minutes later. Only 19 years old yet it felt like 5 years ago he signed.

jod23

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Odegaard had gone completely off my radar until I heard he came on as a sub in one of Real Madrid's pre-season games, only to be taken off 30 minutes later. Only 19 years old yet it felt like 5 years ago he signed.
He's kind of being forgotten at Real. Maybe hes just not that good.

RPCB

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Remember when he was all the rage over a decade ago? That skill was going to see him wanted by all the big clubs in the world. Well.........

The videos description sums it up in truth.

Spoken about as maybe a better teenage prospect than Messi. Wanted by the some of the most successful clubs at producing footballers in the world, goes to Real Madrid instead. Not to be heard of again.

Sounds about right.

Sozabarus

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Vladimir Weiss. Anyone remember him? I always thought he was class since I first saw him playing for Bolton as a kid. Played well at the 2010 world cup also.

He's out in the middle east at the moment and still only 28. Had the talent to play at the top level in my opinion.

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Moderator #472
Was just playing my Blackburn FIFA career save and heard Jermaine Beckford’s name playing against Bury.

Even though he’s ex Leicester, I’d apparently successfully wiped him from my memory.

Magma

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Vladimir Weiss. Anyone remember him? I always thought he was class since I first saw him playing for Bolton as a kid. Played well at the 2010 world cup also.

He's out in the middle east at the moment and still only 28. Had the talent to play at the top level in my opinion.
city youth product. apparently been on utterly absurd wages since he moved to qatar. he was only like 23 or 24 when that happened, and it was set you up for life stuff at a young age. hard to turn down.

fun fact. his father and grandfather are also named vladimir weiss

Top Bottom