Forgotten players

Punt Road Feral

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2007
Punt Road's Manure Pit
AFL Club
Richmond
The names in this thread are so dumb. Borderline Premier League top scorers and guys who played 150 games between the biggest teams in the Premier League? Yeah right.

Paulo Wanchope.

Without going on his wikipedia, I'm pretty sure he was a Charlton Athletic player. Might have been one of those initial Pompey signings too.
I'm sure he was at Man City.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheGreatBambino

List Clogger
Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Trinidad
The names in this thread are so dumb. Borderline Premier League top scorers and guys who played 150 games between the biggest teams in the Premier League? Yeah right.

Paulo Wanchope.

Without going on his wikipedia, I'm pretty sure he was a Charlton Athletic player. Might have been one of those initial Pompey signings too.
A video surfaced a couple years ago of him brawling with a security guard after a match he was coaching costs rica in.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Jon Flanagan. The next Stevie Nicol, or even the English Cafu! Now destined for the graveyard that is the SPL.

northmelbournefc

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Djemba x2 and Kleberson, along with David Bellion, the next great hope of United

Like Diao Cheyrou and Biscan for us
I remember kleberson.being linked with us 10 years ago.if I recall.correctly and I'm not confusing players. We didn't buy him obviously our owners were ******* tight. Where is he now.

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
FIFA is always a good reference for obscure players.

Alberto Masi was ranked as high as 89/100 for Juve on fifa 13

Now?

He’s plying his trade in serie d for pro vercelli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Yeah I saw that. Did he do well there last time before getting his move to Serie C?
Didn't do much. Played lower leagues England first before Serie C where he did well but returned to Australia (probsbly because money is terrible in Italy 3rd div). Only signed as cover atm, there were big wraps on him at Spurs but didn't develop in senior football.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Didn't do much. Played lower leagues England first before Serie C where he did well but returned to Australia (probsbly because money is terrible in Italy 3rd div). Only signed as cover atm, there were big wraps on him at Spurs but didn't develop in senior football.
He was never really spoken of as someone who was a chance to make the grade with us. Luongo had big wraps but even he is a few rungs below. Glover never really got that high in the pecking order at all. Would love to see a young aussie come through the ranks all the way to the senior side we do tend to have a few head out there each intake

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Kyabramovich
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Gael Kakuta. He scored against PSG this morning.

Was meant to be the next big thing and got us a transfer ban(overturned) in the chase for his signature.

joop

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Name escapes me but who was the striker for Swansea maybe 4/5 years ago in the PL who had a ripping season?

Top Bottom