Forgotten players

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
You know, those players who just seem to disappear off the face of the Earth. Could be past or present. Could be solved by a Google search, but where's the fun in that?

Jimmy Bullard is one that springs to mind. Francis Jeffers. That Brazilian forward Middelsbrough had, he came from Twente I think, Alves?

Anyway, carry on chaps.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Craig Gordon.

Record price for a goalkeeper by an EPL club at the time. Although he is having a bit of a career revival at Celtic.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Pato is still in Brazil

Adriano retired an alcoholic aged 30 didn't he?
Was supposed to be destined for greatness.

Neil Mellor deserves a shout out for his winner against Le Arse 10 years ago :)
Adriano was brilliant for a few years, absolutely destroyed it at Parma and then Inter for a bit. When his father died though is when his career went on a downward spiral.

Craig Gordon.

Record price for a goalkeeper by an EPL club at the time. Although he is having a bit of a career revival at Celtic.
Good shout, playing somewhere in Scotland now isn't he?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Malcolm Christie springs to mind. Enjoyed watching him play at Boro. Then vanished. Finished football whilst still quite young.

Christian Karembeau (spelling?). Loved his death stares at the camera during the national anthems in France 98.

Yury Zhirkov springs to mind. Spent a few years at Chelsea, won the PL and the FA Cup with us and will always remember him for that brilliant goal against Spartak in the CL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asamoah Gyan I remember playing a big part in Ghana's run to the 2010 WC quarter finals. I think he had a stint at Sunderland previously hasn't he? Don't know where he's playing now.

Good call on Gyan. He was good for a season I think. Playing in the Saudi League now.
Shame. He could have still done a serviceable job in the top European leagues if he's recent WC performance was anything to go by.

Back