Forgotten players

Jack Rodwell was discarded by Sunderland wasn't he?

No idea where he is these days.
Got a feeling he was training with Wigan or Bolton or somewhere in the NW. Not sure if he's got a deal or not.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Yaya Sanogo.

Started against Bayern Munich in the champions league R16 at the Emirates (which still makes me chuckle a bit).

Now is supposedly back playing in Ligue 1 I believe after being released by Arsenal a few seasons ago.

Yaya Sanogo.

Started against Bayern Munich in the champions league R16 at the Emirates (which still makes me chuckle a bit).

Now is supposedly back playing in Ligue 1 I believe after being released by Arsenal a few seasons ago.
Capable of looking like like a balloon d'Or winner and a Sunday leaguer in the same passage of play.

Jack Rodwell was discarded by Sunderland wasn't he?

No idea where he is these days.

Had a trial at Watford but wasn’t offered a deal, is now training with Everton to keep his fitness up but is aware he won’t be offered a contract

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
leandro damiao's career really went to s**t when none of the interest materialised. had a nasty court battle with santos over his contract and was in limbo really. was released, then wasnt released, massive fee placed on him, released again but it messed him up quite a bit from memory. infamously rafa wanted him at napoli instead of higuain,

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Odegaard had gone completely off my radar until I heard he came on as a sub in one of Real Madrid's pre-season games, only to be taken off 30 minutes later. Only 19 years old yet it felt like 5 years ago he signed.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Remember when he was all the rage over a decade ago? That skill was going to see him wanted by all the big clubs in the world. Well.........

The videos description sums it up in truth.

Odegaard had gone completely off my radar until I heard he came on as a sub in one of Real Madrid's pre-season games, only to be taken off 30 minutes later. Only 19 years old yet it felt like 5 years ago he signed.

Spoken about as maybe a better teenage prospect than Messi. Wanted by the some of the most successful clubs at producing footballers in the world, goes to Real Madrid instead. Not to be heard of again.

Sounds about right.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Vladimir Weiss. Anyone remember him? I always thought he was class since I first saw him playing for Bolton as a kid. Played well at the 2010 world cup also.

He's out in the middle east at the moment and still only 28. Had the talent to play at the top level in my opinion.
city youth product. apparently been on utterly absurd wages since he moved to qatar. he was only like 23 or 24 when that happened, and it was set you up for life stuff at a young age. hard to turn down.

fun fact. his father and grandfather are also named vladimir weiss

Back