forgotten retail stores that no longer exist

Remove this Banner Ad

just a follow up on Timezone, they're expanding. I guess Bartronica is proof there's still a market for video game arcades.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...a/news-story/c4d6c3f3bf8a25c8e8a34309f3e10e16

In Adelaide we have GameRoom Essentials, which is predominantly a collection of original retro arcade games, and some of the retro consoles (also has some Xbox 360 consoles too). Originally was in a disused factory office, but the local council shut him down (a few stories circling around about the council's motive for closing it down). Moved to a former Blockbuster (albeit much smaller) for a few months, then spent a few months in a disused bowling alley before Aldi snapped up the space and is back at the ex-Blockbuster.

https://www.facebook.com/GameRoomEssentials/?fref=ts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Rooster..
latest

The Borders in Adelaide was a real mixed bag, some sections were superb, and really well curated. The sports section was so bad that if I was in there I'd clean it up.
The only (Aussie) Borders I went to was the Perth one - and I loved it
The chairs were so comfy to curl up into (with a book)
I was always more into Fiction (Young Adult, Classics , Fantasy) , but I still read my fair share of non-fiction (mostly autobiographies )
Boffins has helped fill the void (has books that are hard to find at Dymocks etc ) , but it's not the same :(

There was one at Southlands in Willetton last time I checked.. which admittedly was probably almost 10 years ago now. Used to be at Carousel too before Donut King took over but that was a long time ago in a Carousel far, far away now.
Its my local, and there hasnt been one there for over a decade. Those talking about Action a little while back, the Woolies in Southlands was a big Action before all the little supermarkets got eaten up into IGA, with some of the biggest sites (like this) going to the big 2.

Edit: Caught up to this page, I went away for a few weeks in 2013 and came back to the horror that the Southlands CT had closed down. :eek::'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back