footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Whilst checking something today, I happened across the Wikipedia page listing our club captains:

As someone steeped so much in our history I can confidently name every coach and captain we've had since joining the (then) VFL, I was astounded to see that Scott Wynd had actually served as a co-captain with Alan Moore:

1652074376237.png

Now I know I'm getting on in years, but I'm struggling to place Alan Moore. Obviously good enough to co-captain for 7 seasons,
so must have been some player.

Anyone have any memories of Alan Moore they'd like to share? Obviously keeps a low profile these days, as he's not on social media,
but online images indicate he's certainly rocking a decent beard post-AFL career:

images

Club could do worse than get him back for a pre-match rev-up, looks like he'd be someone Bevo would relate to.

As far as I'm aware, Moore never played in a losing team, never gave away a free kick in his career and had no clangers.
Never missed a shot on goal either. And on those stats alone, we need past legends of Moore's ilk back at the club.

(I'm curious whether adding him to that page is a p1ss-take, a genuine accident, or just a troll.)

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
View attachment 1396310

Fixed....have posted plenty of joke edits in wikipedia, therefore know how to remove
I think you're ruined someone's joke - but you've broken the Griffen link! :laughing:

Edit: you've also destroyed the whole premise of my thread! No Christmas card for you this year!

Last edited:
Whilst checking something today, I happened across the Wikipedia page listing our club captains:

As someone steeped so much in our history I can confidently name every coach and captain we've had since joining the (then) VFL, I was astounded to see that Scott Wynd had actually served as a co-captain with Alan Moore:

View attachment 1396261

Now I know I'm getting on in years, but I'm struggling to place Alan Moore. Obviously good enough to co-captain for 7 seasons,
so must have been some player.

Anyone have any memories of Alan Moore they'd like to share? Obviously keeps a low profile these days, as he's not on social media,
but online images indicate he's certainly rocking a decent beard post-AFL career:

images

Club could do worse than get him back for a pre-match rev-up, looks like he'd be someone Bevo would relate to.

As far as I'm aware, Moore never played in a losing team, never gave away a free kick in his career and had no clangers.
Never missed a shot on goal either. And on those stats alone, we need past legends of Moore's ilk back at the club.

(I'm curious whether adding him to that page is a p1ss-take, a genuine accident, or just a troll.)
Great player, word is before the players started singing this freed from desire crap they used to gather in a circle around Alan after each win and belt out "That's A.Moore eh"

On Nokia 5.4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Great player, word is before the players started singing this freed from desire crap they used to gather in a circle around Alan after each win and belt out "That's A.Moore eh"

On Nokia 5.4 using BigFooty.com mobile app
That is a great piece of work, well done.

Yeah I know, thread is sarcastic - I know/didn't seriously consider he actually played for us. ;)
Fantastic,
We need some humour to brighten up our spirits.Season so far has been very disappointing.
Cheers
S.

He's not Darcy Moore's 100-game Dad by any chance?

Back