News Former Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland joins Cats board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt he’s our next CEO or President. Catching up on my back log of magazine subscriptions to some golf mags he seemingly has become CEO of Golf Australia, and his role with us as a director essentially is merely a once a month board meeting.

Not sure, I think if people within the organization conspired to keep it from you it would be easy enough to be fooled - for a short time, anyway. Has there ever been a comprehensive account of what happened?

A lot of it was documented very well on a web domain titled ‘Carlton in crisis’ but I think that domain has now expired.

In any case:

Appears he knew about dodgy payments to Diesel at least, and as a former Ernst and Young Chartered Accountant he should have been able to piece together a lot of the other parts, but it seems he was certainly complicit.

A lot of it was documented very well on a web domain titled ‘Carlton in crisis’ but I think that domain has now expired.
Do you have a URL? It's probably been archived on the Wayback machine.

Doubt he’s our next CEO or President. Catching up on my back log of magazine subscriptions to some golf mags he seemingly has become CEO of Golf Australia, and his role with us as a director essentially is merely a once a month board meeting.

Lucky Golf Australia. I suppose they don't really have much that he can damage. Board meeting aren't much but it reflects poorly on our club that we have this clown on our board. Better off putting Billy Brownless on there.

Wow, our luck may be on the way up - talk about dodging a bullet. Still cant buy the crap the club dished up when he and his son were given the 'golden tickets' of the AFL flight to QLD hub and staying in the hub for the duration because 'he has experience in elite sports travel and MAY be able to provide helpful advice'. His arrival on the Board has coincided with the Board and CEO (who used to be great at this) reverting to highly worked press releases that say nothing in a cynical manner, and commit to no actions. Please be vigilant here - he still is lurking on the board and I dont trust this set-up at all.

As far as I know this guys achievements are:

Presiding over a culture that led to the greatest damage to our cricket team reputation in it's entire history
Signing a broadcast deal which kills cricket as a televised sport and is now in the process of being unwound by Channel 7
And apparently something to do with Carton too?

This is textbook failing upwards. How dumb are Golf Australia to hire him?

Very disappointing that we put him on our board.

As far as I know this guys achievements are:

Presiding over a culture that led to the greatest damage to our cricket team reputation in it's entire history
Signing a broadcast deal which kills cricket as a televised sport and is now in the process of being unwound by Channel 7
And apparently something to do with Carton too?

This is textbook failing upwards. How dumb are Golf Australia to hire him?

Very disappointing that we put him on our board.
I know I have already gone on about this ad nauseam but people need to know.
He was the head money guy when Carlton cheated us out of a flag.
He is on our board.

No, it's far worse than that. The club has been actively taking its eye off the ball and spending all its time finding the next sycophants to the club's doomed cause rather than aggressively pursuing success on the field. Moves like this only confirm the cynic's worst suspicions of how monumentally out of touch the club really is.

You know it makes sense...
Sounds a lot like Richmond 2016. Now we just need a bunch of randos with signs saying "focus on football" coming in to try take over the board and we're set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back