News Former Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland joins Cats board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People make mistakes he does bring a strong background to the club, so unless your have been in those shoes better to keep sound judgement...

People make mistakes he does bring a strong background to the club, so unless your have been in those shoes better to keep sound judgement...
Yeah I dunno, last time he built a grandstand it didn't go that well. Not actually too sure what he's really bringing the club TBH.

Yeah I dunno, last time he built a grandstand it didn't go that well. Not actually too sure what he's really bringing the club TBH.
Their is only a handful of people that can actually achieve the roles that sutherland has completed, CA for 17 years and brings a Financial background which is inline with other directors cats have...

Very good appointment.

Their is only a handful of people that can actually achieve the roles that sutherland has completed, CA for 17 years and brings a Financial background which is inline with other directors cats have...
Everything he has been involved in with football clubs has been a disaster.
Who cares if a only a handful of people have been as terrible as he has.
Would of thought that was a negative.

He’s there to succeed Carter who finishes end 2020.
Yep that was my first thought as well, this is clearly happening to set up him to step into the presidents role end of next year.

Don't really like it, thought he was a massive flog at CA, can't see that changing anytime soon

Everything he has been involved in with football clubs has been a disaster.
Who cares if a only a handful of people have been as terrible as he has.
Would of thought that was a negative.
As far as Im aware he has only been a finance manager at Carlton

Yep that was my first thought as well, this is clearly happening to set up him to step into the presidents role end of next year.

Don't really like it, thought he was a massive flog at CA, can't see that changing anytime soon
Would of thought of being part of cheating us out of a flag in 95, and then now actually on our board is more of a concern than his cricket shenanigans.

“Carlton secretly paid star player Greg Williams $200,000 by funnelling money through a construction company to beat the AFL salary cap, according to a report yesterday.

The payments, made between 1993 and 1995, were authorised by Carlton chiefs Ian Collins and James Sutherland as ground maintenance, although no work was done, Melbourne's Herald Sun reported yesterday.

The company used to conceal the payments was Amigo Constructions Pty Ltd, which had Victoria's Sports Minister, Justin Madden, on board as a director until July 1994.

Documents relating to the scheme outline the arrangement was the brainchild of Collins and Williams's manager, Peter Jess, who was also a director of Amigo Constructions.”

Not happy with this appointment. Complicit in carlton’s cheating. Oversaw Australia cheating in South Africa... This toxic flog will probably succeed Brian Cook too no doubt
Holy sh**. Have we just hired the guy that cheated us out of the 1995 flag?

The optics of this is mindboggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They went from being possibly the most financially well off club to having to be saved from going broke by a cardboard king and pokies.
Yeah I dunno about this bloke.
grandstand what broke Carlton and that was after he left and yeah he was part of a cap rort but he wouldn't have had the final say just carrying out orders but would have gained a lot from CA and only lost plot in 2017 not 100% why and what pressure he was under...

Who gives a sh** about the grand stand or australian cricket culture. This guy helped rort the cap and cost us a flag. He shouldnt even be allowed into the town of geelong let alone the football club.

We need to protest people. Everyone needs to send an email to the board immediately. This is the end of our club if we accept this. He must be fired immediately.

grandstand what broke Carlton and that was after he left and yeah he was part of a cap rort but he wouldn't have had the final say just carrying out orders but would have gained a lot from CA and only lost plot in 2017 not 100% why and what pressure he was under...
They started building that stand in 95.

Who gives a sh** about the grand stand or australian cricket culture. This guy helped rort the cap and cost us a flag. He shouldnt even be allowed into the town of geelong let alone the football club.

We need to protest people. Everyone needs to send an email to the board immediately. This is the end of our club if we accept this. He must be fired immediately.

Or go to the AGM, see what they have to say about the appointment, then protest the decision and see what happens

I know man! How can people not have a problem with this?????
A guy who was part of literally cheating us out of a flag is now a director of our club.
I can't believe it.

I know man! How can people not have a problem with this?????
A guy who was part of literally cheating us out of a flag is now a director of our club.
I can't believe it.
If we accept this we are no longer geelong supporters. This is disgraceful. Our players in 95 deserved a flag. We can not disrepect them by hiring this guy.

Or go to the AGM, see what they have to say about the appointment, then protest the decision and see what happens
If you are not mad then you are showing disregard for everything our club tried to achieve in the mid 90s.

This would be like hiring the coach of a drug cheat who cheated us out of a gold medal to be our new coach.

If we accept this we are no longer geelong supporters. This is disgraceful. Our players in 95 deserved a flag. We can not disrepect them by hiring this guy.
Yep, your preaching to the choir. The only thing more stunning than this appointment is some fans actually endorsing it.
We've become a strange lot.

Yea cos the australian cricket teams culture is exactly what we want to bring to geelong :'(
I know you can say the buck stops with the boss but you cannot deny Sutherland presided over Australian cricket during one if not the greatest era ever.

Inspired appointment by the Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back