News Former Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland joins Cats board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been suggested for a few years now. At least 5.
Not sure about that article. Can't see myself how cricket attendances are up 137% since he took over or participation is up f**king 250% but Oh well.
The "participation rate increases" they come out with every now and again involve some seriously dishonest double counting and other creative accounting.
As anyone involved at any level of suburban club or association cricket will tell you, the figures are utter bs.

Yep, your preaching to the choir. The only thing more stunning than this appointment is some fans actually endorsing it.
We've become a strange lot.
Again you need to be full versed in each failure and in the loop to understand majority of us are not, he has been appointed director with others so its merely an advisory role, this appointment doesnt hurt the Cats at all and should be an asset with the other board members

Again you need to be full versed in each failure and in the loop to understand majority of us are not, he has been appointed director with others so its merely an advisory role, this appointment doesnt hurt the Cats at all and should be an asset with the other board members
I'll say it again, A person who was directly involved in cheating us out of a premiership is now a director on our board.
Do you remember that day? Obviously not.
He should not be allowed inside the stadium.
It's unbelievable.

The "participation rate increases" they come out with every now and again involve some seriously dishonest double counting and other creative accounting.
As anyone involved at any level of suburban club or association cricket will tell you, the figures are utter bs.
I know 250%!!!!. I'm surprised there's not a spare space of grass in Australia without a cricket game being played on it.

I'll say it again, A person who was directly involved in cheating us out of a premiership is now a director on our board.
Do you remember that day? Obviously not.
He should not be allowed inside the stadium.
It's unbelievable.
How many teams have been done of cap breaches, was he directly responsible, even if williams missed the GF we still would have been smashed, best way is to learn to let go and be at peace with the world...

How many teams have been done of cap breaches, was he directly responsible, even if williams missed the GF we still would have been smashed, best way is to learn to let go and be at peace with the world...
F**k that. It is not ok.
It was way more than just Williams anyway. They were heavily rorting the cap. + they dont make the GF without him.
He was very responsible. He was the accountant. They can't do it without him.
& he wasn't even a good enough accountant to not get caught.
That's the whole point of CA's. To not get caught.
& he's now on our board. Our club! Words can't say

F**k that. It is not ok.
It was way more than just Williams anyway. They were heavily rorting the cap. + they dont make the GF without him.
He was very responsible. He was the accountant. They can't do it without him.
& he wasn't even a good enough accountant to not get caught.
That's the whole point of CA's. To not get caught.
& he's now on our board. Our club! Words can't say
Your beliefs and yours so leave it at that, Carlton was clearly the best side that year and had a backline that was near unbeatable, just dont go bananas if we only get 14 & 22 for Kelly as well...

Your beliefs and yours so leave it at that, Carlton was clearly the best side that year and had a backline that was near unbeatable, just dont go bananas if we only get 14 & 22 for Kelly as well...
I'd nearly take that.
It's not a belief. It's a fact. He was part of cheating us out of a flag. It's not subjective.

I'd nearly take that.
It's not a belief. It's a fact. He was part of cheating us out of a flag. It's not subjective.
Well it is subjective as they finished 4 games in front and belted us by 10 goals in the GF, hardly costing us a flag....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it is subjective as they finished 4 games in front and belted us by 10 goals in the GF, hardly costing us a flag....
Melbourne Storm were stripped of their flags for salary cap cheating.
Afl as usual have no balls to to the right thing.
Corrupt as anyone going around.

Dude you clearly dont get it. If we knew about it in 1995 then carlton should not of been able to play finals. Melbourne storm were stripped of flags because of this. From a results perspective this is as bad as steroid cheating.

Hate this appointment. Cheated us out of a flag
So far we have:
Cons:
Cheated us out of a flag (That's a bad one)
The richest club went broke while he was the head accountant.
Managed the cash of a Grand Stand design and build that devastated a club. (We are building GrandStands)
The whole cricket thing.
Pros:
Inspired appointment
Grandpa was principal at Grammar
Unless you were right there you don't know how s**t he was.

So far we have:
Cons:
Cheated us out of a flag (That's a bad one)
The richest club went broke while he was the head accountant.
Managed the cash of a Grand Stand design and build that devastated a club. (We are building GrandStands)
The whole cricket thing.
Pros:
Inspired appointment
Grandpa was principal at Grammar
Unless you were right there you don't know how s**t he was.
To be fair, there is another Pro; he played a big part in destroying Carlton for a quarter of a century.

Good time to try and sneak this atrocious appointment past the members, while their attention is focussed on the Carji and Kelly
I'll be sending and email to the CEO and President. Think all of us who are disenchanted should follow suit. Of course, no need for abuse.

Just so disappointed in the Board. They have lost touch. This is a totally inward focussed appointment with no regard for the track record of outcomes of this guys management. There is good depth of knowledge on the Board and plenty of options for gaining input on areas he may have experience in, but the overall package clearly comes with flaws in his judgement and values - for a Board to take that risk appears poor. You question how Cooke is feeling about this, because if you’ve heard him talk about alignment and values, it is VERY hard to reconcile what he says versus what the Board have done with this appointment. Accountability is key to a Boards functioning, yet it appears that they don’t find this guy accountable for very questionable outcomes under his leadership. I would love to see Cookes face when interviewed about this appointment. Whatever the plan for elevating this guy, it’s clear Cooke is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back