News Former Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland joins Cats board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I know man. It's unbelievably f**ked. But I'm sorry no-one gives a s**t. I've learned lately the club started in 2007.
There is no club that you love. It's just the current admin.
If you don't suck hard down on there big sausage your a Richmond troll.
You don't go for Geelong anymore. This is a new club, I mean sorry, buisness.
If you don't like it you will not be missed. Trust me.
Yes our club has been taken over by an admininistration that knows nothing about (or simply doesnt care about) our history and what this club stood for.

We need to fight this administration. Why wont other fans rise up.

Yes our club has been taken over by an admininistration that knows nothing about (or simply doesnt care about) our history and what this club stood for.

We need to fight this administration. Why wont other fans rise up.

Not sure the GFC board read BF and hence not sure what the point of an uprising on this forum is meant to achieve

If you want to fight the administration go to the AGM, put in a proposal for changes to the board & vote on the board members

There's ways of doing things but not sure bitching on a forum and expecting change is one of them

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Bloody hell, what a mental thread.
All will be well if the Mods just get out their marching boots and their protest flags.

Pretty sure I can help out, I think I've probably still got one of these Flags lying around somewhere

1570363868123.png

CaptainJayho

Senior List
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bristol Rovers FC
I'm in the bewildered camp on this one. Sure, he may have some mad sports administration skills. But surely there is someone out there that also has those same mad skills but doesn't have a horrible track record of being involved in teams that blatantly try and cheat their way to the top. The appointment is just an awful look for the club that smacks of jobs for the boys. Just my view of course.

Thats says a lot about you as a geelong supporter.

What about Geelong supporters who were too young to remember the 1995 gf, the situation around it or were born after said grand final - so those who don't have a recollection of that era?

Or doesn't that matter and everyone needs to oppose this appointment for something they may or may not be aware of?

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you like this appointment?
All I know about him is he was in charge of Australian cricket and fell on his sword.
That doesn't fill me with confidence.
As to the other stuff, it has the feel of conspiracy about it.
Should I rise up and storm the parapets?
Hmmm. Let me think on that.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
All I know about him is he was in charge of Australian cricket and fell on his sword.
That doesn't fill me with confidence.
As to the other stuff, it has the feel of conspiracy about it.
Should I rise up and storm the parapets?
Hmmm. Let me think on that.
What do perceive as a conspiracy? May I ask

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
What do perceive as a conspiracy? May I ask
Haven't seen much proof that he actively cheated to topple the club he supports.
Circumstantial? 1 + 1 = 4? A wild guess?
Don't you think Carter etc would have an inkling about something that drastic?
I'll reserve my judgement before microwaving my membership card and delivering manure to KP.
I need my microwave for noodles, and the cost of shipping a truckload of s*** across Bass Strait is beyond my budget.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Haven't seen much proof that he actively cheated to topple the club he supports.
I'll reserve my judgement before microwaving my membership card and delivering manure to KP.
I need my microwave for noodles, and the cost of shipping a truckload of s*** across Bass Strait is beyond my budget.
Carter does know. Everyone knows. It's in black and white. He was the head accountant.
No conspiracy whatsoever.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
See #19 on page 1 of this thread.

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
This appointment was a long time coming and has been talked about for a while. I wasn’t a big fan at cricket Australia. But the outrage in here is pretty ott. It’s good to see the passion wanting the beat for the club. And really that’s why I come here to find other passionate cats fans.

TBH I haven’t been a big fan of Carter but I think he’s does a lot of good work for the club behind the scenes. Time will tell but I don’t think Sutherland’s going to be the downfall of the club that many are predicting.

Did Sutherland actually know he was signing off on brown paper bags in 95?

As maxy87 said, the portrait of him in Crossing the Line is balanced but ultimately less than complimentary. Between the pay dispute, the failure of the revamped player development model, sandpapergate and the culture in the CA headquarters it's not a great resume. I guess the feeling is he was able to extract a fair bit of money from TV rights and get the BBL stood up, which is (I suppose) a pretty impressive achievement for those in boardrooms. But it does feel a worrying development.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong

As maxy87 said, the portrait of him in Crossing the Line is balanced but ultimately less than complimentary. Between the pay dispute, the failure of the revamped player development model, sandpapergate and the culture in the CA headquarters it's not a great resume. I guess the feeling is he was able to extract a fair bit of money from TV rights and get the BBL stood up, which is (I suppose) a pretty impressive achievement for those in boardrooms. But it does feel a worrying development.
Either answer to that question - yes or no - is damning, isn't it?
Yes means dishonesty, no means incompetence.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
What about Geelong supporters who were too young to remember the 1995 gf, the situation around it or were born after said grand final - so those who don't have a recollection of that era?

Or doesn't that matter and everyone needs to oppose this appointment for something they may or may not be aware of?
You dont need to have a recollection to know it was wrong and to picture how you would feel if it was done to the current side. Humans have mirror neurons that make it very easy for us to do that. We dont even have to try it just happens automatically. How would we feel if we found out richmond was cheating the salary cap by paying dusting martin more.

Either answer to that question - yes or no - is damning, isn't it?
Yes means dishonesty, no means incompetence.
Not sure, I think if people within the organization conspired to keep it from you it would be easy enough to be fooled - for a short time, anyway. Has there ever been a comprehensive account of what happened?

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong

I keep writing these big checks to Amigo Constructions and they just don't show up!
Maybe I should see when they're gonna turn up and do some work? Nah, I'll just write them another check.

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Just got back from storming the ramparts of Kardinia Park.
Carter looked surprised when I burst into his office with my pitchfork.
When he composed himself, he confessed that Sutherland's appointment was based purely on deflecting heat from the coach.
I couldn't argue with that logic.

He would have been relieved it wasn’t mitch duncan busting in to throw a chair at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back