Opinion Former federal treasurer Josh Frydenberg tipped to become next AFL CEO. (Edit: He was never approached)

Remove this Banner Ad

No. The banking industry nearly collapsed when the govt were going to give partial guarantees to some banks which would have seen a massive run on all other financial institutions.

Its showed they simply had zero clue how finance works.
ok.

OK, almost all of your points are his political views and have absolutely nothing to do regarding his ability to run a corporation of this leagues size.

I would have thought he's close to the most qualified person in the leagues history to be in the running for the top job.
Is this a joke?

Have you seen the state of the Australian economy and the enormous hand outs to fat cats through Covid.

Old mate Gerry will be licking his chops at the prospect of becoming the AFL's main sponsor for a nominal fee.

Going off his track record as Treasurer his approach to the AFL will be:

• load the competition up with debt to be paid off by someone else at a future date
  • turn a blind eye to misogyny and rape at HQ
  • shower his Carlton mates with cash when times get slightly tough and don’t ask them to pay it back
  • insult China so Port don’t get to host a game there again

Couldn’t think of anyone else worse to run the AFL

I like the showering Carlton part, other parts less so.

Thanks mate You are typical of right wing nuts who vote based on hatred of climate scientists and minority groups.
Why not vote for policies you like instead?
Frydenburg opposed a corruption commission. Why would that be?

Yep, people who just want to own “da left” but aren’t actually for anything.

Is this a joke?
Right wing transphobe and climate skeptic Josh Frydenberg is apparantly frontrunner to become AFL CEO.
It just goes to show the AFL are more concerned with generating profits for corporates rather than making the AFL the game of the people.
As a politician he gave millions of $ in handouts to Harvey Norman and other corporate companies.
He opposes a designated Indgenous voice to parliament and the Ularu statement.
He refused to call out transphobe Catherine Deves. He lost a seat held for 80 years. He has supported Scomo's Islamophobia in the past.
He continually misled and lied to the media.
How can this partisan trump supporter possibly be appointed as CEO of the people's game?
There is no way minority groups such as the LGBT and Indigenous communities will support this.
I for one will stop following AFL if this clown is appointed.

Triggered much.

Triggered much.
No, but constructive use of language.Just stating the facts on Frydo.
He's hated around the world for his climate bastardry and locking up refugee children up for 8 years.
He will definately have to get work with a lobby group, I can't see him being offered work anywhere else except as a sky after dark presenter.

Is this a joke?
Right wing transphobe and climate skeptic Josh Frydenberg is apparantly frontrunner to become AFL CEO.
It just goes to show the AFL are more concerned with generating profits for corporates rather than making the AFL the game of the people.
As a politician he gave millions of $ in handouts to Harvey Norman and other corporate companies.
He opposes a designated Indgenous voice to parliament and the Ularu statement.
He refused to call out transphobe Catherine Deves. He lost a seat held for 80 years. He has supported Scomo's Islamophobia in the past.
He continually misled and lied to the media.
How can this partisan trump supporter possibly be appointed as CEO of the people's game?
There is no way minority groups such as the LGBT and Indigenous communities will support this.
I for one will stop following AFL if this clown is appointed.

I took great pleasure in putting the Treasurer for NSW last on my voting slip.

Should disappear into lawyer-land and never hold a remotely public position again.

Is this a joke?

Have you seen the state of the Australian economy and the enormous hand outs to fat cats through Covid.

Old mate Gerry will be licking his chops at the prospect of becoming the AFL's main sponsor for a nominal fee.
the afl will be getting some wonderful carparks in chisholm and deakin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. The banking industry nearly collapsed when the govt were going to give partial guarantees to some banks which would have seen a massive run on all other financial institutions.

Its showed they simply had zero clue how finance works.

The global financial industry came within hours of collapse and the guarantee was introduced after other countries introduced similar measures.

A failed treasurer with poor judgement?

Yeah sure, why not.

The AFL have spent a decade trying to prove they don't have a problem with women, and you'd bring in a guy who just got ran out of town because he was a senior figure in a political party that was voted out largely because they have a problem with women.

I suppose he would bring a strong background in dodgy shenanigans and cover ups with him. That would suit the role.

Endorsed by

2647790_andrew-demetriou_1.jpeg

If the AFL have any hope of reconnecting with fans this move wouldn't aid in that endeavour.

Whether you personally like him or not, his reputation has taken a hit with the public and people simply don't separate their political opinions from their personal or even professional ones.
nor should they. politicians make the policies they do because of their personal beliefs (such as voting for/against something because of their religion), so why should the public then not consider their personal opinions? If i know a pollie is a fundamentalist christian, then im not going to vote for them because they oppose things such as trans rights. even though i nominally support their party, i didnt vote for my local state member because of their views on euthenasia.

besides, why should people look at the way he acted in politics and think he would be any different in the way he runs a company? in politics he was a corrupt slash and burn type economic manager, why would he be different running the afl? if people took more notice of how andy d ran the afl (the bummers drug saga specifically) then they may have been less likely to employ him before he ripped off indian students and enacted money laundering at crown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back