Opinion Former federal treasurer Josh Frydenberg tipped to become next AFL CEO. (Edit: He was never approached)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you're right they're both corrupt, but that's like comparing Ted Bundy with someone who committed manslaughter they've both technically done the same thing but there is a bit of a difference in malice and number of offences

Are you sure?

NSW and VIC Labor parties are as corrupt as they come. I think you might be either unaware of how corrupt they have been or being partisan.

Then there's the corruption between Unions and Labor cronies.

Both parties are as bad as each other and the only difference is who they do their dealings with.

I'm guessing every single person who accuses the LNP of corruption has never voted Labor in their lives.

I bet they have though.
Ah, deflection, the other way of saying "I have lost the argument".

Also, I have never voted Labor in my life.

Not only did you use a strawman, it doesn't even apply to me and some other Frydenberg critics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garbage thread, particularly the OP. But would be worth seeing Frydenberg get the job just to witness the usual toxic left wing nuffies on BF go absolutely berserk with impotent rage.
He is one of the decent ones….regardless of voting against one or the others …see you and raise you that he
was my future anti rage good man

Is this a joke?
Right wing transphobe and climate skeptic Josh Frydenberg is apparantly frontrunner to become AFL CEO.
It just goes to show the AFL are more concerned with generating profits for corporates rather than making the AFL the game of the people.
As a politician he gave millions of $ in handouts to Harvey Norman and other corporate companies.
He opposes a designated Indigenous voice to parliament and the Ularu statement.
He refused to call out transphobe Catherine Deves. He lost a seat held for 80 years. He has supported Scomo's Islamophobia in the past.
He continually misled and lied to the media.
How can this partisan trump supporter possibly be appointed as CEO of the people's game?
There is no way minority groups such as the LGBT and Indigenous communities will support this.
I for one will stop following AFL if this clown is appointed.

Would actually be an improvement on the current administration in regards to many of these issues, not least of which is 'old boys club' and treatment of women.... Go read 'the boys club' by Roy Masters.

But hey, love the headlines....

Ah, deflection, the other way of saying "I have lost the argument".

Also, I have never voted Labor in my life.

Not only did you use a strawman, it doesn't even apply to me and some other Frydenberg critics.

What argument?

I said they are all corrupt. That's the truth. Painting one side as better than the other is delusional garbage.

So we want a strong, non controversial, non potato, going ‘hell for the hawks’…yeah…
Rabid or not…ambassador for the up tick of interest rates for savings…he’ll for leather
no hell for controversy…

Funny there was a tweet announcing Frydenburg as the CEO by Kon Karapanagiotidis has now been deleted.

So I have to question how the CEO of the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre is in a position to know who is going to become the CEO of the AFL.

But I also find it interesting (and a little gross, personally) that so many heavy hitters in footy media have offered at least muted support of Frydenberg being the AFL CEO. Hutchison, Barrett, Browne, Cornes, Whateley. People who (based on their social media activity) lean towards the Liberal Party in their political support.

I think it shows a distinct lack of awareness of the feel from the general population. Frydenberg is an incredibly unpopular person, particularly in his home state.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So I have to question how the CEO of the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre is in a position to know who is going to become the CEO of the AFL.

But I also find it interesting (and a little gross, personally) that so many heavy hitters in footy media have offered at least muted support of Frydenberg being the AFL CEO. Hutchison, Barrett, Browne, Cornes, Whateley. People who (based on their social media activity) lean towards the Liberal Party in their political support.

I think it shows a distinct lack of awareness of the feel from the general population. Frydenberg is an incredibly unpopular person, particularly in his home state.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Concerning footy media t's more just the fact that no matter what name gets thrown out for CEO people in football media will want to be in a positive position if that person becomes CEO afterall they're going to have more to do with AFL Headquarters than the common person. Make no mistake they'll head kick the CEO when required but they'd want the relationship to start off on a good note. They probably don't want to upset anybody on the commission either when it comes to discussing CEO candidates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back