Opinion Former federal treasurer Josh Frydenberg tipped to become next AFL CEO. (Edit: He was never approached)

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Funny there was a tweet announcing Frydenburg as the CEO by Kon Karapanagiotidis has now been deleted.

Maybe Kon does know something, maybe Gil might move on earlier from the CEO job , according to this tweet , if true , Gil was pulled over and booked for speeding.

The question is was Gil speeding to or from Joshs place ?

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Maybe Kon does know something, maybe Gil might move on earlier from the CEO job , according to this tweet , if true , Gil was pulled over and booked for speeding.

The question is was Gil speeding to or from Joshs place ?

So what?

Going 10kms over the limit is done by 99.9% of the population every day all day and normal driving

Do better with your Josh devotion posts in future

I'm glad people were able to becomes suitably outraged by this before it turned back into the nothing it always was.

I can't see how anyone but Brendan Gale gets the job. He turned a rabble into an absolute powerhouse.

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Fair bit of talk around now that Frydenberg planted this false story himself.

Personally I have less than zero doubt this is the case. As would anybody who’s had anything to do with him.

who knows who started it but if a sensible individual applied basic timelines it would be quite the performance by Josh to get the gig so quickly after leaving politics.

TheBigHorne

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2022
Don't ask me about my username
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles, 76ers, Phillies
Not that this is the thread for it but RWNJs calling the left 'snowflakes' is just about the biggest hypocrisy in the world today.

Nobody gets more offended over nothing/something that never happened than those morons.
RWNJs calling the left 'snowflakes' originated from SJW cringe compilations that were popular on the internet from 2016-17. They often showed hysterical behaviour by 'people on the left' who were seen as overreacting and stuff. Hence why they describe the left as snowflakes. It's a strawman, buzzword and proves nothing really.
There's no such thing as "transphobia". What's there to fear of people who cosplay as the opposite sex?
Apparently a lot according to the TERFs you claim to support.

WTAF

Cleaned up
This is the AFL board, the politics and gender discussion threads are over there —->
If you can’t post on topic and also without name calling and abuse towards others, then just don’t post.
Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So I have to question how the CEO of the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre is in a position to know who is going to become the CEO of the AFL.

But I also find it interesting (and a little gross, personally) that so many heavy hitters in footy media have offered at least muted support of Frydenberg being the AFL CEO. Hutchison, Barrett, Browne, Cornes, Whateley. People who (based on their social media activity) lean towards the Liberal Party in their political support.

I think it shows a distinct lack of awareness of the feel from the general population. Frydenberg is an incredibly unpopular person, particularly in his home state.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its far more about pandering for the free Grand Finals tickets the CEO can hand out to the compliant media.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Fair bit of talk around now that Frydenberg planted this false story himself.

Personally I have less than zero doubt this is the case. As would anybody who’s had anything to do with him.
What a flog. Maybe the Sun can do another front page exclusive on what a great family guy he is to convince the proles he is the right guy to run their game.

BigPond101

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
When you say that Frydenberg is a 'Transphobe' do you mean he has a problem with what adutls choose to do to their bodies or what consenting adults choose to do in the privacy of their own homes? That would be bad

Or do you mean he doesn't want kids under 10 to be bombarded with trans material all day at school when they are trying to learn the times table or how to write their names ? Or if little 5 year old Xavier decides to wear his mum's skirt one day for a laugh he doesnt want him booked in for gender reassignment surgeory next week ?

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
You reckon? The same guy who said his party didn't have a women problem?

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg has denied claims that powerful men are able to get away with bad behaviour because people stay silent to protect the political party.
He was responding to extraordinary allegations made by former foreign minister Julie Bishop in an interview on the ABC’s 7.30 report on Monday night, where she revealed a group of male Liberal MPs who dubbed themselves the “big swinging dicks” tried to stymie her career. She added she wasn’t surprised that some women chose not to report to police.
That is very sad to hear this.

Josh frydenberg is scum

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I think Tony Abbott could do a good job.

abbott.jpg

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Funny the rumour has been ascribed to absolutely nobody, not even the usual “sources at…”

Frydenberg is an absolute media WHORE, he spent all his time in government on the phone to journalists spinning this and pitching that.

I 100% expect he started this “rumour” himself as a good way to boost his job prospects.

As I was saying, absolutely no doubt this is the case.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

Josh Frydenberg’s extraordinary AFL game​

Joe Aston
Jun 26, 2022 – 5.18pm

Five weeks have elapsed since the Morrison government was cast from office.

Twenty former Coalition MPs and senators, their 80 electorate officers and more than 400 ministerial advisers are working with headhunters, responding to well-wishers and being weaned off the hardcore drugs of influence and prominence for a gentle rehabilitation into civilian life.

Then there’s Josh Frydenberg.

An entirely foreseeable report emerged two weeks ago that the former treasurer “has been approached by the AFL as a potential replacement for outgoing CEO Gillon McLachlan”.

Such an absurd rumour would’ve been a non-starter for any media outlet except that Frydenberg quite deliberately gave it legs by granting an interview to sports radio network SEN and declining to contradict it.

Asked directly if he was approached by the AFL, Frydenberg responded: “All I’m saying is that I’m going into the private sector.”

Twice more, he refused to rule himself out of contention for the AFL job.

Dependably, The Australian swept in and bone-idly adopted the ruse as fact. “Mr Frydenberg has been inundated with private sector offers and was recently approached as a potential replacement for outgoing AFL chief Gillon McLachlan.”

Inundated, you hear?!

In the political universe, this is a customary B-grade media tactic: float your wishful idea out there – or better yet, have it floated for you – then faux-modestly refuse to confirm or deny it. The idea takes root.

The whole stunt was unmistakable. It was so Frydenberg and so embarrassing.

We know it was a stunt because he elected not to deny the story even though the story wasn’t true.

It was Frydenberg who approached the AFL Commission expressing his interest in being considered for the CEO position, not the other way around. His interest was received politely. Did the commissioners throw the well-advanced search process out the window and rush Josh into psychometric testing? Of course not.

The thought bubble died as it landed.

AFL chairman Richard Goyder is also the chairman of Qantas, so was Australia’s largest JobKeeper recipient. Does the man have no loyalty?!

Robbed of his dignity​

With the taste of defeat on his lips five weeks ago, Frydenberg wondered, “maybe after tonight I get a bit more time to try and be the most extraordinary dad”. All he’s being so far is an extraordinary goose.

It is truly awful to see someone brought so low by addiction. Robbed of his dignity. So willing to humiliate himself for a quick fix. A limelight junkie.

What is Frydenberg doing here? What he’s always done. Everything that always worked for him in public life.

But the same shallow nonsense doesn’t carry you through the private sector.

Did it never occur to him that he possesses almost none of the skills required to run the AFL? It is an elaborate mission of cajoling warlords and orchestrating utterly seamless live and broadcast stadia events on a practically daily basis. It’s a U2 world tour every year in five states simultaneously, a meticulous operation that necessitates an exceptionally high attention to detail.

McLachlan was at the AFL for 14 years before the commission made him CEO. The idea that some puffed-up politician can swan into AFL House and say, “It’s all good, I’ve got this, I was Ryan Stokes′ best man,” is perfectly laughable.

Frydenberg may well have been “inundated” with job offers, but there is only one place in the private sector where his principal talents – compulsive networking, trafficking favours, reciting his lines and never staying still – can be employed with equivalent success, and that’s investment banking.

Some offshore banking giant will be distantly persuaded that Frydenberg can groom Australia’s dozy club of non-executive directors as masterfully as he did his Liberal elders. That pitch might just fly.

bullish23

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
When Joe lines someone up he rarely misses. The Byron Pickett of the Australian media.

Back