Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

well from memory he kicked a 50M pass from out near the boundary and hit someone in front of goal in that game he did play so it wasn't hard to spot.
Clearly he wasn't laying enough tackles or meeting KPI's in running or something. Talent was there. But of course we weren't seduced by that.

It was a weird one because reports were Ross pushed hard for him to be drafted in the first place.

Sort of plays to the idea that Ross was always focused on the best 22, so while he could work well with and develop young players, not so much when they aren't playing every week. If Max had been drafted three years later it might have worked out.

Sort of plays to the idea that Ross was always focused on the best 22, so while he could work well with and develop young players, not so much when they aren't playing every week. If Max had been drafted three years later it might have worked out.

I think it was that year that Walters had missed most of the season and then came back the week after Duffy made his debut, which was only a couple of rounds before the finals.

In the end we went for a another tall in Taberner for the final couples games of the year and then took the punt on him to play in the two finals that we lost.

Last edited:
I always suspected Langdon suffered from artism.

He's artistic!

My son and I used to imagine him as the bass player for a very sub-par dark metal band, using the nom de rock of "Led Daggers"

Loved Daggers, but by crikey, he'd struggle to hit sand falling off a camel.

Max Duffy won US college football’s top punting prize. Gunna make some coin.
Australia continues to dominate punting in US college football with former Fremantle Docker Max Duffy the latest to win the top award.

An Australian has won the annual Ray Guy Award six out of the last seven years.

Duffy punts for the University of Kentucky.

WHAT I'VE SEEN/HEARD

Scott Jones to East Perth
Ryan Nyhuis to Claremont
Hayden Ballantyne to Peel
Shane Kersten to South Freo (rumour is Jarrod Garlett, Jarrod Pickett and Ben Rioli may all end up at SF too)
Zac Clarke to South Freo (haven't heard it confirmed yet but sounding likely)
Jack Hannath to Glenelg (WC's Matt Allen and Melb's Bill Stretch also going there)
Danyle Pearce has retired from SANFL

WHAT I'VE SEEN/HEARD

Ryan Nyhuis to Claremont
Shane Kersten to South Freo (rumour is Jarrod Garlett, Jarrod Pickett and Ben Rioli may all end up at SF too)
Jack Hannath to Glenelg (WC's Matt Allen and Melb's Bill Stretch also going there)
I'm surprised Pearce retired so early. But then he could probably earn a fair bit from the local leagues with half the effort.

WHAT I'VE SEEN/HEARD

Ryan Nyhuis to Claremont
I'd absolutely welcome Zac Clarke to Souths (as I would the others rumoured to come/return to the club), but it's surprising given Brock Higgins is already there. Also thought Nyhuis was going to Souths but looks like Claremont won out

I'd absolutely welcome Zac Clarke to Souths (as I would the others rumoured to come/return to the club), but it's surprising given Brock Higgins is already there. Also thought Nyhuis was going to Souths but looks like Claremont won out
I wouldn't lock in Clarke to SF until it becomes official - I would have thought Perth was all over him but maybe he doesn't want to go there?!? Everyone was saying Nyhuis to SF and then he ended up at the Tiges so things can change quickly (or else rumours are just way off the mark with these things). Have also heard Ninyette was looking to shift from Perth to SF. And obviously Leggett looking to go from Perth to East Freo.

Are they all scared of Masten biting them or something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Nyhuis interviewed on Radio this morning.

said there were offers from other WAFL clubs as well as from Victoria, but he wanted to say living in WA.
Moved from Peel because of the alignment - seeing better opportunity for himself by seeking fresh start. Got on well with Cam Shepherd
Bell told him of his delisting (no coach at the time), that he didn't fit into Freo's future plans (as the lockdown defender role)
Claremont made a pitch to him as being a team that offered him more and was looking to be a contender next year.
Said he thought he played some good games at AFL, did the role he was asked, but lack of continuity was frustrating.
Sees himself mostly as a defender but wants to add to his game - still has AFL ambitions but if not wants to give WAFL his best shot.
Long term desire to finish his career off back in the NT.

Would have been interesting to see if Longmuir would give Nyhuis a sustained chance.
I'm curious as well. Very surprised Bell let him go for not being in the future plans when without a coach how could he have said that?

I'll never forget the tackle on Robbie Grey which I thought was fair and the club didn't challenge the three weeks. The movement should have been analysed in detail because Nyhuis released Gray's arm (both from memory) before taking him to the ground and and Gray didn't brace with his freed arm. It was as if Gray was unconscious just with the fast movement of the tackle before he even hit the ground. If so that would have been related to previous concussions and explain why he didn't brace.

To add insult to injury he was back playing within a week! This is a boy that I believe will have serious problems when he finishes AFL.

Harley Bennell staying in Melbourne over his holidays training the house down. Wish him all the best but what would that say about our medical staff if he plays afl again?

WHAT I'VE SEEN/HEARD

Ryan Nyhuis to Claremont

I would almost pee my pants if we ended up with Clarke, Kersten, Garlett, Pickett and RIOLI (at the only club where a Rioli truly belongs at this level). Oh dear gods of WAFL football, I pray let this happen... :praying::praying::praying:

Ex-Docker Danyle Pearce tops dreaded most inaccurate kick for goal list
Former Docker Danyle Pearce has topped footy’s dreaded worst goalkicking list for the past decade.
Pearce leads the list with an accuracy of just 32.9 per cent - or just one in three shots at goal.
While not a noted goalkicker, Pearce did kick 127 majors in his 258 AFL games.
He played 154 of those with Port Adelaide before heading west to join the Dockers in 2013.
Pearce’s first season at Fremantle netted 10.21 - his worst accuracy return. He kicked 4.8 in 2016 before the stalwart fellow out-of-favour at the Dockers in 2017 and 2018, playing just 10 games across the two seasons.
Pearce retired at the end of 2018.
The ex-Docker is the only retired player in the dreaded top five for worst goalkicking accuracy.
Bombers star Dylan Shiel (35.1%) finished the decade with the second worst accuracy, followed by Saint Jack Billings (36.2%), Liam Shiels (36.2%) and Devon Smith (36.8%).
At the other end of the scale, Bulldogs forward Tory Dickson topped the list for the most accurate, who has taken more than 200 shots on goal, with 64 per cent followed by Jay Schultz (62.2%), Barry Hall (61.9%), Daniel Giansiracusa (61.2%) and Luke Bruest (61%).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back