Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Does talk about Danyle fit in this thread now given even the Fremantle media team have realised they don't need to specify an A or D anymore?

BEST

Fremantle: Mundy, Neale, Wilson, Banfield, McCarthy, Sandilands, Pearce
West Coast: Yeo, Waterman, Lycett, Barrass, Vardy, Ainsworth
Haven't seen the game , I assumed it was A though judging by the comments about D

Andy will be a better footballer than Weller by the end of 2019.

I really can't tell if Lachie is about to burst out or if he will forever be mediocre. Sure misses a lot of targets for an "elite kick".

It also doesn't help that nobody yet knows what his best position will be. From some casual browsing of the Suns board I've seen him put everywhere from HB, to mid to forward flanker; much like his time with us. I don't think he responds well to being a 'utility' and being asked to play, or at least consider playing, multiple roles. Not like Connor Blakely, who embraced the challenge with a minimum of fuss (when he wasn't catching waves down south)

I still think he'll eventually figure it out, and at the very least be a consistent top-10 player for them, but boy am I happy to have AB. A genuine leader of men.

De Boer had to go. Likeable player but like Barlow had to go but didn’t deserve to go ahead of Suban and D.Pearce. The D.Pearce contract extension was baffling but if he’d been delisted ahead of De Boer I doubt De Boer would still be on our list. Barlow might be but wouldn’t last through the whole rebuild.

I wish Barlow, De Boer and Silvagni well. The fact they are all in their clubs leadership groups shows what we had before more than anything in terms of leadership but with the players we’ve now got coming through in their positions they wouldn’t get much of a look in. They’d be racking them up down at Peel like D.Pearce will be this year. Potential leadership is the only real difference I can see and even then I still think D.Pearce appears a bit of a mentor particularly to the indigenous boys - he’s never going to be in our official leadership group if he’s expected to play at Peel.

Last edited:
De Boer in the GWS leadership group... SoS in Carlton’s...

Well there’s something there..

RtB driving the strong leadership behaviours? Shines through when the players move on?

Edit: and Micky B again this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delist Matty , Offer D Pearce another 2 years , Would be the strangest decision of this rebuild .
Danyle signed before it was obvious to the club that we were ****e. Master stroke by his agent IMO. Obviously you could argue he hadn't earned a new deal regardless, but obviously Ross rates him.

Micky and Matty got cut because they were out of contract. I genuinely though Matty would be good to keep simply because of his age. Would be doing whatever Grey is doing better.

Yep he has.
It's been Mundy, Sonny,SHilly in my opinion but now we've got Luke Ryan going gangbusters and Nathan Wilson will arguably assume the mantle.
Matera's good.
Kersten's a pretty good kick.
McCarthy could become a very good kick.
Plenty to work with.
Everyone's kicking will lift a little and collectively it'll lift a lot I'm hoping.

Mature guy to get dropped, come second in the Sandover Medal, win Peel Grand Final. The way he got through that was impressive. Could've just gone away and said hey that's my journey done.
Still boggles me how we kept Ballas ahead of him. I know he's a forward but ffs. De Boer stands up in the finals, experience head and tackles hard.
Oh we kept Sheridan and Suttclife too. Hmm

People act like De Boer was offering more than D.Pearce, Sutcliffe, Sheridan and even Ballantyne at the time he was delisted.

Games in 2016
Ballantyne 20
D.Pearce 22
Sheridan 21
Sutcliffe 19

De Boer 4

Yea. De Boer clearly should’ve been kept on the list over four best 22 players at the time. His output on field wasn’t good enough for us to carry through a rebuild - simple as that. He plays exactly the way he played when we were contending but when you’re losing a defensive forward who doesn’t kick many goals is passed over quite quickly. All four of the guys above were contracted beyond the end of 2016 when De Boer was delisted on top of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People act like De Boer was offering more than D.Pearce, Sutcliffe, Sheridan and even Ballantyne at the time he was delisted.

Games in 2016
Ballantyne 20
D.Pearce 22
Sheridan 21
Sutcliffe 19

De Boer 4

Yea. De Boer clearly should’ve been kept on the list over four best 22 players at the time. His output on field wasn’t good enough for us to carry through a rebuild - simple as that. He plays exactly the way he played when we were contending but when you’re losing a defensive forward who doesn’t kick many goals is passed over quite quickly. All four of the guys above were contracted beyond the end of 2016 when De Boer was delisted on top of that.
Except none of those 4 deserved games, they were all gifted games. All 4 have played average footy at best for the last few years.

Except none of those 4 deserved games, they were all gifted games. All 4 have played average footy at best for the last few years.

De Boer was on the way out before the 2016 season started mate.

The four players mentioned certainly had more credits on the board from when we were contending.

Games in 2016
Ballantyne 20
D.Pearce 22
Sheridan 21
Sutcliffe 19

De Boer 4

Those players were gifted games and hardly were sructinized for their below-average performances as compared to De Boer, who had to come 2nd in the Sandover to even prove himself he could play the last game of the season.
It was as if that's the best they could do and it's okay for both Suttclife and Sheridan. Tried to find their 'best positions' every single game, yet underwhelmed. They would then go away, play for Peel dominate then get brought back in on the belief they were finally going to hit their top form. Sadly that won't ever happen.

De Boer knows what his assets are, and limitations. Unlike Sheridan and Suttclife, he has used that to his advtange with ablomb and look at GWS obviously recognizing that. Good on him.
Watch Peel in the finals series.. De Boer was brilliant inside and rallied his team to win alongside Suban.

Ballas on the other hand is clearly playing on his past reputation. Ross is kidding with himself if 'you play your way in, play your way out'. He has multiple favourites. If he's serious he would leave out Ballas for Round 1 and back Banfield. And leave Tabs in there, who's yet another player that has to perform above and beyond whilst watching Sheridan and Suttclife average 10 disposals a game doing relatively nothing at AFL level

Did they actually say that?
Not the pies it was on the AFL website.

"Former Fremantle forward Chris Mayne has been omitted from the Pies' squad after an underwhelming performance in the Pies' first pre-season game with Greater Western Sydney."

I actually feel bad for Mayne. How many years left at Collingwood does he have? They totally wish they could offload him.

This might be ignorant of me but he changed to a vegan diet in recent times. Wonder if thats got anything to do with his poor form? I mean he was pretty terrible towards the end of his time with us but this is next level bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back