Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

This makes me feel sad. I really hope he is ok, but walking out on South Freo after one game suggests otherwise.

Got a soft spot for Dards. Hope his family and mates are getting around him.

Me too. He was traded in on my 40th birthday, so it held a special memory for me - I was very happy to see him "come home" and completely gutted when he was axed last year (although I understood why). It's horrible to see someone with such enormous talent go to waste and I feel very concerned for his mental wellbeing. I hope he gets himself sorted and finds a direction; I know all too well the lonely road.

From what I have heard today (this could very well be way off the mark), he is pissed off as he feels like the club essentially used his as a marketing ploy- especially surrounding the Dardy shirts they released and the fact that they had him in the league side playing little game time when he was supposed to be playing reserves. I have been told he is going to play ammos for Cockburn but hopefully, he and Sowfs work out their differences and he goes back there.

Im ok about Weller, Neale and Hill leaving. We got great draft picks in return, and while they were here they tried hard, played well and were great clubmen. There was a clear ROI

I am pissed about Bennel and Hogan going. The amount of time, money and picks we put into these guys, just regrettable. Not to mention, the negative effects on team culture too.

What hurts the most is the amount of 1st round draft picks we have blown early in the past decade on picks that just didnt work out. They should now be in their prime driving us to maiden flag:
2009: Morabito - FAIL
2010: Pitt - FAIL
2011: Sheridan - FAIL
2012: Josh Simpson - FAIL
2013: Apeness - FAIL
2014: Weller - Traded, good draft picks received in return
2015: Tucker - Ok so far
2016: Logue - Injury prone, but there is hope
2017: Brayshaw - Gun (in context of other first picks)
2018: Sturt - Injury prone, but there is hope
2019: Young - Hopeful
God that' lists so miserable

From what I have heard today (this could very well be way off the mark), he is pissed off as he feels like the club essentially used his as a marketing ploy- especially surrounding the Dardy shirts they released and the fact that they had him in the league side playing little game time when he was supposed to be playing reserves. I have been told he is going to play ammos for Cockburn but hopefully, he and Sowfs work out their differences and he goes back there.
His attitude in general is just ****ed.

Weird question but why was he supposed to play reserves? You would think an Ex AFL player with as much talent as Cam would be make every WAFL forward line in the league side. Is he unfit or just lost passion for footy?

Weird question but why was he supposed to play reserves? You would think an Ex AFL player with as much talent as Cam would be make every WAFL forward line in the league side. Is he unfit or just lost passion for footy?

I honestly don't know and can't fathom it myself. The way he was used on the weekend suggests to me that he was supposed to be in the reserves and Curley didn't really have any idea how to use him in the league side.

I honestly don't know and can't fathom it myself. The way he was used on the weekend suggests to me that he was supposed to be in the reserves and Curley didn't really have any idea how to use him in the league side.
Unless he wants to get serious and take a shot for another AFL tilt I dont know why as a guy like that you would even play WAFL. Just have a run with an ammos team and enjoy yourself with fraction of the work and still get some handy cash.

Unless he wants to get serious and take a shot for another AFL tilt I dont know why as a guy like that you would even play WAFL. Just have a run with an ammos team and enjoy yourself with fraction of the work and still get some handy cash.
He’s been absent from Instagram for quite a while now. He went nuts repping the 6163 partying with his mates after he left the club. Something is obviously going on.

I’d love to see him get back and kick a goal after the siren to win Souths a premiership.

No scratch that. A game that close might actually see my heart give out, and cause my anxiety to explode my head.

I’d like to see him kick 5 in a GF where Souths win comfortably by a margin of those 5 goals.

Aww go on, give him the Simpson Medal too.

But seriously, if the pressure is too much for him to handle with his fragile mental health, then he needs to look after himself and do something that makes him happy, without the anxiety that comes with an expectation of performance. Ammos might be just the right place for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he has something under his belt from his big pay years and got himself prepared with employment prospects post footy.

Then again, if you own your home outright and are happy with that then you don't need to make much money to get from week to week.

I don't expect his local club to ask for their $150 registration or match fees.

From what I have been told, he is going to play for Cockburn where his uncle is the league coach and he has cousins playing there as well. I doubt they are going to make him pay any fees.

Would be a good idea except I don’t think he’s the type that copes well being away from family (as seen at GWS)
I hear you but they're not talking about him moving to Russia, there's surely plenty of country teams only a couple of hours drive out of Perth where you could go back and forth.

I hear you but they're not talking about him moving to Russia, there's surely plenty of country teams only a couple of hours drive out of Perth where you could go back and forth.
I dunno, Russia might toughen him up! 🤣

I hope he has something under his belt from his big pay years and got himself prepared with employment prospects post footy.

Then again, if you own your home outright and are happy with that then you don't need to make much money to get from week to week.

During his year off he was apprenticing as a sparkie I think.

His attitude in general is just f’ed.
Yep, spot on.

Obviously hope he's mentally ok, but he's an incredibly lazy individual. Don't get the love for him and Hogan, both lazy and selfish, but because they have mental health issues, people think that's an excuse.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, spot on.

Obviously hope he's mentally ok, but he's an incredibly lazy individual. Don't get the love for him and Hogan, both lazy and selfish, but because they have mental health issues, people think that's an excuse.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Curious. Have you ever suffered from mental illness?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back