Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd argue Gumbleton was a far worse trade. I can understand hoping Sylvia was going to come good for us but Gumbleton??? What the fu** was he ever going to add?
Freo picked up Gumbleton for pick #55 - for a single year. No big deal

If we had made the finals and we thought we were a realistic chance of a flag the next season I'd do it again too.
Yeah, we had literally just lost a grand final because we were lacking a genuine second tall option forward, if we had managed to get the former #2 draft pick fit enough to play (similar to another injured Essendon player in Joe Daniher) then our prelim final peak years might have been one step better.

We traded Viv Michie for Scott Gumbleton and yeah, I'd do it again too. It would like like us trading Lachie Schultz for Charlie Curnow.

Yeah, we had literally just lost a grand final because we were lacking a genuine second tall option forward, if we had managed to get the former #2 draft pick fit enough to play (similar to another injured Essendon player in Joe Daniher) then our prelim final peak years might have been one step better.

We traded Viv Michie for Scott Gumbleton and yeah, I'd do it again too. It would like like us trading Lachie Schultz for Charlie Curnow.

Is this an option? 🤣

No coach is able to make a player something he isn't. The reason our forward line sucks is that it is devoid of TALENT. It lacks HEIGHT. There is sweet Fk all that pretty much any coach can do when most of the players are incapable of winning a 50:50 contest.

If you think that winning a premiership isn't relevant work experience then that's fine. It actually perfectly sums you up as a footy spectator imo.

The forward line is non performing because there is a total lack of decent forwards on the list.
Forget sacking Hale , get rid of the list managers that have neglected doing there job.
Apart from Pav have we ever picked a first round KPF in the draft?
The amount of talls Freo have ignored for dime a dozen mids and flankers is the reason we have struggled for 20 odd years.
WC don't hesitate, if there is a good tall available at their pick they grab them.
I can't count the amount of times WC has been laughed at on here for not picking mids and loading up on talls. You just have to look at the success and failure of each club to see who is the master .
List management is the downfall of this club not the coaches.

The forward line is non performing because there is a total lack of decent forwards on the list.
Forget sacking Hale , get rid of the list managers that have neglected doing there job.
Apart from Pav have we ever picked a first round KPF in the draft?
The amount of talls Freo have ignored for dime a dozen mids and flankers is the reason we have struggled for 20 odd years.
WC don't hesitate, if there is a good tall available at their pick they grab them.
I can't count the amount of times WC has been laughed at on here for not picking mids and loading up on talls. You just have to look at the success and failure of each club to see who is the master .
List management is the downfall of this club not the coaches.
WC can play Brander on a wing?
We just need to wait for our small forwards to start crashing packs, marks 😜
To be fair It did work when Pav was out for half a season.
But we had Balla, Walters, Mayne, With cameos from Kepler, Clarke, etc.
Our tackling, pressure was at another level and we could keep the ball inside 50.
Let’s be honest only Tabs is a serious threat, Lobb a 1 goal a game player.
The ball doesn’t stay inside 50 long enough to create opportunity.

WC can play Brander on a wing?
We just need to wait for our small forwards to start crashing packs, marks 😜
To be fair It did work when Pav was out for half a season.
But we had Balla, Walters, Mayne, With cameos from Kepler, Clarke, etc.
Our tackling, pressure was at another level and we could keep the ball inside 50.
Let’s be honest only Tabs is a serious threat, Lobb a 1 goal a game player.
The ball doesn’t stay inside 50 long enough to create opportunity.

You need good talls to make the game for the crumbers.
We all respect Tabs for what he has achieved but he is not known for his footy brain.
Walters and Ballas had Pav to work with .
As much as I get into Schulz he doesn't get a lot of help from the talls down there.

And the 3 games Treacy played suddenly our smalls were getting way more action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It beggars belief people can think this true. Those three sides are or were rubbish at the time and he didn't get near it in those games.
He presence was not somehow talismanically improving the side. I doubt he will come back in unless there are injuries as he clearly has a lot to learn and is struggling to run out games (understandable for an 18 yo key forward who played not footy for a year.)

It beggars belief people can think this true. Those three sides are or were rubbish at the time and he didn't get near it in those games.
He presence was not somehow talismanically improving the side. I doubt he will come back in unless there are injuries as he clearly has a lot to learn and is struggling to run out games (understandable for an 18 yo key forward who played not footy for a year.)

Well that worked out well

And the 3 games Treacy played suddenly our smalls were getting way more action

I’m a big fan of Treacy and think he’s going to be a very good player for us but the 3 games thing is nonsense. Probably the three worst sides in the entire league

I’m a big fan of Treacy and think he’s going to be a very good player for us but the 3 games thing is nonsense. Probably the three worst sides in the entire league

That doesn’t mean he didn’t help with structure & synergy. It’s not logical that his presence had no effect on how we played whoever the opposition. We might have won anyway we might not. There is no way to tell absolutely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That doesn’t mean he didn’t help with structure & synergy. It’s not logical that his presence had no effect on how we played whoever the opposition. We might have won anyway we might not. There is no way to tell absolutely.

Any team in the bottom 8 we should be a chance.
That means Blues, Bombers.
Carlton just beat us up, and we
lost the game against the Bombers with bad goal kicking.
Treacy is an accurate kick, hard
player.
Just because he hasn’t set the game on fire after 3 games?
J Kennedy didn’t do anything either early on.
Let’s just bite the bullet and play the guys who will help us play finals.
Reality is that JLo will go this route once we again fail to ignite.
We have little physical pressure, tackles, incapable of locking the ball inside 50.

We lost because we couldn't kick straight.

Same as last week.

Can we please just fix this one thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back