Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

He already is a good wafl player

If he could mark he would have a shot at making AFL
He just lacks the drive and fitness. The ‘fatty’ of the team. Constantly had to do fitness training and pushed by the coaches. Great to see he’s taken the delisting well. Does definitely deserve another chance

He just lacks the drive and fitness. The ‘fatty’ of the team. Constantly had to do fitness training and pushed by the coaches. Great to see he’s taken the delisting well. Does definitely deserve another chance

Part of me does wonder if the club told him to sort himself out and we might give him another chance which is why he stayed in Perth. The bloke has the talent but lacks the drive as you say.

Dixon was interviewed a couple of weeks ago and said that he's had some contact from a couple of AFL clubs over east during this year - nothing serious. Missed 8 weeks with an ankle injury.

He's recent run has been against a couple of the top 4 WAFL teams - and I think he kicked 3 in a Derby earlier in the year. I only saw the end of that game where the commentators were saying that he had a good game - but he didn't look very mobile to me - although it seems like it was the game he must have injured in.
Think he started the season with some good performances but tailed off and got injured good to see he finished the season well

Projecting better? Hogan won the rising star and kicked 44 goals in his first season of playing AFL

True, but I didn't mean 'best first year', I was thinking more along the lines of being an 18yo kid on the trajectory of a talented KPF without the outside noise of recreational drug use and a predilection for loose women. 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be shocked if Treacy kicks 44 goals next year
Technically, next year would be Hogan's second year with Melbourne so it's the year after that he kicks 44, since even though he couldn't play in 2013 he was part of their program then spending 2014 injured and then making his debut in 2015.

Technically, next year would be Hogan's second year with Melbourne so it's the year after that he kicks 44, since even though he couldn't play in 2013 he was part of their program then spending 2014 injured and then making his debut in 2015.
Yeah but couldn't play in 2013 so you can't really count it or if you do want to count that then surely you don't count a year where he missed with a back injury.

Either way Treacy having 14 games of AFL experience >>> Hogans extra year on the list

so for Treacy to be tracking ahead of Hogan he would need 44 goals this year, can not see that happening.

I think Treacy has a long way to go. A bit like the last tall forward from country Victoria we took in the rookie draft, he is a good news story that we all want to do well but there is still quite a bit of work to do.
Taberner was drafted at 19. That and Treacy's performance make him ahead or where Taberner was.

Doesn't mean a thing is terms of who'll be better at their peak though.

Yeah but couldn't play in 2013 so you can't really count it or if you do want to count that then surely you don't count a year where he missed with a back injury.

Either way Treacy having 14 games of AFL experience >>> Hogans extra year on the list

so for Treacy to be tracking ahead of Hogan he would need 44 goals this year, can not see that happening.

I think that physical ability and game plan knowledge is more valuable to a young tall than games played but I might be on my own here on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back