Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the question I'm asking - isn't one of the clauses, "if a player is delisted, or delists himself"? So all of the above questions are what are baffling me...
They've put out a clarification via their media ANALYSIS: How the new rookie rule will change football - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-18/analysis-how-the-new-rookie-rule-will-change-football
Only thing that's not addressed is what happens when a player delists themselves. You'd assume it would be the same as now; they would not be a free agent unless they were otherwise eligible for it.

They've put out a clarification via their media ANALYSIS: How the new rookie rule will change football - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-18/analysis-how-the-new-rookie-rule-will-change-football
Only thing that's not addressed is what happens when a player delists themselves. You'd assume it would be the same as now; they would not be a free agent unless they were otherwise eligible for it.

I read it that as long as they spend a year out of the game they can be rookied.

I reckon we can be 99.99 % certain that if a player walks away from a contract then best case they won't be eligible till one year after their contract would otherwise have expired.
I also expect a further clarification that if a player leaves at the end of their contract when a club wanted to retain them they also won't be eligible.

Love me some policy on the run! :rolleyes:

But good luck to Clakkas if it's going to work for him. Good bloke, by all accounts, and was unlucky with his injuries with us. I also think he hadn't quite fully developed yet, but the year at Subi seems to have helped him enormously. Hopefully for him he's got a few seasons at the top level left in him. Shame it's Essendon, but better than the weags.

But good luck to Clakkas if it's going to work for him. Good bloke, by all accounts, and was unlucky with his injuries with us. I also think he hadn't quite fully developed yet, but the year at Subi seems to have helped him enormously. Hopefully for him he's got a few seasons at the top level left in him. Shame it's Essendon, but better than the weags.
Well, I guess I hope he goes okay too. When he was with us he always seemed to lack a bit of urgency. A bit of impact. Older now, and has had some time in the wilderness, so who knows.

Well, I guess I hope he goes okay too. When he was with us he always seemed to lack a bit of urgency. A bit of impact. Older now, and has had some time in the wilderness, so who knows.
True - whether it was lack of urgency, injuries, late developer (he didn't put on much muscle for quite a few preseasons), or whatever - I guess we'll see next year. He always went on his off-season holidays with MdB - that to me suggests he's a decent sort, given how highly Matt is rated everywhere. he wouldn't hang out with numbnuts you wouldn't think. And this off-season - all his (MdB's) travelling buddies have been Freo guys. I find that... interesting, given his two years away from the club now. He's the sort of guy you'd welcome back working in a development role with the u/22s I reckon.

True - whether it was lack of urgency, injuries, late developer (he didn't put on much muscle for quite a few preseasons), or whatever - I guess we'll see next year. He always went on his off-season holidays with MdB - that to me suggests he's a decent sort, given how highly Matt is rated everywhere. he wouldn't hang out with numbnuts you wouldn't think. And this off-season - all his (MdB's) travelling buddies have been Freo guys. I find that... interesting, given his two years away from the club now. He's the sort of guy you'd welcome back working in a development role with the u/22s I reckon.
Re MdB I was surprised at that too and kind of wonder what GWS make of it. Looks like he sees future at Freo one way or another.

at least he won't be dominating with $ubiaco

Hasn't fully developed? Might wanna hurry up, he's 29!

Hasn't fully developed? Might wanna hurry up, he's 29!

I said HADN'T - past tense. He sat out a year with his knee injuries, then played a year at WAFL. He hasn't played in the AFL system since 2016. He was just about the rakiest, skinniest kid we ever drafted, and stayed rakey and skinny even after he put on some muscle, which took ages. Some guys take longer to get to their ceiling. And I said MAYBE he hadn't fully developed. Maybe he had. Maybe he'll be just as average at Essendon as we has with us. But after the year he's had at Subi, he might show that he has something after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said HADN'T - past tense. He sat out a year with his knee injuries, then played a year at WAFL. He hasn't played in the AFL system since 2016. He was just about the rakiest, skinniest kid we ever drafted, and stayed rakey and skinny even after he put on some muscle, which took ages. Some guys take longer to get to their ceiling. And I said MAYBE he hadn't fully developed. Maybe he had. Maybe he'll be just as average at Essendon as we has with us. But after the year he's had at Subi, he might show that he has something after all.

Skinniest we ever drafted?

upload_2018-11-27_16-30-59.png

Pretty sure this bloke has that covered:

upload_2018-11-27_16-31-40.png

Anyone know what Micky B is up to? I miss that guy
Playing VFL, he has done about an interview once a month on SEN just chronicling whereabouts he is at and what hes upto at the moment.

Think he was on about 10 days ago, I'll try find the link

EDIT: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=290348 most recent interview, player coach at Werribee, turns out he was on a month ago though

Last edited:
Talking about skinny recruits. One of our former recruits is still doing well - albeit in basketball, with Craig Moller set to make his boomers debut. Maybe he should of been playing basketball all along rather than giving it up to play AFL.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/basket...ravelled-from-afl-to-nbl-20181121-p50hgh.html
That's what I said when we rookied him. Like Scott Pendelbury, I have a basketball background and watching some of Moller's youtube highlights at the time, I couldn't understand why he was entertaining a career move to AFL when he was such a good bballer. Footballer, not so much...

Playing VFL, he has done about an interview once a month on SEN just chronicling whereabouts he is at and what hes upto at the moment.

Think he was on about 10 days ago, I'll try find the link

EDIT: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=290348 most recent interview, player coach at Werribee, turns out he was on a month ago though

Mickey’s mum passed away recently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back