Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I,'ll say it again ,our big name recruits have said nothing but Neale despite his reason for leaving was to get out of the public eye he has done nothing but bring attention to himself. How else did he think his crack on the weekend would be taken. He knew Freo and Fyfe would become involved.
Lachie was interviewed post game and asked how his game was with the lion's midfield, he then commented on the Lion's midfield.
The media then twists his words into something that they are not, then the public eats it up without actually looking at the situation.

Lachie would be expected to do quite a bit of media over there through his contract so we will likely keep hearing about him however he is less recognisable on the streets due to AFL not being as popular which is the reason he moved. Media doesn't necessarily align with the public eye thing, he was more worried about being bothered just walking down the street to a coffee shop etc

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
He didn’t drag it up, he was asked a question about it and gave his opinion.
Yea pay that.
Also he was said to have bagged Freo for lack of professionalism and saying he did not get on with the Boss. When questioned he denied it.
Add this to his cheeky press releases and it is hard not to think he is aiming it towards Freo.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
We've done some strange things over the years but letting Sam go was up there why ? Are we overflowing with good intercept defenders
Seemed to be just because he looked a bit slow in a passage of play vs brissy 1 day and that was it card stamped

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

He needs to sheet some of the blame. Spat the dummy after Dawson got a dream run from the selectors going into his final year even though Collins was fitter and in form. Lost motivation from there on. He’s apparently learned his lesson.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Yea pay that.
Also he was said to have bagged Freo for lack of professionalism and saying he did not get on with the Boss. When questioned he denied it.
Add this to his cheeky press releases and it is hard not to think he is aiming it towards Freo.

Where did he say those other things? I read media about him pretty closely and have never picked any of this up.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sam Collins has major kicking issues that were plainly obvious when down at Peel. Hesitation then finally switch kick to the opposition or a grubber kick out of bounds. Not just once but twenty/thirty times. I saw it live, on TV and heard the radio commentators. Sounds like he tightened this up a little last season in the VFL so good on him. Not a single club picked him up last year remember.

Always had a great pair of hands and quite good at ground level. But his kicking execution was very poor. Speed was a bit of an issue - quite a few games where he got pantsed on the lead and had a bag of goals kicked on him in the second half of 2016. Understandably the midfield pressure was weak but we brought back Zac Dawson for the final round against Bulldogs and he was so much better in the one on one. His two games in 2017 were woeful.

Prob could count himself unlucky to not be kept on as depth but we have a bit through his position like Logue, Cox & Kersten. Although smaller at around 190cm we have Watson and Hughes as well.

Bit like Sheridan some of these guys need to be let go to potentially flourish elsewhere. Richmond shed quite a few depth players who need more opportunity.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
Travis didn’t mention Fyfe in his tweet, that was all Neale (making it into a bigger story). My opinion is that he was having a go at Ross (for not valuing him enough to keep him)

So Neale on twitter mentioned that he invited Fyfe to his wedding so that means he has no problems with him. Ok cool. Fine.

Did he invite the coach that gave him his AFL debut, grand final spot and 2 B&Fs to his wedding?

Oh people asking for proof/articles about Neale bagging the club. Go thru the trade thread from last year, it’s all in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Oh people asking for proof/articles about Neale bagging the club. Go thru the trade thread from last year, it’s all in there.

No it isn’t. There are a lot of one-eyed supporters and people with comprehension problems making up s**t in there, though.

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
No it isn’t. There are a lot of one-eyed supporters and people with comprehension problems making up s**t in three, though.

I’m not talking about direct quotes about Neale bagging the club. I’m talking about “leaks” the bad stories about Freo and why Neale wanted to leave.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
I’m not talking about direct quotes about Neale bagging the club. I’m talking about “leaks” the bad stories about Freo and why Neale wanted to leave.

There was a media report where they alleged he said it and he denies that he did.

Sounds like people making up s**t to get upset about to me.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Laughing at everyone falling for the media "leaks" he denied them because they weren't true

Why is half this board falling for these media headlines when Lachie continually keeps coming out and denying them?

Is it because Lachie left and you want something to pin against him? he is gone, let it go

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
Sounds like people making up s**t to get upset about to me.

More like people are reading between the lines. They are either way off the mark or relatively close to it.
But the old adage where there is smoke can be applied quite confidently here.
Just sick of him dropping cheeky press releases that can be read either way and then getting all sandy when he gets called out for it.

I don't care at all that Lachie left. I think it was better for him and Freo that he did When he did. He was going to be a free agent at the end of this season any way and he was definitely going.
I really hope he succeeds at the Lions and I will be following him like I follow all x Freo players.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
So what's your take on it .Why make the comment in the first place

When I saw the article, I thought the "no-ego" comment by Neale was nothing but an extension to his original compliment of his new team mates. He says the group wants to work for each other, to do that you need to be pretty selfless and to be selfless you need to not have an ego. I think Lachie was just emphasizing and adding to the meaning of selfless and what he said was fine.

Although the result of something so simple is;

We get a garbage headline on the AFL website intentionally not choosing the main factor of Lachie's praise to outline

leading to

The public believing it was an actual dig at someone at Freo, but then it was just Fyfe being unfairly thrown under the bus because the surface observants think they know.

The people who I've seen complaining about the comments are honestly just as dumb as the people who reported it. Shows how bored people are durng the pre-season and how people will cling to any scraps just to have something to talk / whinge about.

Modramadness

Draftee
Jun 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
What else was he gonna say? He only really had one answer he was able to give. “Um yeah I reckon my old team will win a flag before the one I’m now playing for being paid by.” Wat did people expect him to say?

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Everyone here apparently has a healthy distrust of the media, especially when it comes to Freo.

And so they should. The media have proven time and time again they will twist and manipulate even the most innocent of comments into a 'scandalous' headline.

But the minute it involves someone you want to distrust it's 'he wouldn't have said that if he didn't mean it' with no thought to the specific question he was asked to elicit a particular response or to the way it's been presented out of context.

Everyone's a critic of how the media plays people until the media start appealing to their own biases.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Why would the midfield of a severely underwhelming team be full of players with big egos?

I don't mind a bit of banter in football, and at worst Neale's comments are pretty meek in that regard.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Why would the midfield of a severely underwhelming team be full of players with big egos?

I don't mind a bit of banter in football, and at worst Neale's comments are pretty meek in that regard.
I agree. And what basis is there to have an ego at Brisbane. They can walk the streets of their town unrecognised. Their team has done nothing except donate players for over 15 years. Their best player just walked out to go to last year's grandfinalist. Their coach's claim to fame was he sat next to Clarko, and their captain has a pretty poor social media profile to manage.

Fyfe has a brownlow and is one of the top 5 paid in the comp. Brad has 3 premiership medals. I imagine their may (or may not) have been a bit of swagger sometimes in the Freo midfield.

Back