Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree. And what basis is there to have an ego at Brisbane. They can walk the streets of their town unrecognised. Their team has done nothing except donate players for over 15 years. Their best player just walked out to go to last year's grandfinalist. Their coach's claim to fame was he sat next to Clarko, and their captain has a pretty poor social media profile to manage.

Fyfe has a brownlow and is one of the top 5 paid in the comp. Brad has 3 premiership medals. I imagine their may (or may not) have been a bit of swagger sometimes in the Freo midfield.
And I am really hoping Hogan brings a bit of swagger as well.

Would be one of the most maligned players to ever have played over 150 games, but I think this could be a good move. When he came to Freo he was a critical factor in getting the backline into the mindset ready to follow the game plan, which suggest leadership and communication skills. A bit of a master at getting the greatest impact out of the minimum skill base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who works in the industry what Rhys "allegedly" did is disgraceful. Should be warned off for life if it is proven it was him.

Has a history of poor behaviour since returning to Perth and some really poor choices with social media posting. Seems to have lost the plot

Rhysy. Never 1 to challenge yourself intellectually.
I wonder with these ex players. Do they still have money, did they buy a house why they were earning. Did they even go to school before footy ?

Rhysy. Never 1 to challenge yourself intellectually.
I wonder with these ex players. Do they still have money, did they buy a house why they were earning. Did they even go to school before footy ?
He could sell one to himself.

He works in real estate these days.

He could sell one to himself.

He works in real estate these days.

Have to see his face every day on the way to work. Just reminds of how he broke Barlow’s leg and ruined our season all those years ago.

Part of me also smirks though as every day I go past that sign is another day he’s failed to sell a house in Booragoon. I’m no real estate agent but if you can’t sell a house in Booragoon you’ve either got the price way too high or you’re shite at your job.

A few people I know used to know him. They all think he’s a dickhead.

Rhys' defence is hilarious (from Facebook I think):

Hi all, thought I would post this to provide some clarity as to the events that unfolded last night. Firstly, let me be clear, no shoe was deliberately thrown at a horse during any race, & I have the utmost respect for the racing community and all those involved. It was simply unfortunate timing. I was having a light hearted wrestle with a young teammate, oblivious to what was happening around us. What transpired was a shoe being thrown which unbeknown to us was unfortunately at the same time the horses had made their way around the course. Granted, it was stupid to start with but rightly or wrongly, I show care in ways others may not understand. I would like to sincerely apologise to the owners, trainers and especially the drivers involved as to the possible worst case scenario that could have eventuated. Security footage of the event will support what actually happened. Media being media, things can be misconstrued rather easily. I also wish to apologise to my football club & to anyone else that took offence to what happened, it was not my intention and was quite simply boys being boys. Thanks to all those that know my character and the support I have already received. Lastly, I will be making a donation to the ‘Off the Track’ foundation which undertake great work in the industry here in WA. Appreciate hearing me out

Clearly innocent... Last time I had a wrestle with someone a couple of shoes also went flying quite a few metres, with a delay between them and they also landed at exactly the same direction and distance each time. If there is one thing you aren't paying attention to at the races, it's when the horses are racing... nobody ever notices them. It's science people, people wrestle, shoes go flying, horses that nobody is watching get put in considerable danger. #barefootisthewaytogo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back