Remove this Banner Ad

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
De Boer sucks?
Yeah just made Dangerfield his pet puppy while he did the same to Dusty last week.
Wouldn’t mind him on Gaff or Yeo tonight. Heh
We used to always play Matt DeBoer on Shannon Hurn in the derby and Hurn was pretty much his bitch too. Would have been handy yesterday! :'(

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lazy 40 possessions.
40 possession, 28 of them handballs. And Brisbane got absolutely smashed.

Sounds like many of our games the last couple of years.

Good player but seriously over hyped since the move to Brisbane. Let's see how he goes as they start to struggle later in the year before we hand him the Brownlow.

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
40 possession, 28 of them handballs. And Brisbane got absolutely smashed.

Sounds like many of our games the last couple of years.

Good player but seriously over hyped since the move to Brisbane. Let's see how he goes as they start to struggle later in the year before we hand him the Brownlow.
He's hit 40 disposals more in 4 games for Brisbane than he did in the last two years he played at Fremantle. Salim implied Neale would be down on form in a Brisbane loss because he, like you, act like jaded ex lovers who are completely incapable of acknowledging the good form of a former Fremantle player at his new club without downplaying it somehow.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's hit 40 disposals more in 4 games for Brisbane than he did in the last two years he played at Fremantle. Salim implied Neale would be down on form in a Brisbane loss because he, like you, act like jaded ex lovers who are completely incapable of acknowledging the good form of a former Fremantle player at his new club without downplaying it somehow.

Neale has been terrific for Brissy

youmewe

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will be the new Brownlow Medal favourite if MRP takes exception to Dangerfield's swinging arm yesterday.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-13/danger-facing-scrutiny-for-offtheball-hit-on-de-boer

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm happy for Lachie Neale tbh.

Seems an okayish guy, didn't believe in our list or coaching, wanted to live the quieter life with his family. New challenge. He gave Freo a lot of quality service and he was our next captain, but there you go. Really hope he wins the Brownlow.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle

How is asking how Neale went implying he was down on form. I didn't see the game only the result. I thought some one on here might have had a look at the game and given me some info. Putting your own spin on a post is you all over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farrand

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2003
England
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Side Hawkwing
Really happy that Collins has found his form and become big for Gold Coast's defence. I was pretty mad when we delisted him won't lie, didn't get a chance in 2017 after some solid performances in 2016.

Agree with this. Always thought Collins had great potential to be a solid back. Much like Silva, we never gave him much of a chance.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Agree with this. Always thought Collins had great potential to be a solid back. Much like Silva, we never gave him much of a chance.
Every time Silva got a chance he got injured or suspended.

That's not the club's fault.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Every time Silva got a chance he got injured or suspended.

That's not the club's fault.

That continued at Carlton too. Dude made it to the leadership group in his second season but had to retire after barely playing that year. I remember blues fans being very lairy of drafting him but his work ethic won over their jaded hearts and minds.

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
Do we hold the record at the moment for delisted players currently in the best 22 at other clubs? I have said this before , But at the risk of repeating myself i never understood the axing of De Boer he was not too old around 26 was a model citizen and excellent club man would have been a perfect role model for a young group and his footy was still solid he was never going to be a superstar but a very good role player as he is proving to be at GWS

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
Chopping Deboer, Mzungu, Barlow, Clancee, Silva in quick succession wiped out not only depth but leadership too. I blame the list manager. We had blokes under contract that should have gone before these stalwarts.

Farrand

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2003
England
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Side Hawkwing
Chopping Deboer, Mzungu, Barlow, Clancee, Silva in quick succession wiped out not only depth but leadership too. I blame the list manager. We had blokes under contract that should have gone before these stalwarts.

Agree with this. When the initial clear out began it seemed more like a knee jerk reaction rather then rebuilding to me and felt we made some poor choices in delisting these guys. All of them played with heart and confidence despite their lack of strong ability. Barlow and Mzungu hurt the most though.

GoFreo4eva

Freo Tragic Since the Beginning
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do we hold the record at the moment for delisted players currently in the best 22 at other clubs? I have said this before , But at the risk of repeating myself i never understood the axing of De Boer he was not too old around 26 was a model citizen and excellent club man would have been a perfect role model for a young group and his footy was still solid he was never going to be a superstar but a very good role player as he is proving to be at GWS
My understanding was that we offered him only 1 year and he was unhappy with that. We could not get a trade done so we delisted and then GWS picked him up in the draft on a 2-year deal. I could, of course, be completely wrong. In any event,I was pretty disappointed to lose him.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I feel like there's a bit of revisionism going on with the benefit of hindsight here.

At the time DeBoer, Mzungu and (to a lesser extent) Barlow were all seen as foot soldiers symbolic of Lyon's effort-over-class ethos we needed to make a clean break from if we wanted to rebuild a successful side.

Back