Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Poor Mayne. Gives his heart and soul when he plays. It was so classic Mayne to miss that though, he was never going to make the distance. I'd love to see more players show as much raw emotion as he does.
He was further out in the GF. Nailed it from 51m or so. Got us within 3 points. But like De Boer, have the extremely poor range for AFL players. 40m is their max oftentimes.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So Geelong doctors reckon that they have Bennell sorted, apparently an extra couple of muscles behind the knee causing his calf issues. I’d be mighty rotten on our people if this is true.
Be typical Weber. Awful sports scientist in the wrong sports field. A Rugby man into an AFL guy.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Zac Clarke delisted today. Ever since that pathetic, idiotic decision to go to a music festival, he has gone downhill. Could've broken out, but hey he doesn't really care at times. Lack of professionalism in the end

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The most surprising thing is Josh has agreed to train with them.

I’d be pissed off. He’s worked hard to get this chance and is booted after 3-4 months. After being the No.1 pick in the MSD too.
He's better then half their list tbh. How has Kade Simpson managed 300 games is beyond me. But hey, even a Doucherty is their captain so you know its a poor culture.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's better then half their list tbh. How has Kade Simpson managed 300 games is beyond me. But hey, even a Doucherty is their captain so you know its a poor culture.

Kade Simpson is and has been a bloody good player. I would’ve loved him on our team.

Docherty was a fantastic player - not sure how he’ll go after two knee re-constructions but I doubt he’s their captain next year.

I said the day of the Mid Season Draft that I hoped Deluca wasn’t drafted by Carlton. He’s worked so hard to get back into the AFL yet got drafted by Carlton who seem to love recruiting recycled players and delisting them at first opportunity. What’s worse is I know people who know him and they all say he’s a nice guy and a hard worker - he deserves better.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Zac Clarke delisted today. Ever since that pathetic, idiotic decision to go to a music festival, he has gone downhill. Could've broken out, but hey he doesn't really care at times. Lack of professionalism in the end
oh boy, you are going to be absolutely appalled when you find out that a good 50% of the competition attends music festivals

In fact I have seen over 70% of our list at music festivals over the past 4 years. Even more if you include players Insta stories

I'm sorry if these facts rock you to the core...

oh boy, you are going to be absolutely appalled when you find out that a good 50% of the competition attends music festivals

In fact I have seen over 70% of our list at music festivals over the past 4 years. Even more if you include players Insta stories

And some of his best from in a Freo jersey in 2014 and early 2015 was after said music festival

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Be typical Weber. Awful sports scientist in the wrong sports field. A Rugby man into an AFL guy.
Don't just blame the rugby as I think Brisabane's head of sports science this year was from a rugby code and their lack of injuries was exceptional.

I don't know if you've looked up Webber's blog and seen the type of weight training he seems to promote. At best I don't think it's effective and at worst is causing injuries. He doesn't look like he innovates or keeps up with the latest treatments and use of bands and if he was responsible for not diagnosing Hogan's navicular problems had returned and was getting him doing sprints and giving him injections to get through training and games, he should be fired just for that.

Jul 20, 2018
Will be filthy if Bennell comes good because they ‘found’ 2 small muscles?! How the **** could we not have seen this.

Now hoping he actively fails in his bid just to avoid the s**t we will cop. Fxk me freo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

That’s true. They do attend the US festivals over the off season.
Just was such a dumb moment. It’s all well and good it’s off season, just the timing was horrid. Don’t believe he ever really gone on and better himself after that. He did play well 2014. But got cooked quite quickly and still only 30. He was a raw lanky player when I first watched him in 2010 I think it was. Bulk up and maybe we have something. Just a case of what if unfortunately

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I doubt Bennell’s calf will ever be able to withstand a full AFL campaign but if a club is smart enough to manage his workload, I’m sure he’ll eek out some very effective games again.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
That’s true. They do attend the US festivals over the off season.
Just was such a dumb moment. It’s all well and good it’s off season, just the timing was horrid. Don’t believe he ever really gone on and better himself after that. He did play well 2014. But got cooked quite quickly and still only 30. He was a raw lanky player when I first watched him in 2010 I think it was. Bulk up and maybe we have something. Just a case of what if unfortunately
Not just US festivals, I have seen the boys at all the locals, Seasons, Origin, Listenout etc

Different groups at different events but they are there.

Its unfortunate he got injured but you can't blame him for hitting up a festival with the boys.
Let's be honest, he's probably kicking himself about it now, wasted opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
My thoughts on the recent happenings of our past players:

Harley Bennell: It would kill me if he came good once again at Geelong of all clubs considering they're my most hated team, but if he manages to get back out there and play his best football then I will be happy for Bennell the person, as long as he doesn't have a stellar game against us of course.

Tom Sheridan: He was a very frustrating player at times and never truly recovered from the 2015 Preliminary Final dropped mark, but I always did enjoy watching him play, a lot of wasted potential with him. I honestly think he played some of his best football for us on the half forward flank last year.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
I remember him towelling up a young McEvoy & thinking we had a potential superstar. Their career trajectories went very differently after that. He could have been a very, very good AFL player.
Thanks for his service to Freo :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Sandi wanted to continue...Why wasn't there a place for him here?
Cotton wool first half of year or home games only...blimey.
Thought he was over it...now seems he was pushed.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
It smells like bullshit. He was volunteering to retire mid season. Made a point of saying he was retiring because while he can still play, he can't run anymore. And didn't we want him to play on? I seem to recall reading he was offered another year.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Not sure stunning is an appropriate term for something you tried but failed to get off the ground. Optimistic or bold maybe?

Back