Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

My thoughts on the recent happenings of our past players:

Harley Bennell: It would kill me if he came good once again at Geelong of all clubs considering they're my most hated team, but if he manages to get back out there and play his best football then I will be happy for Bennell the person, as long as he doesn't have a stellar game against us of course.

Tom Sheridan: He was a very frustrating player at times and never truly recovered from the 2015 Preliminary Final dropped mark, but I always did enjoy watching him play, a lot of wasted potential with him. I honestly think he played some of his best football for us on the half forward flank last year.
This is practically guaranteed to happen. Even if he has one good game for the rest of his career it will be to tear us a new one.

When it does the whole medical team should be shunted out the door that day

I guess that a kicker running is a big deal. Twitter seemed to be going nuts about it.
It's a huge deal, his whole job with the punt is to put the ball as far down the field as he can because if they get tackled one more time the ball turns over where they are. Instead, he ran to cross that yellow artificial line on the tv coverage which means they get all four tackles back and can start trying to get closer to scoring again.

I guess that a kicker running is a big deal. Twitter seemed to be going nuts about it.
Credit it to him but that was also some of the worst defence I have ever seen. Their whole defensive line and line backers turned their backs on the punter. Made it easy for the offensive line to shift them to one side, then a block on the cornerback by the wide receiver and Duffy had a paddock to run into. Their special teams coach would have no doubt got a mouthful from their head coach. Special teams doesn't get the attention at training it deserves.

Credit it to him but that was also some of the worst defence I have ever seen. Their whole defensive line and line backers turned their backs on the punter. Made it easy for the offensive line to shift them to one side, then a block on the cornerback by the wide receiver and Duffy had a paddock to run into. Their special teams coach would have no doubt got a mouthful from their head coach. Special teams doesn't get the attention at training it deserves.
Nice post.
I read it saying "deefence" (in my head) with the American pronunciation, despite being a stickler for "Aussie-talk", due to the context of what you wrote.

It's a huge deal, his whole job with the punt is to put the ball as far down the field as he can because if they get tackled one more time the ball turns over where they are. Instead, he ran to cross that yellow artificial line on the tv coverage which means they get all four tackles back and can start trying to get closer to scoring again.
Great to watch. He ran far more than the 10 yards but it's totally not expected that someone might do something out of their role! Saw the post where he punted 70 yards as well in the same game. Love it and good luck to him.

LOL, college football.
Max Duffy was another in the list of Ross Lyon draft * ups (oops silly me, Ross always let the cobblers do the cobbling, what am I thinking?)
He wasn't a second round draft pick's areshole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice post.
I read it saying "deefence" (in my head) with the American pronunciation, despite being a stickler for "Aussie-talk", due to the context of what you wrote.

Yes, "deefence" sounds like it's about fence removal.

LOL, college football.
Max Duffy was another in the list of Ross Lyon draft fu** ups (oops silly me, Ross always let the cobblers do the cobbling, what am I thinking?)
How much of Duffy do you think Ross Lyon saw before demanding the recruiters pick him up? Once again a player who spent a huge amount of time on the injury list. That was Lyon's fault too.

Brady Grey has been appointed as skills and structure coach for West Coast’s AFLW team.
Good on him.
yeah, he's been there a couple of weeks now. Loves working with the women's team as he did with Freo while on our list. Love Brady. Such a nice young man.

Last edited:
How much of Duffy do you think Ross Lyon saw before demanding the recruiters pick him up? Once again a player who spent a huge amount of time on the injury list. That was Lyon's fault too.
Duffy was enormously talented. I'd say his appetite for running the other way was as big a issue as injuries in curtaining his career in this form of the game.

LOL, college football.
Max Duffy was another in the list of Ross Lyon draft fu** ups (oops silly me, Ross always let the cobblers do the cobbling, what am I thinking?)

2012 was a terrible draft after the top 10, almost no one decent was taken after Duffy.

LOL, college football.

Duffy was rated much higher, maybe as high as Top 10 as a 17yo but he had some personal issues. He had a fall out with his colts coach and moved from Perth to East Fremantle mid season. Remember Matthew Lloyd on Football Classified saying that he was the player he had most difficulty working with in terms of attitude at the AIS academy. A close friend of his died around the same time - a few months after the 2010 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back