Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

You look at the other forwards we had in 2017 and that is possibly why Crozier was a forward that year.

Don’t want to make excuses for the club too much but you can see the reason behind it.

Maybe if we hadn’t delisted De Boer and Barlow, Walters could’ve stayed forward and Crozier could’ve gone back.
Yes I agree we were light on decent forwards for 2017, but he showed a some promise in 2016 and then back to HFF In 2017. I think his injury late 2016 ruined his momentum. Anyway the main point was whether it was HFF or HBF he is replaceable.

could field part of a pretty bloody handy team from the ex Freo players running around in other jumpers now.
Neale, Hill, Menagola, Weller, Langdon, Crozier, DeBoer, Sutcliffe, Colins off the top of my head for starters.

could field part of a pretty bloody handy team from the ex Freo players running around in other jumpers now.
Neale, Hill, Menagola, Weller, Langdon, Crozier, DeBoer, Sutcliffe, Colins off the top of my head for starters.
Dogs fans reckon Crozier is a gun. A lot rate him in their top 5 or 6 players.

Add Mayne who played another solid game last night, his hands are so clean and he plays within himself.

Team maybe overstating it a tad. Half a team? Third of?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints fans are pretty livid with Billy, dude should be in his career prime now and he's just coasting along for them. Maybe we got the best out of him?
Maybe he’s coasting to the end of his career on the big fat $50K pay cheque he gets each week of the regular season.
He’s won 3 premierships, played with his bro in front of his family and friends, won a club B&F, and now he’s getting $900K per year. Maybe the Saints got duped??

Maybe he’s coasting to the end of his career on the big fat $50K pay cheque he gets each week of the regular season.
He’s won 3 premierships, played with his bro in front of his family and friends, won a club B&F, and now he’s getting $900K per year. Maybe the Saints got duped??

We basically got Young for him, along with Acres - looks like highway robbery for us!

Hill is never going to be a player to dig in and pull a team out of a mess like they were in for 2.5 quarters today.

Looks like we did really nicely out of the trade but the flak he's copping is a bit out of proportion given the role he plays.

Hill is never going to be a player to dig in and pull a team out of a mess like they were in for 2.5 quarters today.
Agree. He is a pure winger. So he depends on good supply from the middle or half back. Then he is a weapon moving the ball inside 50, but without it he a useless. Not going to get the ball a lot by himsels. He is averaging just a little more then 4 contested possessions over his career.

Looks like we did really nicely out of the trade but the flak he's copping is a bit out of proportion given the role he plays.

Lot to pay for a player that won't dig in.

FWIW I'm still a Hill fan, I would've liked him to stay. He'll have some really good games for the Saints. But not complaining about how it's turned out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back