Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lot to pay for a player that won't dig in.

FWIW I'm still a Hill fan, I would've liked him to stay. He'll have some really good games for the Saints. But not complaining about how it's turned out.

Yeah no doubt. Saints wanted to make a statement but they'll have to accept that he's not going to be much chop on days their midfield gets rolled.

Not digging in is possibly a bit harsh though. He works bloody hard but as Schauermann said, his output is dependent in the supply he gets.

Channels

All Australian
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Harley Bennell. 2 games in a row at AFL level, nearly 80% Time on Ground in both games.

I'm glad he is getting a shot at this level. Again I wonder why in one preseason, the Dees could fix his problems yet in 4 years we couldn't. Actually, I don't wonder, I already know the answer.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Harley was very good against the Whorks. He has what we don't have a lot of and that's skill! Couple of goal assists, looks silky everytime he gets it. Reckon he's still two or three games away from hitting fourth gear but coming along nicely considering where's he come from.

Getting him to that fourth gear was where we always failed.

noise36

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brown commenting on the game tonight talking about Sam Collins said he was the second highest rated defender this year behind Harris Andrews.

So our own defenders are made of glass and constantly breaking and we throw away Collins who goes on to success .

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Chris Maine

Attachments

• CC2C56ED-8989-4A37-AFEB-204314A7858B.png
    CC2C56ED-8989-4A37-AFEB-204314A7858B.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 178
  • 57ACE110-19CB-4F2C-A261-866B7FB07F48.png
    57ACE110-19CB-4F2C-A261-866B7FB07F48.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 174

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Chris Maine
Could do worse than Mayne coming home and being a development coach at Freo. He’s a real people person by all accounts, and has faced real adversity in his career. AND he’s studying teaching, has experience playing for a big Vic club, and gets on well with JLo - I reckon he’d be great in that role.

Last edited:
Could do worse than Maybe coming home and being a development coach at Freo. He’s a real people person by all accounts, and has faced real adversity in his career. AND he’s studying teaching, has experience playing for a big Vic club, and gets on well with JLo - I reckon he’d be great in that role.
the work that he did with Starlight as well was awesome and while we don’t want it to be a boys club, he seems like he’d be terrific to have back at the club when his playing days are done

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Found this article interesting especially the comments on Langdon and Bennell from Matty Lloyd.

ttps://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08/04/the-two-melbourne-stars-lloyd-believes-the-club-should-consider-trading

“Oliver is the same as (Jack) Viney who is the same as Brayshaw who is the same as (James) Harmes, (Ed) Langdon comes in who is tough but can’t kick the footy. (Adam) Tomlinson can’t get a game, (Nathan) Jones is a similar player, (Aaron) vandenBerg has a crack, (Tom) Sparrow has a crack and (Harley) Bennell is past his best.”

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Found this article interesting especially the comments on Langdon and Bennell from Matty Lloyd.

ttps://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08/04/the-two-melbourne-stars-lloyd-believes-the-club-should-consider-trading

“Oliver is the same as (Jack) Viney who is the same as Brayshaw who is the same as (James) Harmes, (Ed) Langdon comes in who is tough but can’t kick the footy. (Adam) Tomlinson can’t get a game, (Nathan) Jones is a similar player, (Aaron) vandenBerg has a crack, (Tom) Sparrow has a crack and (Harley) Bennell is past his best.”

I think Lloyd's mouth is two gears ahead of his brain a lot of the time

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK

Can anyone get behind this paywall and share the article with us? 😊 Cheers

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards

Can anyone get behind this paywall and share the article with us? 😊 Cheers
Interesting.
But Chris is contracted until end of 2021 and probably last one he ll get at AFL level. Hes 32 this year .I’d imagine they’ll move west after that, then play WAFL.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Has he played in a winning game since he upped and left?
Weird how we got Collingwood’s measure. Last week and 2019. Mayne didn’t play well in both at all. But I’m sure he’s happy. GF 2018 and PF in 2019. That’s winning, big time. Whereas this club hasn’t made finals on 5 years.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Interesting.
But Chris is contracted until end of 2021 and probably last one he ll get at AFL level. Hes 32 this year .I’d imagine they’ll move west after that, then play WAFL.
What a champ. Collingwood & supporters were incredibly disrespectful of him when he went over but he percervered & suffered.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Could do worse than Mayne coming home and being a development coach at Freo. He’s a real people person by all accounts, and has faced real adversity in his career. AND he’s studying teaching, has experience playing for a big Vic club, and gets on well with JLo - I reckon he’d be great in that role.
He would be great. Absolute role model for the youth and club as a whole. He’s been a mainstay of consistency, never stopped working hard and pushed to change his game even when Buckley publicly wrote him off. 54 games for Collingwood amongst all that. Talk about exceeding expectations on a supposed limited talent.
He’s a smart player, and always had pace to burn.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Not saying Neale leaving was in anyway good. But if he was sharing votes with fyfe neither of them would have won a brownlow..they both play the same position.

Back