Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

crowley was a 31 year old who hadn't played all year due to a drug ban and was coming off a below par year before that when he was delisted in 2015. 3 years later banfield played as a tagger in his 1st year, after having played as a tagger in the WAFL the year before.
Crowley was the best tagger the game has ever seen. There is always a place for taking out the oppos best on game day. Always

crowley was a 31 year old who hadn't played all year due to a drug ban and was coming off a below par year before that when he was delisted in 2015. 3 years later banfield played as a tagger in his 1st year, after having played as a tagger in the WAFL the year before.

Stop bringing all these facts into the conversation :laughing:

How did not having Crowley impact our 2015 game style? We finished one win from a grand final but didn't play him in that game with Hodge and Mitchell going nuts on us.

If he wasn't suspended I wonder if he would have played more and had a better chance of being picked to play.

Crowley was the best tagger the game has ever seen. There is always a place for taking out the oppos best on game day. Always
I’m not disagreeing that he wasn’t a damn good tagger at his best. In 2014 he started to slip a little, and then missed an entire year of football. In 2016 he was in and out of Essendon’s side which is saying something given how crap they were that year. Even if we kept Crowley on, he would have been completely cooked by 2018 when Banfield came into the side.

There was a news report that Materas management had asked if he could train with the Eagles, with a hope of some sort of contract.

He might struggle, the Eagles like their small forwards to work hard & get further than 25m from goal.

With the current batch of Matera's & Rioli's, ……………………………….. wouldn't get a game if their name was Billy Blunderbust.

How did not having Crowley impact our 2015 game style? We finished one win from a grand final but didn't play him in that game with Hodge and Mitchell going nuts on us.

If he wasn't suspended I wonder if he would have played more and had a better chance of being picked to play.

Didn’t his ban end the week before the Prelim?

Probably would’ve started round one and played every game, assuming he stayed fit tbh.

First player signed as a top up by Essendon after their players got banned... the irony.

Didn’t his ban end the week before the Prelim?

Probably would’ve started round one and played every game, assuming he stayed fit tbh.

First player signed as a top up by Essendon after their players got banned... the irony.
Yeah there was a lot of discussion about whether he could play his first game for the year in a prelim and tag out Mitchell.

Zero match fitness, would have been a huge risk. If only we had a "what if" machine to take a look.

Yeah there was a lot of discussion about whether he could play his first game for the year in a prelim and tag out Mitchell.

Zero match fitness, would have been a huge risk. If only we had a "what if" machine to take a look.
Crowley coming in and doing anything of note in the Prelim was a 1000 to 1 shot. He probably would have committed 4 Sheridans in the first quarter.

There was a news report that Materas management had asked if he could train with the Eagles, with a hope of some sort of contract.

He might struggle, the Eagles like their small forwards to work hard & get further than 25m from goal.
I believe this might be to play in the Eagles reserves team - akin to what Brady Grey did.

I believe this might be to play in the Eagles reserves team - akin to what Brady Grey did.
They don't have a reserves team anymore.

They are spreading their players among several wafl clubs as they have no agreements witha single team either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read into this as you will....

Last night while loading food stores onto the tug pushing up next to us, old mate* popped his head out of the porthole and said "you hear about Hogan at the B&F?"....

"Pissed?", i put forward.

"Off his head, that was the last straw. He's put $150,000 up his nose since he's been here" rattled old mate...

"who'd you hear this from?" i ventured.

"____ ___ is in the __________ and was at the B&F said he made a right arse of himself in front of everyone and he was the talk of the room". old mate answered.

"Would explain pick 54" i joined.

"If what i've been told is true, GWS paid us overs, you hear me!? Pick 54 and we robbed them blind at that!!" old mate spun eyes wide and mouth agape as he walked off with a box of stores.

*Old mate has been a huge fan of Jesse before and since he joined the club, I was surprised to see him so firm on this... He's also a die hard docker supporter, ex-East Freo player and over the journey has shared some unexpected gossip which has turned out to be around the mark.

Carter and Butters going back to Claremont (along with Watson and Treacy from WC)

Pina going back to Peel (along with Schofield from WC)

O'Reilly going back to East Freo (along with Schoenfeld from GC)

McCarthy back to South Freo (and Clem Smith joining them also)

Haven't heard anything about where Matera and Dixon are going yet (similarly Hamish Brayshaw). I'm assuming North is going back to Vic.
Update on North, McArdle’s reported again today he’s expected to stay here, likely going to Souths or WCE’s WAFL side

I reckon if Dardy kicks a few big bags he's a chance to get drafted again (not necessarily by us) if he keeps it together.
Have you seen his Instagram?

“6163 represent my rad bros 🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼
“Rockin it in Spearwood in the 6163 hood”
“Keepin it real my homies”
etc etc etc

No chance he keeps it together.

Oh and Matera has signed with Subiaco.

Matera training with West Coast is funny. Wants to use his family name as a way in.
Honestly he’s a good goalsneak, thought was turning it around in 2019. Just fitness and attitude wise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back