Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Its hard not to feel salty about what went down. Cost a Kings ransom(gettit?) and all he brought was bad press and then pissed off to GWS for peanuts. I get that mental health is involved so honestly I mostly blame Perth Media for being so weird about everything. But also come on Hogan how hard is it not to show up to functions off your ****.

Its hard not to feel salty about what went down. Cost a Kings ransom(gettit?) and all he brought was bad press and then pissed off to GWS for peanuts. I get that mental health is involved so honestly I mostly blame Perth Media for being so weird about everything. But also come on Hogan how hard is it not to show up to functions off your ****.

Yes - will always be his fault for being unprofessional during his time at Fremantle. But some blame should be shared by the club for a lack of player welfare (again) was it really that hard to work out that he was a player that needed a high level of support (which GWS are now giving). And, as always, a special mention to Haggers for maliciously pursing any incident (past, present and imagined) and then blowing it up as much as he could - he really has had an impact on a lot of players mental health I believe.

I dont get it
Theres this kid called Ben King who is pretty good who went with the pick we used for Hogan(was sent to Gold Coast via the Dees for May.)

Yes - will always be his fault for being unprofessional during his time at Fremantle. But some blame should be shared by the club for a lack of player welfare (again) was it really that hard to work out that he was a player that needed a high level of support (which GWS are now giving). And, as always, a special mention to Haggers for maliciously pursing any incident (past, present and imagined) and then blowing it up as much as he could - he really has had an impact on a lot of players mental health I believe.

Freo have been spoken highly of in the past for their player welfare. All GWS are doing that we didn't is having a 26 year old be babysat by a 34 year old. Which is absurd more than anything.

Which player did we pick up with the return draft pick GWS gave us for the Jesse Hogan trade. Was it one of the NGA listed players?

For the record I don't think the Hogan trade cost us King. I think in the absence of the opportunity to recruit Hogan we would have refused to trade Neale or held out for three-way deals involving high quality players from other clubs. I.E. The club didn't want more high picks they wanted players. The proved that by trading out the other picks for Lobb. I.E. We wouldn't have gone into that draft with 6.
BTW hindsight has proved them wrong. Not in the sense that the Hogan deal went bad, but in that without that extra injection of talent from one more high set of draft picks (Serong & Young & Henry) our side once fully mature would have been short just that extra bit of class that makes the difference.

Which player did we pick up with the return draft pick GWS gave us for the Jesse Hogan trade. Was it one of the NGA listed players?
surprisingly difficult to find out - was either swallowed up in the bid for Walker or we passed on the pick when we were waiting to see if Western would slip to be a cat b player or not.

We had excess picks at the back end of the draft and passed on them until someone bid on Western. We would have got Walker/Western if we simply delisted Hogan. It was simply a means to get his contract off our books.

I do remember For pick 6 -Melbourne got Steven May as well as Kade Kolojashnij from Gold Coast who was Pick 5 in the 2014 National draft and had played 78 games.

For a while there it looked like May wouldn't work out as he had injuries in his 1st season and Kolojashnij had to retire last year because of concussion issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the whole situation was a mess but this ain't it lad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back