Rumour Former Geelong Cat ‘crowing’ over love affair with Kangaroo champ’s ex-wife

Remove this Banner Ad

How to use a lot of words to say absolutely nothing:

The AFL community is in a spin after news of a love affair started spreading.
A North Melbourne champion’s ex-wife is now in a relationship with a former Cat who has been crowing about his new love.

Both parties are said to be OK with the situation with the famous Roo now ensconced in a new relationship.

The former Cat is now looking to move interstate to be with his new partner and set up a new life in Melbourne.

It’s unknown whether the two former stars are on talking terms, as there are children involved, The two well-liked former players are well considered and popular, with no reason that this couldn’t be a harmonious situation.

Why are people talking about this and not the other scandal from the same article? Does anyone have any clues as to who this might be? Keen to hear more about it.

SHEAHAN INK’S SECRET SHORTS

An embarrassed AFL player reluctantly told us this week he ran two laps of the Albert Park, proceeded to drive home to his South Yarra apartment when he realised his mobile phone was nowhere to be found.

Upon looking at his Garmin watch and still receiving texts and phone calls, he couldn’t find his device.

The 300-plus gamer star stopped the car in a panic and started to rummage through his car to try and locate his phone.

After five minutes of searching, the red-faced giant bird found his phone on the roof of his car.

The footballer told us the phone had been stuck to the roof for at least a kilometre.

“It’s worse than losing your wallet,” he said, demanding we not print his name.

I don’t get it. Ex wife, so presumably a divorcee, is in love with another ex player. Where’s the scandal and why is this news?

Well apparently based on what I have learned over the past few years, if the players were at any point mates then the ex-Cat is a dirty dog and the ex-wife is a whore - am I doing that right?

Would laugh if it was Cameron Mooney and Anthony Stevens ex

Would laugh if it was Cameron Mooney and Anthony Stevens ex
But Cam Mooney is an Victorian resident , so he doesn’t fit the profile …. I would think it’s ex Geelong players now coaching or are administrators with interstate clubs , Stevie J , Harley , come to mind for me , who else is based interstate who’s an ex cat?
Could the ex Roo , be Carey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well apparently based on what I have learned over the past few years, if the players were at any point mates then the ex-Cat is a dirty dog and the ex-wife is a whore - am I doing that right?
Oh!! Still, an ex player. And a divorcee

Finally. Love this sort of thing in the off-season.

If it was one of the '07 to '11 boys, surely the article would have hinted at it instead of just referring to the Cat as a former player? But I'm bored so I'll list a few names anyway:

Josh Hunt was up here in Brissy working for the Lions. I think he left at the end of last year.
Stevie J is at GWS so in Sydney.
Harley is at the Swans so in Sydney.
Joel Corey is at Freo so in Perth.
Not sure where Allen Christensen is based now but obviously he was in Brisbane.
Daniel Menzel was in Sydney.
Nathan Vardy is in Perth.
Dawson Simpson was in Sydney.

Not saying it is any of them of course, but I thought I'd toss you all a few ex-Geelong names so you can have fun speculating.

This is one of those stories that a writer (they used to be called journalists but that term shouldn't apply for most of today's footy media) has saved on their desktop, to be used in an emergency.

As soon as JL told Cricket Australia to jam it yesterday, the HS runs around like crazy, looking high and low for a footy story to trump the cricket news, and this is the best they can come up with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back