News Former Geelong VFL footballer Casey Tutungi diagnosed as a quadriplegic

Remove this Banner Ad

Will prob go in person next Sat.

Am trying to limit the amount of activity on my credit card. ;)

I do the same thing with regard to credit cards.
It pays my internet and book purchases. I will need to draw some cash out of the BB for the game tomorrow anyway as I am skun (unless this bug does not ruin me for Saturday) so I will do it then.

I do the same thing with regard to credit cards.
It pays my internet and book purchases. I will need to draw some cash out of the BB for the game tomorrow anyway as I am skun (unless this bug does not ruin me for Saturday) so I will do it then.

I might not come tomorrow actually. Farking sunshine all week and rain forecast tomorrow, ****ing typical. :mad:

Thinking Bendigo Bank tomorrow to make the donation, then wander into the fish n chips shop next door for lunch!!! Unless the weather is ok...

Donated $50 towards Casey's fund. I hope every little bit we put in helps Casey and his family.
just transferred the same now. not much but every bit counts. hopefully can go a bit to help him get to a decent standard of living!

get around him GFC!!!

Massive thumbs up here.....

Im sure the Cattery has plans for something.....
I would have thought a club sponsored raffle of some special items would get some action....

GO Catters
I think the GFC were meeting with Lorne & South Barwon yesterday to come up with some fundraisers.

Maybe a pre-season hit out between the AFL and VFL premiers.

Lorne V South Barwon in the curtain-raiser.

Throw in some bands etc.

Bankers in a close one. ;)

Good article by HR Chapness
We look after our own

PAUL CHAPMAN: THE Casey Tutungi story has impacted on everyone in Geelong.To see a young footballer, a young father-to-be, left a quadriplegic following a tragic accident on the footy field is terribly sad.Casey, as most people in Australia now know, played with our club in the VFL, and his situation has hit hard at Simonds Stadium, as well as throughout the whole region.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2013/07/13/369172_news.html

The Casey Tutungi Foundation got a big feature at quarter time of the Foxtel broadcast of the Geelong V Melbourne game yesterday. It was a moving piece so hopefully Bendigo Bank get a lot of money flowing through to the foundation's account.

Bartel and Brownless were talking about the Casey Tutungi Foundation today on the Sunday Footy Show. Bartel had some great words to say about Casey

Absolutely devastating news. He was a player who had given so much and still had more to offer. Recover soon mate! All of us are thinking of you in your times of pain.

I'll donate to this also, I remember reading this story and posting about it on our own board in the RDT.
If you can chuck a badge under my name so others can find this thread that would be appreciated (I found it via a medal). :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is such a tragic incident for this young man. Money will not remove the mental and physical pain but hopefully it will make his life financially easier.

From memory there was a Port Power player in the 90s that almost broke his neck in a game. Do you Cat supporters remember this or anyone else for that matter?

It is such a tragic incident for this young man. Money will not remove the mental and physical pain but hopefully it will make his life financially easier.

From memory there was a Port Power player in the 90s that almost broke his neck in a game. Do you Cat supporters remember this or anyone else for that matter?

Danny O'Brien or something similar wasn't?

Such a tragic event and if all I can do is give a bit of cash to help then I will make sure not to forget the importance of doing so. Just stopping and thinking for a moment about this and putting yourself in Casey's situation really is a shock. Hope my small donation will help. Will never meet him or his family but at least it's something. All the best to him, his family and friends. Tragic. Hope he can have some sort of life after adjusting to the reality of what's before him. It's just struck me speechless really trying to relate.

Terrible story and will make sure I donate at a Bendigo Bank outlet.

Probably a stupid question but would he be covered by some sort of insurance from his footy club when he signed up with them ?

Great tragedy for Casey and his family, my thoughts are with them.

It is a great game and beyond the tribal colours, we in the wider football community need to support & look after our own. I would implore all supporters from all clubs if you are able, please give what you can.

Neil Sachse suffered the same fate as Casey back in 1975 playing for Footscray against Fitzroy.
Sachse (at least a couple of years ago http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...lers-not-to-duck/story-e6freck3-1226049477050) seems hearteningly productive and busy. Hopefully Casey will be as well in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back