News Former Geelong VFL footballer Casey Tutungi diagnosed as a quadriplegic

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievably sad news, and just horrible timing with his fiance due to give birth to their 1st child in Nov. The fact he will never be able to hold his child is just incredibly sad. Can only hope some medical break through occurs in his lifetime

We're onto it, Jim Boy is about to get the ball rolling.

Great work guys.

One thing - Casey will not let this stop him either. By all reports he is determined to walk again.

Wishing Casey and the Tutungi family all the best. I am sorry I could not afford to donate any more than I have already.

really terrible news which puts things into perspective and how all of us that have problems in life this is a mere reminder of how lucky we are. Wish Casey all the best and now i hope South Barwon win the flag

Never doubted we would. We stick!:thumbsu:

GEELONG coach Chris Scott says the club will do anything it can to support former Cats VFL player Casey Tutungi, who has been pronounced a quadriplegic after an accident during a local football match on June 22.

http://is.gd/pdMYc8

Never doubted we would. We stick!:thumbsu:

http://is.gd/pdMYc8

Just shocking news that -saw it on the main board last night -and as a result didnt bother to watch the football shows id taped . You just pray some future medical break though can help him

It just goes to show your in the lap of the gods -Blake Caracella he retired prematurely -he was so close to the same result-after that collision
You look at the Selwood Whitecross incident last year -i shuddered when that happened .

And that GWS guy on the weekend -that was the most reckless -idiotic thing ive seen -with no duty of care shown at all to the opposition player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that GWS guy on the weekend -that was the most reckless -idiotic thing ive seen -with no duty of care shown at all to the opposition player
What kind of an idiot ran at full pace towards another player, that's just stupid , I don't care whether it was legal or not, rididicuous thing to do. Anyway feel sorry for the guy.

Casey is a strong bloke and determined to do the best he can and he will. However quadriplegia has a massive impact, not just on the individual but also on those around him. The littlest things in life can suddenly become the hardest. Casey’s partner is expecting their first child in November. Anything that can be done will reduce the stress and the strain.

Like any proud football supporter, we all want to give back to those that have given to us. Casey’s contribution to the South Barwon, the VFL Cats, the Springvale Scorpions and Lorne should not be underestimated. He has helped many an AFL player reach their dreams at the cost of his own. In this time of need, it’s time to rally around and do what we can. Many AFL players already have. The BigFooty community is also striving to do everything it can to help and has donated to the Future Fund.

The two two things that can be done to help support Casey and his family are:
1. Donate to Casey by visiting caseytutungi.com or by walking into a branch of the Bendigo Bank and contributing to the Casey Tutungi Future Fund
2. Head to caseytutungi.com and leave a message of support

Making donations can be difficult if you are under financial stress, especially given the current state of the economy, but any little bit helps. Casey’s diagnosis is permanent, so there is plenty of opportunity to help in the future.

Finally if you want to encourage others at BigFooty to make a donation, contact one of the BigFooty Admins and we will arrange for a medal under your username to show that you are a supporter of Casey. This medal links to a page detailing to other users how they can help secure the future of not only Casey, but his young family as well.

Casey is a strong bloke and determined to do the best he can and he will. However quadriplegia has a massive impact, not just on the individual but also on those around him. The littlest things in life can suddenly become the hardest. Casey’s partner is expecting their first child in November. Anything that can be done will reduce the stress and the strain.

Like any proud club, we all want to give back to those that have given to us. Casey’s contribution to the Cats and local footy particularly in Geelong should not be underestimated. In this time of need, it’s time to rally around one of our own and do what we can. The AFL players have. BigFooty is also striving to do everything it can to help and has donated to the Future Fund.

The two two things that can be done to help support Casey and his family are:
1. Donate to Casey by visiting caseytutungi.com or by walking into a branch of the Bendigo Bank and contributing to the Casey Tutungi Future Fund
2. Head to caseytutungi.com and leaving a message of support

Making donations can be difficult if you are under financial stress, especially given the current state of the economy, but any little bit helps. Casey’s diagnosis is permanent, so there is plenty of opportunity to help in the future.

Finally if you want to encourage others at BigFooty to make a donation, contact one of the Geelong moderators and we will arrange for a medal under your username to show that you are a supporter of Casey. This medal links to a page detailing to other users how they can help secure the future of not only Casey, but his young family as well.

Want to congratulate you on a fantastic post Jim Boy.

I'd just like to add, if people are even able to donate the cost of a lunch, rather than nothing, it all helps. That way, if lots of people donate the cost of a lunch, it all adds up.

My heart goes out to Casey, his fiancé and family. It's so hard to imagine what he is going through, thinking about such an active, vital young guy becoming a quadriplegic! We really need to get around Casey and his loved ones the
Geelong way!

Casey-Tutungi_zps0815db24.jpg

Hate to see anyone seriously injured doing what they love - Sad day.​
Thoughts and prayers go out to Casey, family and friends.​

As I tweeted before it's amazing how sick and upset I can feel for someone I never actually met... just heart breaking stuff.

Feel in particular for his fiancé who is pregnant and expecting in November... and for the fact that he will never be able to hold and pick up his own child..... life just isn't fair sometimes :(

Oh God Hot Tin Roof and Shaneo, seeing his picture and reading Shane's words, I'm in tears and yes Shane, "it's amazing how sick and upset I can feel for someone I never actually met... just heart breaking stuff."

As part if the Geelong family, we can and must support Casey and his family.

I wonder if we could get The Footy Show on board with this cause somehow? Perhaps Jim Boy and the rest of the admin team can devise the most appropriate way of informing channel 9, providing Casey's family were comfortable with that. I have seen similar things before on The Footy Show. This would be by far the most effective way to generate exposure for this cause IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back