Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
JED ADCOCK

DOB: 15/11/1985
HEIGHT: 185cm
WEIGHT: 84kg
POSITION: Utility
RECRUITED FROM: Brisbane Lions (Pick 48, 2015 rookie draft) previously North Ballarat Rebels (Pick 33, 2003 national draft)
ACHIEVEMENTS: Brisbane Lions Captain (2014), Brisbane Lions Co-Captain (2013)
DEBUT: Round 7, 2004 (Brisbane Lions)
Yet to debut for the Western Bulldogs.

*Picture of him in our gear to be added at a later date.

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-12-01/adcock-settles-in-at-44

Jed Adcock says he’s looking forward to helping the young Dogs around him in the locker room, after the Western Bulldogs rookie recruit was handed the number 44 guernsey this week.

The former Brisbane captain will be seated alongside Lin Jong, Jack Redpath and several of the Bulldogs new draftees.

Adcock defines his leadership style simply, and hopes he will be able to pass on knowledge from his 206 AFL games to those around him.

“I think it’s just constant communication.

“You don’t have to do a great deal it’s just making sure they’re alright, they’re settling in well, understanding the game plan and what’s expected of being an AFL footballer.

“(And) really just continue that dialogue with them and make sure they’re on the right track.”

Adcock spent a week training with the Club in the number 50 guernsey, ahead of last week’s rookie draft, and joked that the move down to 44 should ease the settling in process.

“I was in jumper number 50 for my first week and it was a heavy number.

“I was right on the end, parked myself with no one around me so it’s nice to shift around the corner and settle in.”

After watching the Bulldogs over the course of this season, Adcock says his initial impressions proved to be true after training with the group for just over a week.

“I watched a little bit, I think most people probably watched a bit of the Bulldogs.

“I think I now know and have confirmed what I thought which is that the game plan is quick and they utilise their skill set which is the pace that they can move the ball really well.

“Hopefully I can keep up with that and add a bit of my flair as well.”

Was ok in his first game for the club. His first five minutes were outstanding with his intensity right up but dropped off a bit as the game wore on (wasn't alone). We're going to need him back in his old position a fair bit now with JJ and Murphy out so hopefully he can offer a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back