AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
JoelHamlingWBProfile_Portrait.jpg

DOB: 09/03/1993
Height: 194cm
Weight: 88kg
Position: Tall Defender
Recruited from: Claremont(WAFL)/Geelong
Drafted: Pick 32, 2011 National Draft (Geelong)

The Bulldogs signed key defender Joel Hamling as a delisted free-agent in November, 2014.

The 194-centimetre athletic back had previously spent three years on the senior list at the Geelong Cats.

Hamling was drafted by Geelong with pick 32 in the 2011 National Draft, after an impressive combine, ranking in the elite category for both the 20 metre sprint and running vertical jump

Hamling will complement the growing young group of defenders at the Kennel, and has the versatility to play forward, as shown early in his career.

Look forward to seeing how he goes, definitely the hardest back line to try & break into over recent times at Geelong but from all accounts it wasn't from lack of talent.

For what it's worth, apparently I met him a few times when I was younger up in Broome as one of my best mates who worked there at the time has a now-fiancé, her little brother was really good mates with Joel & to quote my mate, "we used to kick his ass at ping pong". So yes, my neighbours cats previous owner who worked with the vet of the uncle of his step-cousin definitely knew the guy who worked with someone who knew Joel from school but was in a different year.....

fffe69caa22b48c903db5235ee73fed1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back