Rumour Former West Coast Eagles star Daniel Kerr has been charged with aggravated stalking and breaching a violence restraint order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
From the article on news.com.au:

“The only time I sent text messages which I didn’t like was when I seen her at the gym with my daughter and the form that she was teaching my daughter on push-ups, sit-ups actually, wasn’t of the nature that I would like,” he said. “I missed her (my daughter’s) birthday, which was tough, but not as tough as seeing her get taught bad form sit-ups.”

fake tyrone

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Warrington Wolves, ACF Fiorentina
I initially only saw the first 6 or 7 words of the title and thought some old thread was getting bumped with off-topic banter but no, Daniel Kerr has created new content for us to shake our heads at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone who was at the 06 GF knows there were at least 4 WCE players who were 'super-charged' - Cousins, Kerr, Chick and Hunter.

Watch the game sometime...its self evident.

How did they pass the 'significant number of tests' on the 'most tested game of the year' ? Just wondering since you're in the know?
They even had the ASADA Boss fooled, but a super sleuth like yourself will surely tell us how they pulled it off?

ASADA boss Richard Ings has come out in defence of the West Coast Eagles in the wake of renewed claims of a tainted premiership.
Ings, who was in charge of the anti-doping authority from 2005 to 2010, said no Eagles players returned positive match-day tests during the 2006 season.
He told 3AW the grand final against the Sydney Swans was the most tested game of the year.
“There would have been a significant number of tests conducted
on both teams after that grand final and there were no players who were tested who returned positive tests for any banned substance,” Ings said.
"It would have been a full screen in-competition test, which means it's not just for steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs but also for a range of illicit drugs including methamphetamine, cocaine and even heroin.”
He said ASADA also conducted “target testing” during the home-and-away season and the finals.
“There was a lot of target testing of the Eagles,” he said.
“There was a lot of intelligence coming in from various sources that suggested this was a club where some testing should take place and target testing did indeed take place of players at that club during that period.
“Well, there were no positives that came through. There were no match-day positives for illicit drugs.”

We all know Benny was on recreational drugs. But it doesn't look like they were at the 2006 GF. And likely not during any games in 2006 since they clearly knew they were being targeted.
Who knows, could be the reason they finally won one with all the talent that midfield had.
I dont blame you for being confused though, not like any of the Sydney Swans have ever taken drugs, no way.

Once was enough. Happy to take your word for it

I'm sure you are. Genius-level approach.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also have a look a Cousins in the prelim....super human.
Andrew Fraser the famous disgraced lawyer wrote an article once about the effects of “recreational drugs” and performance. He was clearly an experienced addict and he wrote that it was very obvious to him that they were getting a huge advantage.
He pointed to Ben Cousins amazing running efforts and then coming to the bench and vomiting regularly.

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Andrew Fraser the famous disgraced lawyer wrote an article once about the effects of “recreational drugs” and performance. He was clearly an experienced addict and he wrote that it was very obvious to him that they were getting a huge advantage.
He pointed to Ben Cousins amazing running efforts and then coming to the bench and vomiting regularly.

Oh really? Because only 4 years ago 11 of your players tested positive. 11!!
Most would still be on your list, so are they now getting this huge advantage that you're referencing.
I mean 2 years after this article you guys looked 'superhuman' as you thrashed Richmond in the Prelim - see anyone can play this game.

Just because the media would rather focus on 15 years ago doesn't make it more relevant than what would be going on in today's era.

Except Mumfords perf in 12 was sub par - you're 'innocents' over performed in every unbiased persons eyes.

Cousins
Brownlow Medalist
6 X All Australian
AFL Rising Star Winner
Leigh Matthews Trophy

Kerr
All Australian
Runner-up Bronwlow X 2
Third Place Brownlow

"Over performed"

Lol

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched Kerr up close in one game in 07. Late 07 at the Etihad against North. At the time aker talked about Braun probably being on drugs and just seeing Kerr up close I thought he was probably the one on it. Lightning quick. Non stop running. Was hoping one of the north blokes would knock him out.

Most players were on drugs especially in that period.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Kerrs granfather was Con Regan one of the all time greats of WA football from all accounts he played in a similar way back in the 50's .Kerrs father was Roger Kerr one of the best examples of white line fever on the field back in the 1980's .Kerrs sister is Sam Kerr one of the best womens soccer players in the world and an essential player in arguably Australias best national team.
I don't think drugs were a factor in Daniel Kerrs performances on the field.

Kerr was really good on the day I saw him. I was row a level 1..could see everything. He was so far ahead of everyone else it was pretty pathetic 😂. I still remember one play I think he got the hard ball get on the ground in a bounce and then he sprinted away. I was like, "wtfff is this s**t". I'm not going to say he wasn't good. He was a great player. I still believe and this isn't based on anytbing I know but I believe players do take something to perform better..I'm not saying Kerr did. I believe some AFL players do. I do know players in the early to mid 00s would take drugs reguarly off the field. Not going to name which club but it's not an interstate team. A decent number of their players (5-10+) would go to a home (not naming the person's relationship to me) and they would get really into it. I refuse to believe players aren't given something to recover/perform year in year out. So this constant drug talk is nonsense most do it. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

The_Hyphen

You can't handle the truth...
Aug 16, 2020
Covid Central
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
lufc
The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.

Beyond reasonable doubt? Probably not.

On the balance of probability - Almost certainly.

Case closed.

Back