Formula 1 - Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix (16th April)

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
So why don't people like this race? Have previous years been boring?

This one's been a cracker so far.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Gripping race, much better than last week.

Shame we didn't end up getting the last lap duel for the win, not that I wanted Lewis to actually overtake Vettel.

Galaxie77

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spezia Calcio.
Another win... Too Good.
Hopefully Raikonen can find some form and get up there.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd be pretty dirty if I was Bottas- forced to let Hamilton past TWICE, and yeah I get that Hamilton was quicker the second time round, but the fact it just gave Hamilton the spot ahead of him at the finish, I'd be filthy I didn't get a chance to defend that spot and just swapped points.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd be pretty dirty if I was Bottas- forced to let Hamilton past TWICE, and yeah I get that Hamilton was quicker the second time round, but the fact it just gave Hamilton the spot ahead of him at the finish, I'd be filthy I didn't get a chance to defend that spot and just swapped points.
Yeh the fact that Bottas seemed to have no problem with it and moved aside straight away, tells you he knows he is only at Mercedes as support for Hamilton in the Constructors title. Bottas doesn't quite have the aggression to be a World Champion (Even Nico was willing to show a bit of fight)
Still beats being in the Williams though

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Motor racing gods to enforce a few mechanical failures for Hamilton later in the year?

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
Instead of scrapping for second, he let Hamilton cut down the inside at a turn. Hamilton then aborted his hunt of Vettel with 2 laps to go.
Why the hell didn't he then slow down and let Bottas back past as the commentators said he would when he was initially released?

The argument is that Hamilton would have probably* got Bottas anyway, but in doing so, he may have locked up and smoked his tyres, got long or wide etc..

Terrible sportsmanship to not reverse order at the end with 2 full laps remaining when he gave up.
Bottas looked bloody icey in the staging room after the race..

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Instead of scrapping for second, he let Hamilton cut down the inside at a turn. Hamilton then aborted his hunt of Vettel with 2 laps to go.
Why the hell didn't he then slow down and let Bottas back past as the commentators said he would when he was initially released?

The argument is that Hamilton would have probably* got Bottas anyway, but in doing so, he may have locked up and smoked his tyres, got long or wide etc..

Terrible sportsmanship to not reverse order at the end with 2 full laps remaining when he gave up
Bottas looked bloody icey in the staging room after the race..
Only issue is that Hamilton had created a 15 second gap over Bottas after he was let through, and Bottas had Kimi within 2 seconds of him
Would have been too risky for Hamilton to go 15 seconds slower in the final laps (and have all the blue flag cars overtake him without being given a penalty for slow driving) just to let Bottas through, then fight off Kimi on fresher tyres.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
So why don't people like this race? Have previous years been boring?

This one's been a cracker so far.

yeah for some reason Bahrain always has the tag of being a boring race, but last few have been pretty good and normally come down to the alst few laps.

Back